ECT I'm just curious, are the majority of posters here...

Sancocho

to promote the disintegration of any and all denominations because of the logical extension of the concept of "Body of Christ" being figurative instead of literal (ignoring the actual verses btw)?

OCTOBER23

NO, WE ARE HERE TO FIND THE PLAIN TRUTH

AND THE CATHOLICS DON'T HAVE ANY OF IT .

Because they are IDOLOTORS who continually disobey JESUS Words

who said , do not call any man Father or Rabbi upon the Earth

and because they Worship Mary First over JESUS.

The Catholic Church is Anti JESUS Christ and God.
====================================

Sancocho

NO, WE ARE HERE TO FIND THE PLAIN TRUTH

AND THE CATHOLICS DON'T HAVE ANY OF IT .

Because they are IDOLOTORS who continually disobey JESUS Words

who said , do not call any man Father or Rabbi upon the Earth

and because they Worship Mary First over JESUS.

The Catholic Church is Anti JESUS Christ and God.
====================================

Thanks for your response. What might be your denomination then?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Thanks for your response. What might be your denomination then?

I don't have denomination. I don't belong to any organization. Jesus says where there are two or three gather in Him name I will be there.

Jesus expects His followers to be perfect. I gave all major denominations benefit of the doubt and joined and served them faithfully but concluded that they are not interested in being true to Jesus. so I decided any group or organizations are not for my family.

We cannot aim to be perfect if the church is not interested in being faithful to Jesus and His teachings. In my experience, it is all about membership. They all have some kind of gimmicky doctrines or practice.

blessings.

Sancocho

I don't have denomination. I don't belong to any organization. Jesus says where there are two or three gather in Him name I will be there.

Jesus expects His followers to be perfect. I gave all major denominations benefit of the doubt and joined and served them faithfully but concluded that they are not interested in being true to Jesus. so I decided any group or organizations are not for my family.

We cannot aim to be perfect if the church is not interested in being faithful to Jesus and His teachings. In my experience, it is all about membership. They all have some kind of gimmicky doctrines or practice.

blessings.

I understand this perception. Nonetheless, when this concept is embraced and manifests into trying to undermine any Christian denomination IN PRINCIPAL it directly does the work of the Devil per Jesus Christ's own words.

I'm all for criticizing wrong in whatever the church, criticizing what Jesus plan for us is different and dangerous when we understand the implications. This is perfectly evident in the US as the worst Christian "nation" history has ever seen.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I understand this perception. Nonetheless, when this concept is embraced and manifests into trying to undermine any Christian denomination IN PRINCIPAL it directly does the work of the Devil per Jesus Christ's own words.

Please elaborate.

thanks.

Sancocho

Please elaborate.

thanks.

Jesus states:

"I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it."

Therefore, anyone who would pretend to undermine Jesus Christ church is doing Satan's work.

Furthermore, Revelation speaks of 7 churches so this is other evidence of God's will for there to be denominations.

Finally, while I know in the last 200 years it has become popular to reject any and all denominations this is illogical because the bible is a product of denominations. Not only is this not logical FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND THE IMPLICATIONS it is so unreasonable that this implicates a clear resistance to the will of God in our lives.

My advice is quit focusing on persons and instead on Jesus Christ and it will make it easier to be part of a denomination. That way, when a pastor or member or even priest acts in an unchristian way or promoted questionable doctrine or opinions one can just reminded oneself IT'S ALL ABOUT JESUS CHRIST as He is the one who enables us to love and tolerate others, even when they are wrong. Carry the cross of the difficulty of living with flawed people as a sign of a good disciple. Peace.

Sancocho

If you do, you will strive to be faithful to His word or teachings.

It is that simple concept.

It is simple in fact. Jesus Christ is Lord. We must love our fellow man in His name.

I lament that so many American Christians spend so much time on doctrinal issues with the purpose of separating the Body of Christ that the country has been overrun by the godless who kill and corrupt our children! Where is the community that St. Paul DEMANDED OF US????

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is simple in fact. Jesus Christ is Lord. We must love our fellow man in His name.

I lament that so many American Christians spend so much time on doctrinal issues with the purpose of separating the Body of Christ that the country has been overrun by the godless who kill and corrupt our children! Where is the community that St. Paul DEMANDED OF US????

There you go, you demand to follow Paul.

You are dismissing Jesus' word of "His followers are not of the world".

Your denomination is too political, which is so worldly.

Sancocho

There you go, you demand to follow Paul.

You are dismissing Jesus' word of "His followers are not of the world".

Your denomination is too political, which is so worldly.

Jesus said:

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Do you love your fellow brother in Christ in spite of his flaws and imperfect beliefs?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said:

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Do you love your fellow brother in Christ in spite of his flaws and imperfect beliefs?

I love Jesus and strive to be true to His teachings. He teaches us how to love one another. Just because I am not a political does not mean I have no love for others.

Your practice is just difference of political opinion, not based by His word.

bybee

to promote the disintegration of any and all denominations because of the logical extension of the concept of "Body of Christ" being figurative instead of literal (ignoring the actual verses btw)?

Not at all. I worship within the Anglican Tradition and respect other traditions.
I worship in church for community and the ability to engage in cohesive outreach.
I am joy filled by the beauty of our liturgy and the wondrous thoughts and harmonies portrayed in our hymns.
Also, on occasion we get a homily that is actually thought provoking!
Our Adult Forums are learning opportunities as well as fellowship opportunities.
My husband used to say "The Church is the only country club I care to belong to!" He was very involved and very generous in outreach.
Whenever I see multiple tails wagging one dog I get suspicious of the outcome.

HisServant

Denominations are a negative concept... they are designed to attract people of like beliefs and stifle the leading of the Holy Spirit... in the end, religious conduct becomes more important than belief. I've seen it in every denomination and within the Roman sect.

Later on you post the verse about Peter being the rock (in some attempt to legitimize the RCC) yet Peter had nothing to do with Rome and honestly never even visited Rome... it would have been impossible for him to do so given the record of his travels in the New Testament.

Sancocho

Not at all. I worship within the Anglican Tradition and respect other traditions.
I worship in church for community and the ability to engage in cohesive outreach.
I am joy filled by the beauty of our liturgy and the wondrous thoughts and harmonies portrayed in our hymns.
Also, on occasion we get a homily that is actually thought provoking!
Our Adult Forums are learning opportunities as well as fellowship opportunities.
My husband used to say "The Church is the only country club I care to belong to!" He was very involved and very generous in outreach.
Whenever I see multiple tails wagging one dog I get suspicious of the outcome.

Thank you and God bless!

Sancocho

Denominations are a negative concept... they are designed to attract people of like beliefs and stifle the leading of the Holy Spirit... in the end, religious conduct becomes more important than belief. I've seen it in every denomination and within the Roman sect.

Later on you post the verse about Peter being the rock (in some attempt to legitimize the RCC) yet Peter had nothing to do with Rome and honestly never even visited Rome... it would have been impossible for him to do so given the record of his travels in the New Testament.

A church with a hierarchy is Jesus concept.

Revelation speaks of 7 denominations.

Using the "logic" that the RCC is not valid because Peter never went to Rome also undermines your legitimacy as a Christian because Peter never went wherever you are either.

HisServant

A church with a hierarchy is Jesus concept.

Revelation speaks of 7 denominations.

Using the "logic" that the RCC is not valid because Peter never went to Rome also undermines your legitimacy as a Christian because Peter never went wherever you are either.

I disagree, no where did Jesus or the Apostles describe a distinct hierarchy. What he did describe were people with gifts from the Holy Spirit that were affirmed by the congregation for leadership.. and that leadership could be taken away by the congregation. Even when Paul appointed Elders and sent them to a particular church, but he sent along a letter with them asking the church to examine the new elders for fitness prior to following them.

The early church had a Presbyterian form of government, where a church is run by elders with different gifts (no priests or pastors).. it was up to them and the congregation to affirm those gifts and follow their lead.

As far as Peter, he was the first to confess that Jesus was the Christ and that confession is what the ekklesia is built on. One cannot be a christian without that confession...

Anyhow, Romes hierarchy is very similar to the hierarchy of Mithraism... its customs like sacraments, priests, etc.. are all identical also, with only the names being changed.

So basically, you are a follower of rebranded Mithraism... that is all.