I will not vote for trump

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Donald Trump is staunchly PRO LIFE

:think: For how long?

Here's what he said about abortion in just one day:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/30/politics/donald-trump-abortion-positions/index.html

'Some form of punishment'

The GOP presidential front-runner's mad scramble began a little after he told MSNBC's Chris Matthews that abortion, if outlawed, should carry "some form of punishment."
When Matthews asked if that penalty should apply specifically to the woman, Trump replied: "Yes."
But he didn't elaborate on its nature except to say that men should not be held responsible.
READ: Trump struggles to clarify abortion remarks
The backlash was fast, angry and bipartisan.
Dawn Laguens from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund called Trump "flat-out dangerous," while Bernie Sanders ("Shameful") and Hillary Clinton ("Horrific and telling") tweeted their condemnations.
On the GOP side, John Kasich and Ted Cruz, who both favor strict anti-abortion laws, criticized Trump from the right, with the Texas senator accusing him of having damaged the cause, saying the billionaire "demonstrated that he hasn't seriously thought through the issues."

'This issue is unclear'

Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks sent in a statement from Trump to reporters: "This issue is unclear and should be put back into the states for determination. Like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions, which I have outlined numerous times."
Criticism, though, continued to come.

'The woman is a victim'

By a little before 5 p.m., Trump released another explanation -- marking an almost complete about-face.
"If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman," Trump said in a statement.
"The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb," Trump said. "My position has not changed -- like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions."

The truth of the matter is that anyone who is staunchly anti-abortion is able to give an immediate, concise answer as soon as they are asked their position. Donald is making it up as he goes along.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
you are the best argument for the church
-you are what happens
-when we are left to our own resources

And you are the best argument against the RCC....We all stand, we all sit, we all kneel, if anyone farts we all fart together....we abdicate all conscience and decision making to a clergy class.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I totally have the right to terminate a pregnancy which I neither sanctioned or agreed to.

The person who perpetrated the violation is to blame

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You folks ought to consider whether a pregnancy is God's will to begin with or whether it is a violation of God's will....rape is a violation of God's will so the pregnancy is a violation of His will also.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You folks ought to consider whether a pregnancy is God's will to begin with or whether it is a violation of God's will....rape is a violation of God's will so the pregnancy is a violation of His will also.

This is a complete non-sequitur. Rape is a violation of God's antecedent will insofar as rape constitutes a grave offense against justice and temperance.

From this it does not follow that the resultant pregnancy is contrary to the will of God. In fact, I could argue that the resultant pregnancy is directly due to God's will, insofar as the creation and infusion of the intellectual human soul requires a direct, creative act on the part of God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Of COURSE it does...don't be silly. If the rape was against God's will then so is the resultant pregnancy.

And you are wrong about God creating, the process is PRO creation as to the physical manchild...the soul is God's implanting and creation and we none of us understand how or when that work begins or ends.

And of all the creatures God created man is born DEAD he must be made to breathe in order to live.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Of COURSE it does...don't be silly.

I agree. Of course he/she would, in those circumstances, share your genetic material and be conceived and grow in your uterus.

That's generally the relationship that obtains between a newly conceived unborn child and his or her mother. ;)

If the rape was against God's will then so is the resultant pregnancy

None of this follows. It's a well known metaphysical/theological dictum that God brings forth good even out of evil.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I can see how he was set up by the interviewer, obviously the law has to be upheld....he was kind of tricked into that, he recovered well shifting the onus upon the doctors.

It also shows that Trump is not impervious to public opinion

Set up in what way?