I will not vote for trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He looks like the boss who has just sacked you to make savings or the investment broker who has just nullified your pension, or the doctor who sadly informs you that your lifesaving op is too expensive,ect ect all the things that conservatives do.

Who would you vote for, if you had the chance? I know you said Bernie if it weren't for his stance on abortion, so do you have a second choice?

rexlunae

Come on, rex, he looks better than that. For starters, it says at your link that he believes climate change is real. In the GOP, that's pretty radical. :)

That's certainly true. But he also doesn't want to do anything about it. :idunno:

If Trump and Sanders are each in their own ways unpoliticians, I think Kasich is running as an unconservative. He's a conservative, but he's pretending not to be for the cameras. And mostly, he appeals to people (albeit rarely) by not appearing to be a raving lunatic.

And he got kicked out of a Grateful Dead concert for trying to get on stage? I didn't know that... he's looking better and better. :chuckle:

:)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Really? I think he has a nice face.

220px-Governor_John_Kasich.jpg

He looks kind of like a news anchor to me. I don't know... I don't see mob boss in that face, but I'm not an expert on mob bosses, either.

Trump has a nicer face

View attachment 23927

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's certainly true. But he also doesn't want to do anything about it. :idunno:

Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good. :)

If Trump and Sanders are each in their own ways unpoliticians, I think Kasich is running as an unconservative. He's a conservative, but he's pretending not to be for the cameras. And mostly, he appeals to people (albeit rarely) by not appearing to be a raving lunatic.

You mean he's a moderate? :eek:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Some of the things I would expect from a Trump presidency

Mending fences with Russia
A more determined push to destroy Isis
tighter border control
a move to end trade zones
a more pro Jewish stance
universal healthcare
a renegotiation of existing international trade deals
a block on American firms from re-locating overseas

rexlunae

Mending fences with Russia

...on the basis of our mutual interest in annexing parts of smaller nations on our borders?

A more determined push to destroy Isis

Does more determined mean more successful? And does it involve another US intervention in the Middle East?

tighter border control

Are you going to pay for it?

a move to end trade zones

Like NAFTA?

a more pro Jewish stance

Is that a good thing?

universal healthcare

Why do you think he would do that? I've never heard him say anything that even suggest he wants it.

a renegotiation of existing international trade deals

Including the ones his businesses have used?

a block on American firms from re-locating overseas

Like, a wall around the country? What sort of block? How would it work? And would it do any more than the policy announced yesterday by the Obama treasury department to prevent tax-dodging inversions?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You don't see what's wrong with using people to get what you want?

I don't know about you, but I don't like being used.

Cruz will even use his own family. Did you see him insist his mom talk about something deeply personal that she clearly didn't want to talk about?

Would you do that to your mom?

Cruz is out for himself.

Ugh, watching that video is awful. But I doubt he's the only one that uses his family for campaigning.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As an example, he hasn't taken the typical right-wing approach of vilifying and lying about the Common Core, but he has said we should cut education budgets, and actually done it in Ohio. So I give him points for not being the sort of demagogue that seems to be in vogue right now, but on actual policy, he's no better than anyone else.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/john-kasich-believe-candidate-stands-10-issues/
Thanks for the link. Some I like. Some I don't.

And mostly, he appeals to people (albeit rarely) by not appearing to be a raving lunatic.
I think you underestimate how important that is. :eek:
On actual policy I don't know how far off Kasich is from Cruz and Trump but I think he's significantly better in his demeanor and to me that matters.