I think I made a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cattyfan

I was offered disappointing baked goods the other day...some especially dry and flavorless Ethel Biscuits. They were bland and unappetizing, so I declined.

However, when I left the bakery, I forgot to post a silly and unnecessary note of goodbye.

Mr. 5020

I had the worst Ruben ever at a place called the Charlie Brown Steakhouse in North Eastern Pennsylvania recently.
The corned beef wasen't quite corned and it was grisally and the sour kraut was stringy, like it had hairs in it.
Now I can't eat another Ruben until I get to a reliable sandwich maker cause if I get burned twice in a row it could put me off Rubens for a decade or more.
Hmm... now that I think about it, I've never even had a Reuben before. :think:

Well, the good news is that my first one wasn't from that place!

PyramidHead

yo sup i'm a newbie, but i already know exactly how christians should act, and guess what, y'all losers ain't doin the job right! so for my first and last post, let me show my disdain for you. i'm sure my scolding commentary will make you recognize your folly. peace out, i'm off to being better than all of you.

C

cattyfan

yo sup i'm a newbie, but i already know exactly how christians should act, and guess what, y'all losers ain't doin the job right! so for my first and last post, let me show my disdain for you. i'm sure my scolding commentary will make you recognize your folly. peace out, i'm off to being better than all of you.

NIce interpretation. I give it a 9.5 :D

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
I was offered disappointing baked goods the other day...some especially dry and flavorless Ethel Biscuits. They were bland and unappetizing, so I declined.

However, when I left the bakery, I forgot to post a silly and unnecessary note of goodbye.

:french: :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I had cooky make me some fine burritos tonight!

Too bad that goof used the word biscuit, what a waste of a good word

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Wild Card thread!
Let's talk about bad casual dining experiences.

True story: I bit into a deli sandwich and there was a cockroach in it. :jawdrop:

It was still alive and wiggling. (and still in one piece, I'm happy to say.)

I am still amazed at my remarkable self control. :dead:

Redfin

I had the worst Ruben ever at a place called the Charlie Brown Steakhouse in North Eastern Pennsylvania recently.
The corned beef wasen't quite corned and it was grisally and the sour kraut was stringy, like it had hairs in it.
Now I can't eat another Ruben until I get to a reliable sandwich maker cause if I get burned twice in a row it could put me off Rubens for a decade or more.

The Reuben is the ultimate test of any deli.

By the way, was introduced to an excellent restaurant called Chedd's™ in the Denver area earlier this month. Gourmet grilled-cheese sandwiches! A little slice of melted heaven! :thumb:

Last edited:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, guys. I'm about to click on the "Post Quick Reply" button. Thought I'd let you know.

elohiym

I had some Mexican food a couple of weeks back that, while delicious, had some unwelcome side-effects the following day. :comeout:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I read a few posts and decided to join, thinking this might be a good place for thoughtful exploration of belief... I have now spent the last two hours reading various threads and posts, and have rarely read such vituperative, callous, un-Christ-like venom. And this is since your supposed change of heart.

I do not consider myself a Christian, but the posts by your "Christian" contributors would put me off ever becoming one.

Excellent "witnessing", people.

Please unregister me.

She falls upon the thorns of strife!

She bleeds!

:think: Seriously, even Shelly would be embarrassed by this and that's saying something.

Last edited:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I read a few posts and decided to join, thinking this might be a good place for thoughtful exploration of belief... I have now spent the last two hours reading various threads and posts, and have rarely read such vituperative, callous, un-Christ-like venom. And this is since your supposed change of heart.
:shocked: Gee! How many times have I seen the "hit-and-run?"
I do not consider myself a Christian, but the posts by your "Christian" contributors would put me off ever becoming one.
:darwinsm: That is usually the near mid-point of most atheist up-chuckery on ToL.
Excellent "witnessing", people.
How would it know, not being a Christian and all?
Please unregister me.
In literature, this is called a "denouement." Anti-climatic, as it were.:rapture:

Status
Not open for further replies.