I will not vote for trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
-he will use evagelicals?
-what is wrong with that?

You don't see what's wrong with using people to get what you want?

I don't know about you, but I don't like being used.

Cruz will even use his own family. Did you see him insist his mom talk about something deeply personal that she clearly didn't want to talk about?

Would you do that to your mom?

-trump is out for himself
-and
-I don't think cruz is

Cruz is out for himself.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I am not an idiot

he's a billionaire

she's the increasingly unpopular wife of a former charismatic president, who couldn't get elected on her own if it was handed to her

think about it - would trump really want the pressures, demands and responsibilities of the presidency for four full years?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
In a lot of ways, he's a very disturbing figure. He seems to struggle to get his closest family to pretend to like him.

Did you see the way his mom looked at him when he said she prays every day for him, "for hours?" :chuckle:

Still shaking my head at her not wanting to share something deeply personal and Ted saying from off-camera:

"Well I want to tell it, and you're the best person to tell it," and follows it with "now look at me."

I can just see him taking us into another war: Well, I want to invade this country, and you're the best person to get killed doing it...

rexlunae

Did you see the way his mom looked at him when he said she prays every day for him, "for hours?" :chuckle:

Still shaking my head at her not wanting to share something deeply personal and Ted saying from off-camera:

"Well I want to tell it, and you're the best person to tell it," and follows it with "now look at me."

I can just see him taking us into another war: Well, I want to invade this country, and you're the best person to get killed doing it...

I thought Romney was an especially bad candidate, but I'd take him over the entire Republican field this year.

rexlunae

Even Kasich?

I don't know. He gives me the creeps in a way that Romney never did. I feel like his strategy is a facade of gentility, with a lot of really horrible policies and attitudes waiting. He's certainly the least objectionable of the current crop that still acknowledge that they're running, but he's also only won one state in the primaries. It's a bit of a stretch to say that he's still in the race, even if he says it.

I think the GOP is going to have to ignore the primaries and nominate someone who isn't running. Which is pretty dubious.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't know. He gives me the creeps in a way that Romney never did. I feel like his strategy is a facade of gentility, with a lot of really horrible policies and attitudes waiting. He's certainly the least objectionable of the current crop that still acknowledge that they're running, but he's also only won one state in the primaries. It's a bit of a stretch to say that he's still in the race, even if he says it.

I think the GOP is going to have to ignore the primaries and nominate someone who isn't running. Which is pretty dubious.

The GOP has their man -

View attachment 23925

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I don't know. He gives me the creeps in a way that Romney never did.

Really? I like what he said, the times I heard him.

I feel like his strategy is a facade of gentility, with a lot of really horrible policies and attitudes waiting. He's certainly the least objectionable of the current crop that still acknowledge that they're running, but he's also only won one state in the primaries. It's a bit of a stretch to say that he's still in the race, even if he says it.

No, I know he's not in the running, but if I were a Republican I'd write him in regardless as being the best of the bunch.

As for nominating someone who isn't running, I've heard Paul Ryan's name mentioned in that regard. No improvement.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
To me he looks like a 21st century mob boss.

:eek:

Really? I think he has a nice face.

220px-Governor_John_Kasich.jpg

He looks kind of like a news anchor to me. I don't know... I don't see mob boss in that face, but I'm not an expert on mob bosses, either.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

They may well do....it will be political suicide for the Republican party

rexlunae

Really? I like what he said, the times I heard him.

No, I know he's not in the running, but if I were a Republican I'd write him in regardless as being the best of the bunch.

As for nominating someone who isn't running, I've heard Paul Ryan's name mentioned in that regard. No improvement.

As an example, he hasn't taken the typical right-wing approach of vilifying and lying about the Common Core, but he has said we should cut education budgets, and actually done it in Ohio. So I give him points for not being the sort of demagogue that seems to be in vogue right now, but on actual policy, he's no better than anyone else.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/john-kasich-believe-candidate-stands-10-issues/

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Really? I think he has a nice face.

220px-Governor_John_Kasich.jpg

He looks kind of like a news anchor to me. I don't know... I don't see mob boss in that face, but I'm not an expert on mob bosses, either.

He looks like the boss who has just sacked you to make savings or the investment broker who has just nullified your pension, or the doctor who sadly informs you that your lifesaving op is too expensive,ect ect all the things that conservatives do.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As an example, he hasn't taken the typical right-wing approach of vilifying and lying about the Common Core, but he has said we should cut education budgets. So I give him points for not being the sort of demagogue that seems to be in vogue right now, but on actual policy, he's no better than anyone else.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/john-kasich-believe-candidate-stands-10-issues/

Come on, rex, he looks better than that. For starters, it says at your link that he believes climate change is real. In the GOP, that's pretty radical. :)

And he got kicked out of a Grateful Dead concert for trying to get on stage? I didn't know that... he's looking better and better. :chuckle: