ECT I'm just curious, are the majority of posters here...

Sancocho

I disagree, no where did Jesus or the Apostles describe a distinct hierarchy. What he did describe were people with gifts from the Holy Spirit that were affirmed by the congregation for leadership.. and that leadership could be taken away by the congregation. Even when Paul appointed Elders and sent them to a particular church, but he sent along a letter with them asking the church to examine the new elders for fitness prior to following them.

The early church had a Presbyterian form of government, where a church is run by elders with different gifts (no priests or pastors).. it was up to them and the congregation to affirm those gifts and follow their lead.

As far as Peter, he was the first to confess that Jesus was the Christ and that confession is what the ekklesia is built on. One cannot be a christian without that confession...

Anyhow, Romes hierarchy is very similar to the hierarchy of Mithraism... its customs like sacraments, priests, etc.. are all identical also, with only the names being changed.

So basically, you are a follower of rebranded Mithraism... that is all.

I see your theology is based on throw a lot of things at the wall with the hopes that something will stick.

HisServant

I see your theology is based on throw a lot of things at the wall with the hopes that something will stick.

No, its based on life long research.

'Presbyters' is the word that English translations render as 'elder' FYI. Do some research into the meaning of that Greek word and it becomes clear.

The word sacrament is not used on scriptures... so where did it come from? It came from Mithra-ism... so did transubstantiation... so did the priesthood and nuns (temple virgins)... and I could go on.

It all sticks tightly, you are just so brainwashed you are in cognitive dissonance.

Do you want more facts?

The seven churches of Revelation are distinct in various ways. There were a number of churches in the first century apostles sent letters to. The unity is in Jesus Christ, the church His bride, all believers born of the Holy Spirit. That people found a need to separate from error or preserve some aspect of the faith being diminished is no surprise, the Bible teaching of tares among the wheat the devil has sown, which bring discord and divisions. They are on message boards, also. True believers would not wish to congregate with tares here, for example, but would separate out. Denominations are often the result of tare perversions, false prophets people separate from. Also perverts like to congregate in their cults. You can't therefore say denominations are all good or bad, rather deal with certain realities. The questions is Bible truth or not in your church, which we must all evaluate, but flawed churches are better than no churches. This is obvious, unless you're some fool advocating for a Godless culture. Think two seconds, and it will occur to you people are flawed, and people make up churches. Yet you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.