I Support Capital Punishment

Caille

BillyBob said:
I'm not being emotional, I am being logical. Your assertion is that God is in control and will dole out punishment appropriately. My assertion is that if God is in control, why did he allow the rape, torture and murder of that little girl in the first place?

If God is in control, why does evil exist ?

Freak

BillyBob said:
I'm not being emotional, I am being logical. Your assertion is that God is in control and will dole out punishment appropriately. My assertion is that if God is in control, why did he allow the rape, torture and murder of that little girl?
God could & does, at times intervene, when tragedy strikes, it's up to Him to make those decisions not YOU or me.

Yes, God is on the throne and is alive. He is not silent. Satan sure isn't on the throne.

By the way, how could God do a better job killing someone than me? A dead person is just as dead regardless of who pulled the trigger. :dead:
God is Creator of the human body. You're not and He knows how to judge a body, soul, and spirit. Besides, God also sends people to hell where you can't and they can experience His wrath even more.

Mr. 5020

Freak said:
Yes, God is on the throne and is alive. He is not silent. Satan sure isn't on the throne.
You mean Satan the "god of this world,' or Satan "the prince of the power of the air"?

Freak

Caille said:
Was the government being a minister, a helper to those who do what is good ?
There are times the government screws up in their roles--i.e. creating laws in the US to allow baby killing.

Mr. 5020

Freak said:
God is Creator of the human body. You're not and He knows how to judge a body, soul, and spirit. Besides, God also sends people to hell where you can't and they can experience His wrath even more.
So God can't send them to hell if BB takes 'em out?

Freak

Mr. 5020 said:
You mean Satan the "god of this world,' or Satan "the prince of the power of the air"?
Just because Satan is the "god of this world" that doesn't mean He has ultimate power like Jesus has.

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Freak

Mr. 5020 said:
Hell is hell, period.

...but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”says the Lord.

I trust the Lord on this one!! :eek:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Freak said:
God could & does, at times intervene, when tragedy strikes, it's up to Him to make those decisions not YOU or me.

Ah, so now you are saying God is only in control some of the time. Sometimes he chooses to punish murdering rapists and sometimes he chooses to allow them to murder and rape?

C'mon Freak, by your own admission God is only a part time God. That being the case, we have no choice but to create laws and punish those who break them.

Who's throne did that murdering child rapist bow down before? It sure wasn't God's. :nono:

God may decide who is going to Hell, but I can help them get there faster.

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Footnote: This idea that God determines who will and will not go to Hell is a theological discussion unto its own and I'd rather stick to the topic of discussing Capital Punishment and why it is necessary in our society.

Thank you all for watching, stay tuned for more wacky comments from Freak.

Freak

BillyBob said:
Who's throne did that murdering child rapist bow down before? It sure wasn't God's.

Jesus is Lord. Everyone will bow. Satan even has to bow before Jesus!

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

God may decide who is going to Hell, but I can help them get there faster.
Like I said earlier:

...but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”says the Lord.

I trust the Lord much more then a mere human like you. :p

Caille

BillyBob said:
Footnote: This idea that God determines who will and will not go to Hell is a theological discussion unto its own and I'd rather stick to the topic of discussing Capital Punishment and why it is necessary in our society.

OK - I'll bite. Why is it necessary in our society ?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Freak said:
Did these people, whom were guilty of what would be considered capital crimes, have a place in society?

Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

They were not called upon by the apostle Paul to report to the governing authorities to be put to death. They were instead...

Washed
Sancitifed
and Justified

And guess what... life worked better then death for these individuals.
Thos people came to Christ. And this verse is about their standing with God, and their forgiveness of their sins, as it pertains to salvation. It has nothing to do, whatsoever, with those who are not in Christ or civil crimes or penalties.

the Sibbie

Freak said:
The New Covenant calls for redemptive justice—what we see Jesus did for the Samaritan woman, the apostle Paul, and others. You restore when there is repentance. When there in no repentance, call for punishment (see Romans 13). In this, the New Covenant gives liberty in the area of punishment. The death penalty however is not an option, as the New Covenant does not give the governments of the world an allowance to put to death criminals. The “sword” mentioned in Romans 13 is referring, symbolically, to the “authority” the government has to punish evil doers not to put them to death.
Sorry...jumping into the thread a little late.

But if sword means authority, there is still no guidance as to how the government should execute that authority. By what evidence or example can you say that "sword" is symbolic, let alone what it literally means? Without God's guidence on what sort of punishment fits the crime, goverments are bound to be either too harsh or soft when meting out justice for they have no standard to follow and that standard is bound to change.

the Sibbie

Freak said:
The Roman soldiers were given the "authority" (the sword is the symbolism used) by the Roman government to use force, including the use of the sword, in order to exert the Roman government's authority over those that lived within the control of Rome not to put people to death (unless in self defense).
So it's ok for law enforcement officers to kill in self defense, but it's not ok for them to kill in someone else's (murder victim's) defense?