lifeguard at the cement pond
anyone like you who doesn't vote like a man
-
your people elected and reelected obama -
your people are promoting same sex marriage -
your people are killing babies -
your people are supposed to take care of the babies

the choice is simple

President hillary will fill the supreme court with her candidates, with the eager support of the democrats in congress, and the ineffective opposition of the republicans

President trump will fill the supreme court with his candidates, with the ineffective opposition of the democrats and the cautious support (and guidance) of the republicans

DavidK

the choice is simple

President hillary will fill the supreme court with her candidates, with the eager support of the democrats in congress, and the ineffective opposition of the republicans

President trump will fill the supreme court with his candidates, with the ineffective opposition of the democrats and the cautious support (and guidance) of the republicans

The choice is obviously not simple, or so many intelligent, compassionate people wouldn't be discussing it at such length. How far are you willing to go for a chance (not certainty) that the vacancy in the supreme court will be filled with a judge you like?

The question is not just "Who is more likely to appoint a judge of whom you approve?" The question is also, "What ends justify what means?"

DavidK

trump, with the guidance of the congressional republicans

You seriously think Trump is going to follow their lead after gaining office?

in this case, electing a flawed candidate to avoid the election of a much more seriously flawed candidate

How bad would the two candidates have to be before you gave up on the lesser of two evils? Is there any threshold at all?

ok doser

You seriously think Trump is going to follow their lead after gaining office?

he won't have a choice - any policies he wants to push will have to have republican congressional support

and that include SC appointmets

DK said:
How bad would the two candidates have to be before you gave up on the lesser of two evils? Is there any threshold at all?

i could see a circumstance where Trump would be the greater of the two evils and then I would have to support Hillary

but it would have to be much much more convincing than the typical mudslinging the liberals have been engaging in

i'm just hoping that in the last week before the election, social media explodes with a realization of what hillary really is, what she will mean to the future of this country

ok doser

I'm sensing that even if Hillary Clinton were a saint, you'd find it fitting to vote against her.

:chuckle:

no, that was said tongue in cheek

i'd support a female presidential candidate, with the right values

i supported Palin in 2008

i've always thought that Condi should have made a run for the WH

DavidK

he won't have a choice - any policies he wants to push will have to have republican congressional support

and that include SC appointmets

And if those Republican Congresspeople are intimidated by Trump's core supporters? From the election, it seems that every time they decided to "guide" him, it lasts a very short while before they give in to his popularity and he has free reign again.

i could see a circumstance where Trump would be the greater of the two evils and then I would have to support Hillary

but it would have to be much much more convincing than the typical mudslinging the liberals have been engaging in

i'm just hoping that in the last week before the election, social media explodes with a realization of what hillary really is, what she will mean to the future of this country

That's refreshing to hear. From a lot of Trump supporters it seems like they can't imagine anything worse than Hillary.

DavidK

:chuckle:

no, that was said tongue in cheek

i'd support a female presidential candidate, with the right values

i supported Palin in 2008

i've always thought that Condi should have made a run for the WH

Thank for the clarification. With how bizarre some TOL participants views can be, it's sometimes difficult to tell if someone is being ironic.

ok doser

And if those Republican Congresspeople are intimidated by Trump's core supporters? From the election, it seems that every time they decided to "guide" him, it lasts a very short while before they give in to his popularity and he has free reign again.

i've been troubled by that as well, but have hoped it was just due to election pressures