In our name and on our behalf

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

That's not what you said in post #6. You said that no one can understand the Gospel unless they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. How can someone believe the Gospel if they don't understand it? What do you think the word believe means?

Go easy on him...He is here to reveal our fruits of the Spirit...long suffering, patience...love him as He loved us...just as

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You cannot reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved. You are as lost as they come.
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, 11-28.

I have not rejected the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When I first understood it I believed it.

I have been here for years presenting the truth of this message. I preach the whole counsel of the Word of God now. It is not true that the gospel is no longer true. The gospel without the commandments is not the gospel, because Jesus instructed us to keep (do) and teach the commandments. Even Paul taught the commandments. But this is void from the gospel I once was preached. As much as I understood God did not even want us to obey Him any more after Jesus died on the cross for our sins. He was buried, yes. And rose from the dead.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
That's not what you said in post #6. You said that no one can understand the Gospel unless they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. How can someone believe the Gospel if they don't understand it? What do you think the word believe means?

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard Peter's Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, 11-28.

I have not rejected the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When I first understood it I believed it.

I have been here for years presenting the truth of this message. I preach the whole counsel of the Word of God now. It is not true that the gospel is no longer true. The gospel without the commandments is not the gospel, because Jesus instructed us to keep (do) and teach the commandments. Even Paul taught the commandments. But this is void from the gospel I once was preached. As much as I understood God did not even want us to obey Him any more after Jesus died on the cross for our sins. He was buried, yes. And rose from the dead.

Shalom.

Jacob

We are saved and justified by faith alone. If you add anything to that it no longer by faith alone, it is by works.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We are saved and justified by faith alone. If you add anything to that it no longer by faith alone, it is by works.

Faith alone, yes. But God wants us to obey Him in faith. If you do not have faith, it is impossible to please Him. Is it important to obey God? What do you think? What do you believe? Is it true that faith without obedience is not (true) faith at all?

In other words, is there such a thing as faith without obedience? If you have faith in God why would you say that it is not important for you to obey Him?

I do not know why people say faith alone. It sounds like people are saying faith without works or faith without obedience.

You are saved by grace through faith and not of works. But God wants you to serve Him. He has prepared works in advance for you to do, if you are truly of Him.

Shalom.

Jacob

fishrovmen

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard Peter's Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.

Ok, what does this have to do with post #6 where you claim that to understand the Gospel, one must be indwelt with the Holy Spirit?
Where do you find any scripture that declares this?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you have not received his Son Jesus Christ, you have a heart of stone.

What law did Christ speak to Israel and write on stone tablets?

(Hint) It was not the law given through Moses.

The stone tablets were kept for awhile in the sanctuary.

Now we are the sanctuary.

Robert Pate

Banned
"For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people." (2 Corinthians 6:16)

The indwelling Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why was the Spirit of Truth not available in John's day?

The Holy Spirit has always been in the world.

However, on the day of Pentecost it was a new magnification of the Holy Spirit that no one had ever witnessed before. You can read about it in Acts 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.