I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

I don't mind a forum bias, I don't mind heated debate. But when trolls and members are protected from following the rules that the rest of us are subject to, it isn't fun anymore. It becomes personal and uncritical. People of a liberal background are punished/banned for simply stating their views while members such as doser, stripe, and aCW are welcomed (and encouraged) to take personal cheap shots at other members. I will simply take my ball (and money) and go home.

To those of you that I enjoyed talking with, Arthur Brain, A4T, ByByee, Town Heretic; it was fun. I am happy to know you.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Jose Fly

I can understand not subscribing (I can't even imagine why a non-fundamentalist Christian would give ToL money in the first place), but as far as leaving, it helps not to take it all too seriously.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I don't mind a forum bias, I don't mind heated debate. But when trolls and members are protected from following the rules that the rest of us are subject to, it isn't fun anymore. It becomes personal and uncritical. People of a liberal background are punished/banned for simply stating their views while members such as doser, stripe, and aCW are welcomed (and encouraged) to take personal cheap shots at other members. I will simply take my ball (and money) and go home.

To those of you that I enjoyed talking with, Arthur Brain, A4T, ByByee, Town Heretic; it was fun. I am happy to know you.

Cheers.

C-ya Q...sorry you didn't go the distance. :wave2:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
People of a liberal background are punished/banned for simply stating their views...

And I'm sure you did so in an extremely polite way which in no way involved insulting either the people who held the opposite views, or else, the view itself. Am I right? I'm sure that these "views" are stated in an extremely diplomatic fashion, and were absolutely nothing like the (outright insulting and condescending) liberal memes which are oh so popular on Facebook and social media sites.

Just like, say, in the fashion that Arthur Brain and Gra...

Never mind. :idunno:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Cheers.

GIMME ALL THOSE REPS BACK !!!!!!

kidding, but i understand. there are ways to make points without getting banned, but it requires more thought and caution than some protected ones. i have voiced bias for some, but we know this once we're here a bit. i pray that you stay, you make great posts and make me smile and chuckle. you'll miss us and you're still subscribed so . . .

Jose Fly

This more than illustrates my point.

But keep in mind, that sort of thing regularly coming from Christians on an internet forum presents to all who visit here an impression of Christians and Christianity.

So if they want to engage in that sort of behavior and rhetoric, that's fine by me. :up:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And I'm sure you did so in an extremely polite way which in no way involved insulting either the people who held the opposite views, or else, the view itself. Am I right? I'm sure that these "views" are stated in an extremely diplomatic fashion, and were absolutely nothing like the (outright insulting and condescending) liberal memes which are oh so popular on Facebook and social media sites.

Just like, say, in the fashion that Arthur Brain and Gra...

Never mind. :idunno:

:darwinsm:

you owe me a new keyboard

RevTestament

Cheers.
Sorry to see you go. You are a respectful debater. For that reason I do not believe you have been treated unfairly by the mods - although you may have received some disdain by some posters.
If you are going to post on a public forum, however, you can expect some of that - I know firsthand.
There have been people here who take a rather free hand in their "truth smacking." While that troubles me, the administrators also take a rather liberal stance with regard to allowing debate in broader topics than many other "religious" sites, which I like, and I feel is helpful in pursuing truth, and for that reason hope you will reconsider permanently leaving. While I don't always agree with you, I believe you provide a valuable counterpoint for the development of Christianity.
Cheers and peace :)

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

Cheers.

Oh don't be such a wimp. Learn the art of making a simple reply that inflicts the insult without stating one.

Buzzword

Cheers.

Just take some time off and go play somewhere else on the Internet.

I take regular lurk-breaks because these forums regularly overflow with drivel which I feel no need to paddle against.
Of course, I also make use of the Ignore feature, so in some cases whole threads are one big glorious blank.

Hope to see you back when the weather clears.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
they protected you from me you pathetic little whiner

Pot-calling-kettle-black_zps60b669e1.jpg~original

Status
Not open for further replies.