In local news...

musterion

...an elementary in a district not far from me sent out an email saying they found 2 confirmed cases of pertussis (whooping cough), but an inside source said there's upward of 5 known by the county health department. Strange thing is...all the kids reportedly had their pertussis shots on schedule, as most all kids do these days. A week's source of Z-Paks are being sent home with all students who may have come in contact with the infected ones.

This area is not, to my knowledge, known for anti-vax folks and I believe schools will not allow non-vax kids to enroll. Even if they did, the spike among vaccinated kids is strange.

As of early this afternoon, local news hadn't picked up on it.

An odd development.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
...an elementary in a district not far from me sent out an email saying they found 2 confirmed cases of pertussis (whooping cough), but an inside source said there's upward of 5 known by the county health department. Strange thing is...all the kids reportedly had their pertussis shots on schedule, as most all kids do these days. A week's source of Z-Paks are being sent home with all students who may have come in contact with the infected ones.

This area is not, to my knowledge, known for anti-vax folks and I believe schools will not allow non-vax kids to enroll. Even if they did, the spike among vaccinated kids is strange.

As of early this afternoon, local news hadn't picked up on it.

An odd development.

Just come out and say it. Someone's bound to do it for you anyway.

And in my state, parents can, and do, opt out of vaccines, and can still enroll their children in school.

musterion

That may well be true, I do not know.

However, the point is that the principal of the building in question affirmed the students were in fact immunized.