I Support Capital Punishment

Freak

Shimei said:
Romans 13:
4For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

So what is the sword for?
The "sword" is a symbol of the governments authority. This is quite clear!!

Freak

Mr. 5020 said:
Because that was not the "law of the land." Paul never said to do things that were illegal.
So, God's law, in your eyes is only enforceable when it's the "Law of the Land." Do you honestly believe that?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
The "sword" is a symbol of the governments authority. This is quite clear!!

I think we all know what a sword is used for, and it is not a symbol.

:hammer:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 13: Freak version:
4For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the (the symbol of government) in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath (but not kill) him who practices evil.

Freak

Shimei said:
Romans 13: Freak version:
4For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the (the symbol of government) in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath (but not kill) him who practices evil.
The "sword" is the authority the government possesses. God's minister does not bear the authority in vain. They are quite capable of doling out punishment.

Freak

Shimei said:
I think we all know what a sword is used for, and it is not a symbol.
Furthermore, in Romans 13:4 God's Word says that the government is a minister, a helper to those who do what is good. But to those that would do evil, they should be afraid; because the government does not bear the sword for nothing.

In the time that the book of Romans was written the sword was carried by the Roman soldiers. The Roman soldier was charged with protecting the citizens of Rome, and upholding the laws of Rome. In many ways the Roman soldier was the equivalent of the modern day law enforcement officer.

The Roman soldiers were given the "authority" (the sword is the symbolism used) by the Roman government to use force, including the use of the sword, in order to exert the Roman government's authority over those that lived within the control of Rome not to put people to death (unless in self defense).

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Freak said:
I already answered the question with my very first post when I stated:

"I firmly believe God directly executes judgment, according to His will and discretion, and death upon men and nations for certain offences. But this is God's prerogative not man's (nor a governments)."

If God wants anyone to die, trust me, He will ensure they die. He's not powerless!

I see. So your perspective is that God actually killed that precious 9 year old girl and allowed that creepy child molester to live?

You are one sick, twisted puppy Freak. I hope God has the same compassion for your own child that he had for that little girl and when she gets raped and buried alive, I'll remind you of this ridiculous thread.

You're a friggin' wacko! :kookoo:

Mr. 5020

BillyBob said:
I see. So your perspective is that God actually killed that precious 9 year old girl and allowed that creepy child molester to live?

You are one sick, twisted puppy Freak. I hope God has the same compassion for your own child that he had for that little girl and when she gets raped and buried alive, I'll remind you of this ridiculous thread.

You're a friggin' wacko! :kookoo:
:thumb:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I'll tell you what, if you were the person who molested and buried alive my daughter, there would be nowhere for you to hide from my unbridled revenge. I would hunt you down, torture you and laugh in your face as you cried, screamed and prayed to your God for mercy.

Mr. 5020

BillyBob said:
I'll tell you what, if you were the person who molested and buried alive my daughter, there would be nowhere for you to hide from my unbridled revenge. I would hunt you down, torture you and laugh in your face as you cried, screamed and prayed to your God for mercy.
A little dramatic, but I agree nonetheless.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Mr. 5020 said:
A little dramatic, but I agree nonetheless.

Any more dramatic than kidnapping a 9 year old girl, raping her, tying bags around her head, throwing her in a 4 foot deep hole and burying her alive?

Mr. 5020

BillyBob said:
Any more dramatic than kidnapping a 9 year old girl, raping her, tying bags around her head, throwing her in a 4 foot deep hole and burying her alive?
Point made, point taken.

Freak

BillyBob said:

I never said God killed a girl. Get a grip. Stop reacting out of emotion. I merely pointed out if God wanted to kill a murderer He has no problem doing so and He would do a better job then you ever would.

:loser:

Caille

Freak said:
Furthermore, in Romans 13:4 God's Word says that the government is a minister, a helper to those who do what is good. But to those that would do evil, they should be afraid; because the government does not bear the sword for nothing.

In the time that the book of Romans was written the sword was carried by the Roman soldiers. The Roman soldier was charged with protecting the citizens of Rome, and upholding the laws of Rome. In many ways the Roman soldier was the equivalent of the modern day law enforcement officer.

The Roman soldiers were given the "authority" (the sword is the symbolism used) by the Roman government to use force, including the use of the sword, in order to exert the Roman government's authority over those that lived within the control of Rome not to put people to death (unless in self defense).

Didn't most of the early christians get put to death by the Roman government ?

Freak

Caille said:
Didn't most of the early christians get put to death by the Roman government ?
Christians were killed for their faith in Jesus. Many different kinds of people kill Christians. Why do you ask?

Mr. 5020

Hey Freak, I think you forgot to respond to this part. :D
BillyBob said:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Freak said:
I never said God killed a girl. Get a grip. Stop reacting out of emotion. I merely pointed out if God wanted to kill a murderer He has no problem doing so and He would do a better job then you ever would.

:loser:

I'm not being emotional, I am being logical. Your assertion is that God is in control and will dole out punishment appropriately. My assertion is that if God is in control, why did he allow the rape, torture and murder of that little girl in the first place?

By the way, how could God do a better job killing someone than me? A dead person is just as dead regardless of who pulled the trigger. :dead:

Caille

Freak said:
Christians were killed for their faith in Jesus. Many different kinds of people kill Christians. Why do you ask?

Originally Posted by Freak

Was the government being a minister, a helper to those who do what is good ?