ECT I should have initiated my threads here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

When dead people are raised is that not a resurrection?

When the bodies of people who have died are raised....just or unjust....that is the resurrection.

Resurrection speaks of the body. Christ was raised from the dead with another body....one where you could put your hand into his side.

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.​

Do you believe the lake of fire will last forever?

Or will the results last forever?

Will Satan be turned to ashes?

"And I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you." (Ezekiel 28:18)

Do you select parts of scripture to believe?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When the bodies of people who have died are raised....just or unjust....that is the resurrection.

Resurrection speaks of the body. Christ was raised from the dead with another body....one where you could put your hand into his side.

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.​

What?

Do you not believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ?

glorydaz

Do you believe the lake of fire will last forever?

Revelation says it will.

Or will the results last forever?

I can only go by what it says, Jamie.

Will Satan be turned to ashes?

I've never heard of a spirit being turned into ashes.

"And I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you." (Ezekiel 28:18)

Ezek. 28:1 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:​

Do you select parts of scripture to believe?

No, that would have to be you, Jamie. Do you know what a dual prophecy is?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I've never heard of a spirit being turned into ashes.

Ezek. 28:1 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:​

How cute. Ezekiel 28:2: "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre"

"Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre"

A king and a prince are different offices.

"You were in Eden, the garden of God" (Ezekiel 28:13)

The king of Tyre was created.

"The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created." (Ezekiel 28:13)

"You were the anointed cherub who covers" (Ezekiel 28:14)

glorydaz

How cute. Ezekiel 28:2: "Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre"

"Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre"

A king and a prince are different offices.

"You were in Eden, the garden of God" (Ezekiel 28:13)

The king of Tyre was created.

"The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created." (Ezekiel 28:13)

"You were the anointed cherub who covers" (Ezekiel 28:14)

Ah, so you prefer to cherry pick. Yes, that is very cute.

Parts of that chapter COULD be referring to Satan, but clearly not all as you'd like to claim concerning the "ashes" satan would supposedly leave behind in a heap.

I'll ask again if you know that some scripture can be speaking of two distinct and different matters...with prophecy blended in. Like Psalm 22, for instance. You need to be a bit more "unsure" of your own understanding. Jerking verses from their context can lead to all kinds of errors and contradictions that have no business being there. Like the fate of satan, for instance.

glorydaz

Then why don't you?

Where is the lake of fire mentioned in the description of the new earth?

Why should I mention something I don't see? I can imagine anything....like you're doing, but that would be unprofitable.

oatmeal

God can't make it any plainer, but the natural man (you) is still in the dark.

Of course, you resort to an epithet, while I resort to scripture,

Scripture which you cannot refute.

Isn't it about time you considered and believed what scripture says instead of "resisting the Holy Spirit"??

Hardheartedness is not a virtue in God's book.

However, meekness, the willingness to change by believing God word, scripture, is highly valued by God.

In truth is is a fruit of the spirit Galatians 5:22-23 one of the results of utilizing the gift of holy spirit from God, speaking in tongues being one of nine ways all believers have to use the gift of holy spirit from the Holy Spirit, ie, God.

There is so much to learn from scripture, isn't there?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
​Please do not open any more threads in the ECT. Your threads do not belong here. Nuff said on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.