Intimacy with God?

Jamie Gigliotti

"According to the Gospel, God offers us His indwelling presence where spirit touches spirit and the deepest, truest intimacy results." Ravi Zacharias

The whole reason for it all; His love that He wants us to willingly share in through Jesus, the reconcilling work of the cross, and His Spirit. His love filling out hearts, Him filling us and demonstrated through us in what we say and do.

"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him." 1 John 4:16

Do you know Him intimately?
There is nothing greater!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him." 1 John 4:16

Do you know Him intimately?

If one has fruits of righteousness, he is his. No fruit? Plan to be cut down (Lk 9:3, Mt 21:19, Re 6:13).
smiley_emoticons_mttao_baum_faellen.gif

brinny

This is most precious, thank you.

i must admit, i have been distant from God as of late.

Your thread and it's subject reminds me of how very PRECIOUS our Father's heart is towards us.

God bless you.

Last edited:

Jamie Gigliotti

This is most precious, thank you.

i must admit, i have been distant from God as of late.

Your thread and it's subject reminds me of how very PRECIOUS our Father's heart is towards us.

God bless you.
God bless you! It's such a privilege to encourage someone in their relationship with Him.
Intimacy is a very scary endeavor at times. I remember when I first found Him, I could not take too much it was overwhelming. He has taught me and I am learning more and more to cherish it and embrace Him, and that it is much scarier trying to ignore Him. May His Spirit, His love and peace and Joy fill you!

brinny

God bless you! It's such a privilege to encourage someone in their relationship with Him.
Intimacy is a very scary endeavor at times. I remember when I first found Him, I could not take too much it was overwhelming. He has taught me and I am learning more and more to cherish it and embrace Him, and that it is much scarier trying to ignore Him. May His Spirit, His love and peace and Joy fill you!

And you too, brother, amen.

Here's a quote that i have meditated on many times to understand myself what intimacy with God means....

i understood then, that "walking with God" as Godly men in the Bible did is "talking" with him, about EVERYTHING, not holding anything back, and thus my understanding of intimacy with God began.

“Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, it's pleasures, and it's pains, to a dear friend.

Tell him your troubles, that he may comfort you; tell him your joys, that he may sober them; tell him your longings, that he may purify them; tell him your dislikes, that he may help you coquer them; talk to him of your temptations, that he may shield you from them; show him the wounds of your heart, that he may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others.

If you thus pour out your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of their heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God.” ~ Francois Fenelon

Jamie Gigliotti

Here's a quote that i have meditated on many times to understand myself what intimacy with God means....

i understood then, that "walking with God" as Godly men in the Bible did is "talking" with him, about EVERYTHING, not holding anything back, and thus my understanding of intimacy with God began.

“Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, it's pleasures, and it's pains, to a dear friend.

Tell him your troubles, that he may comfort you; tell him your joys, that he may sober them; tell him your longings, that he may purify them; tell him your dislikes, that he may help you coquer them; talk to him of your temptations, that he may shield you from them; show him the wounds of your heart, that he may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others.

If you thus pour out your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subject of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of their heart, without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God.” ~ Francois Fenelon
Funny we try to hide ourselves from Him as if He doesn't know everything about us... Embracing Him is so much easier... Thank you for that!

brinny

Funny we try to hide ourselves from Him as if He doesn't know everything about us... Embracing Him is so much easier... Thank you for that!

That's soooo profound, and yes, that's EXACTLY what i still have a propensity to do. I PRAY about this, because it comes sooo easy to hide from him and keep ev'ry thing to myself.

He is sooooo wise, however, and patient with me, as He, being the GOOD Shepherd that HE is, guides me and draws me back in by His loving kindness and tender mercies.

Thank you for this thread.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

And also don't always be on the negative side

Share with God how precious His Presence is with you, how cheering, how much you love the name of Jesus, how often problems seem to resolve themselves after prayer.

How thankful you are to belong to Him, how much you delight to SEE the life of Jesus being manifest through you.

Jamie Gigliotti

That's soooo profound, and yes, that's EXACTLY what i still have a propensity to do. I PRAY about this, because it comes sooo easy to hide from him and keep ev'ry thing to myself.

He is sooooo wise, however, and patient with me, as He, being the GOOD Shepherd that HE is, guides me and draws me back in by His loving kindness and tender mercies.

Thank you for this thread.
How could we ever sing of His praises enough?

Jamie Gigliotti

Amen! It seems that when we sing praises to Him, HE is the One ministering to us!

What an AWESOME God He is!
greenstars.gif
Ah the irony. I remember thinking In my pride before I ever worshipped. "What is God just egotistical? Bow to Him?"
And then He moved us to; and we say yes LORD we need You, we love You, You are indesrciably good, we worship you, and you are so right it benefits us in our hearts and soul more than we could have ever imagined. There in no better feeling, experience, joy, love than communing with Him! And the reality is worship is an amazing way to be intimate with Him.

brinny

Ah the irony. I remember thinking In my pride before I ever worshipped. "What is God just egotistical? Bow to Him?"
And then He moved us to; and we say yes LORD we need You, we love You, You are indesrciably good, we worship you, and you are so right it benefits us in our hearts and soul more than we could have ever imagined. There in no better feeling, experience, joy, love than communing with Him! And the reality is worship is an amazing way to be intimate with Him.

Yes it is. He's a DELIGHTFUL God! Amen!

Jamie Gigliotti

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from who every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ May dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and the length and the height and the depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power that is at work in us, to Him be the glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

Knowing Him and His love and being filled with Him to His glory is what it is all about. Join me in this prayer for ourselves and anyone who reads this.