ECT If you want out of the deceptions of MAD read the rebuttal of Bullinger by Ironside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That scripture does not prove your point and neither does your name calling.

Yes it does, plus I have more scripture to prove you wrong:

(Isaiah 34:4) All the stars in the sky will be dissolved
and the heavens rolled up like a scroll;
all the starry host will fall
like withered leaves from the vine,
like shriveled figs from the fig tree.

The above was a prophecy against Edom. The prophecy was fulfilled when the Nabataeans destroyed Edom, especially its capital city Petra.

Did the heavens literally roll up like a scroll back then?

No.

Now, let's look at a prophecy against Jerusalem that was fulfilled in 70AD:

(Rev 6:14) The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Did the heavens roll up like a scroll in 70AD.

No.

Both prophecies were fulfilled, but neither time did the heavens literally roll up like a scroll.

john w

Hall of Fame
The old heavens and old earth was the law and the Old Covenant.

The new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant.

Plagiarized, from one of his many Preterist/AD 70-ism "fallable" "men" teachers:

https://www.preteristarchive.com/1996_chilton_looking-heavens/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FEG1822C-M

"We are living under the New Covenant so we enjoying the New Heavens and New Earth of the New Creation as New Creatures created and renewed in the knowledge and image of Jesus Christ and our dwelling place is within the New Jerusalem as the New People living the New way of Life. This is the New Age."

http://audio.elparazim.com/BasicsOf...9/Looking for New Heavens and a New Earth.pdf

"J. Stuart Russell wrote with biting disdain:
Few passages have suffered more from misconstruction than this, which has been
made to speak a language inconsistent with its obvious intention, and even
incompatible with a strict regard to veracity.
There is probably an allusion here to the words of the Psalmist, in which he ........................."

http://www.freedominchrist.net/BIBL...ation/Chapter 3--New Heaven and New Earth.htm

"In the destruction of this Old Covenant heaven and earth, God gave a New Covenant, which represents the new heaven and earth that is also called, by John, ......"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speaking of Petra.

Petra was not only the capital city of Edom, it was also where they filmed the last seen of "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

View attachment 25767

View attachment 25768

Today Petra lies in ruins, no one lives there.

The reason no one lives there is because the Edomites helped Babylon destroy Jerusalem.

(Jer 49:18) As Sodom and Gomorrah were overthrown,
along with their neighboring towns,”
says the Lord,
“so no one will live there;
no people will dwell in it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"We are living under the New Covenant so we enjoying the New Heavens and New Earth of the New Creation as New Creatures created and renewed in the knowledge and image of Jesus Christ and our dwelling place is within the New Jerusalem as the New People living the New way of Life. This is the New Age."

That teaching is correct, and that teaching can be traced back to every century since the first century. (2 Tim 2:2)

Unlike Dispensationalism, which wasn't invented until 1830 by Darby.

john w

Hall of Fame
The old heaven and the old earth passed away for good in 70AD.

Paul knew he was living in the end of the ages.

So did the writer of Hebrews:

(Heb 9:26) Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.

As did Peter:

(2 Peter 3:3) Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts,

As did John:

(1 John 2:18) Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

Plagiarized, copy'npasted, from this...

http://www.tentmaker.org/books/heavenandearth.htm

...and this....

https://www.preteristarchive.com/Hyper/0000_geiser_heaven-earth_01.html

...and this...

https://americanvision.org/3603/wha...way-of-heaven-and-earth-a-study-of-2-peter-3/

....and others.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults".

Joseph Smith invented Mormonism, Charles Taze Russell invented the Jehovah's Witnesses, Ellen White invented the Seventh Day Adventists, and John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

Smith, Russell, White, and Darby all invented their false doctrines in the same era.

Rotfl.... I just caught this...

Joseph Smith ---- Replacement Theology

Charles Taze ---- Replacement Theology

Ellen White ---- Replacement Theology

Tetty Pie ---- Replacement Theology

Darby ----------- Not Replacement Theology ...

Jesus ----------- Joel 3:2 I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Which means Darby was the dumbest of them all.

The New Covenant has REPLACED the Old Covenant.

Interplanner

Dumber still: that no D'ist that I know of has truly understood the original replacement problem. That's addressed in Gal 3:17 and says that someone voided and replaced the Promise with the Law.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Dispensationalism was invented during "the age of the cults".

Joseph Smith invented Mormonism, Charles Taze Russell invented the Jehovah's Witnesses, Ellen White invented the Seventh Day Adventists, and John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

Smith, Russell, White, and Darby all invented their false doctrines in the same era.

Tetty Pie ---- Replacement Theology

Jesus ----------- Joel 3:2 I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,

Tetty Pie proudly sides with the "cults" he tried to cite against "Dispensationalism".

john w

Hall of Fame
That teaching is correct, and that teaching can be traced back to every century since the first century. (2 Tim 2:2)

Unlike Dispensationalism, which wasn't invented until 1830 by Darby.

You plagiarized it, which is against TOL rules, and you were taught it, by following fallable men, Damian, so it is false, by your argument, punk.

Preterism/AD 70-ism was invented in the mid 1800's, and by your kin folk, the Jesuits, and there is no trace of it, until then, despite your devilish assertions to the contrary, plagiarizer.

john w

Hall of Fame

The punk will not answer the question, and, is on record, again, as asserting that Christianity is false, as it, in comparison to other "religions"(generically used here), is relatively recent.

Answer the question, little arms/no chin, obsessed weasel:

Are you asserting that how old a "belief system" is, does affect whether it is true?

Yes, or no, evader. Answer the question, Russell follower..

Not a peep, from the unemployed infidel.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Dumber still: that no D'ist that I know of has truly understood the original replacement problem. That's addressed in Gal 3:17 and says that someone voided and replaced the Promise with the Law.

"D'ist" :idunno: is that like a "Dio'ist" ?
Spoiler
Can I call you guys R'ists? As in "Retardists"?

Status
Not open for further replies.