In Defense of the Gospel

beloved57

The Gospel that I teach brings honor and glory to Jesus Christ.

See my new thread "Jesus is our... Redeemer, Justifier, Reconciler, Sanctifier, Glorifier."
You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief! That's antichrist.

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that millions for whom Christ died shall wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief! That's antichrist.

God imposes salvation on no one because he is not a respecter of persons.

Salvation has been provided for all, but its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

beloved57

God imposes salvation on no one because he is not a respecter of persons.

Salvation has been provided for all, but its not yours if you don't receive it, John 1:12.

Like I said, you deny the Saving Death of Christ, teaching that millions He died for wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, thats antichrist !

Robert Pate

Banned
Like I said, you deny the Saving Death of Christ, teaching that millions He died for wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, thats antichrist !

Nothing in the Bible is yours if you don't receive it. You need to receive Christ as your savior, John 1:12.

Robert Pate

Banned
God does nothing outside of his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:14-19.

If you want to be saved you will have to go through Jesus Christ, John 14:6.

Nanja

You had better do something because you are lost.

Here try this.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Only God's Chosen in Union with Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9 for Him to die for, shall call on / cry to Him day and night as evidence that they are His Elect Children.

Luke 18:7
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Rom. 8:15-16
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Psalm 84:2
My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

~~~~~

beloved57

Paul Said that he stood in defense of the Gospel, Philippians 1:17. He didn't stand in defense of the law, nor did he stand in defense of some religion. If you read the epistles that Paul wrote and you come up with some doctrine like Calvinism, Catholicism or whatever it is because you have distorted what Paul has written.

Paul's main objective was the preaching of the Gospel. It was the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Paul spent over 20 years of his life and traveled over 10,000 miles by donkey, by foot and by ship preaching the Gospel. Paul and the apostles were not taking a survey to see who had been predestinated, nor were they making plans to build elaborate cathedrals, there main goal was to preach the Gospel to as many as would hear it. It is the preaching of the Gospel that brings people to Christ, Acts 2:41.

Just like today, there was opposition to the Gospel and justification by faith. The Corinthians were a troublesome bunch. They wanted to split the church into various groups, 1 Corinthians 1:13-17. At one time Paul threatened to beat them with a rod, 1 Corinthians 4:21.

The Galatians were not much better. Paul had grounded them in the Gospel, but when he retuned they had a different Gospel, Galatians 1:6-10. The letter to the Ephesians is full of the Gospel, it is a wonderful book as is the book of Philippians. There was a problem with the church in Colossae due to heresy, Colossians 2:4-8 also 2:18. Once again Paul had to bring them back to the Gospel and justification by faith. There were apparently some problems with sexual purity in the church at Thessalonica, Thessalonians 4:1-12, that hindered Paul and the Gospel. False teachers were the problem in the book to Titus, Titus 1:10-16.

Paul was continually in defense of the Gospel. Paul would ground a church in the Gospel only to return some months later to find out that the Judaizers had moved in and had perverted the Gospel with the law. What do you stand in defense of?

You reject the Gospel and preach a salvation by works, by what a person does. You dont believe the death of Christ saved those He died for. You teach that ungodly sinners Christ shed His Blood for still wind up in hell, the second death !

Cruciform

If you read the epistles that Paul wrote and you come up with some doctrine like Calvinism, Catholicism or whatever it is because you have distorted what Paul has written.
If you read the epistles that Paul wrote and you come up with some doctrine like Pate-ism or whatever it is because you have distorted what Paul has written.

Robert Pate

Banned
Only God's Chosen in Union with Christ before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9 for Him to die for, shall call on / cry to Him day and night as evidence that they are His Elect Children.

Luke 18:7
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Rom. 8:15-16
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Psalm 84:2
My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

~~~~~

No one will be saved that does not hear and believe the Gospel, Romans 1:16.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you read the epistles that Paul wrote and you come up with some doctrine like Pate-ism or whatever it is because you have distorted what Paul has written.

The Bible does not support Catholicism.

What it does support is the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ and justification by faith.

Nanja

No one will be saved that does not hear and believe the Gospel, Romans 1:16.

The Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4, given of the Father for Him to die for, He shall not lose one, for the Pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His Hand Is 53:10!

John 6:37-40
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
The Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4, given of the Father for Him to die for, He shall not lose one, for the Pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His Hand Is 53:10!

John 6:37-40
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

~~~~~

The Bible does not teach that you can be saved any other way than by hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul makes it clear that "The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation for everyone that believes" Romans 1:16.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 heard and believed the Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4.

You to can be saved if you hear and believe how God justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.