I never knew you !

PureX

I think the point of that bit of text is that people can proclaim themselves Christians, and go around performing all sorts of high-profile religious rituals and works, and yet have no love in their hearts for their fellow humans. And no forgiveness or mercy for the flaws and misfortunes of others. They are Christians in name and dogma, but not in their spirit, or their soul, where it matters. And Jesus says he won't know them because it's through the lives of others, and particularly through the lives of those less fortunate than ourselves, that Jesus will know US.

It's fundamental to understanding Christianity that we understand this: our relationship to God is being carried out through our relationships with each other. If we do not love each other, and we claim to love God, or Christ, we are fools, and liars. Because the love of God and Christ IS the love of each other, and in particular the love of the poor, the sinners, and the downtrodden: the least 'lovable' among us. Some of you hyper-conservative 'super-Christians' around here better learn this lesson, soon, before it's too late! :chuckle:

Zeke

Sons of Hagar have the spirit but the flesh is weak, Sons of the Spirit get Mom to help them deceive PA into giving them the blessings that was offered to the flesh that was more interested in a cheese burger with fries, the plot thickens.

Nanja

Yeah I do. God desires that all be saved and provides a means for that to be done. That is the truth. Your hyper-Calvinism is a LIE.

No you don't!

False teachers, such as yourself, label the Gospel of God's Grace by Divine Election as "hyper-calvinism".
That's to be expected though, as they are unable to discern the Truth of the scriptures because
they are obviously void of the Spirit of Truth 1 John 4:6!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No you don't!

False teachers, such as yourself, label the Gospel of God's Grace by Divine Election as "hyper-calvinism".
That's to be expected though, as they are unable to discern the Truth of the scriptures because
they are obviously void of the Spirit of Truth 1 John 4:6!

~~~~~

That is a lie. God's Gospel of grace is expressed in Ephesians 2:8-9. You are a fool, do not and probably never will be able to properly divide the word of truth. If those who come to Christ after hearing the Word only needed to believe in the death ,burial and resurrection of Chrsit, guess what, That's all they needed to do. You better start studying to show yourself approved instead of listening to that twit Beloved57.

OCTOBER23

PUREX said,

I think the point of that bit of text is that people can proclaim themselves Christians, and go around performing all sorts of high-profile religious rituals and works, and yet have no love in their hearts for their fellow humans.
---------------------------------------------

RIGHT ON BROTHER

RBBI

Sons of Hagar have the spirit but the flesh is weak, Sons of the Spirit get Mom to help them deceive PA into giving them the blessings that was offered to the flesh that was more interested in a cheese burger with fries, the plot thickens.

:thumb: Peace

beloved57

Never knew them to be in the Lambs Book of Life !

Another thing which it means by Jesus words here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He never knew them as the ones whose names had been written in the Lambs Book of Life Rev 21:27

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

We believe they are the same ones Jesus says that the Father had given to Him here Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

They had been the Fathers by Election Jn 17:6

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

These are also His Sheep the Father gave Him as Per Jn 10:29

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

And remember Jesus says He knows His Sheep Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

But Jesus did not know, nor never knew them He shall bid depart from Him Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So evidently they could never had been His Sheep which He layed down His Life for Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep

The Lambs Book of Life could very well have been meant metaphorically here Heb 10:7

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

For He came as the Lamb of God Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Last edited:

beloved57

I never knew you also means that Christ never owned you as His, for it is written 2 Tim 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

That word knoweth is the greek verb ginōskō which is the same word knew in Matt 7:23

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now the Lord knows them that are His ! The words are His denotes they belong to Him, He possesses them. One of the ways He possesses them is by Redemption, He purchased them as His Own by His Blood, so Paul writes to the Corinthians 1 Cor 6:20

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. Jesus made them by His Blood His Own private property.

Therefore it can be concluded that those Jesus spake to in Matt 7:23 saying :

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He could not have bought them with the price of His Blood, so He could not have died for them !!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
"I never knew you" is directly in the spirit of telling one they are not of the Elect. It is obvious by the fact that it parallels with Paul's direct writing "For those whom he foreknew he also predestined".

And then it is stated "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."
Just as Matthew states "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock"

See the correlation? The apostles were Calvinists :D

Nanja

I never knew you also means that Christ never owned you as His, for it is written 2 Tim 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

That word knoweth is the greek verb ginōskō which is the same word knew in Matt 7:23

Now the Lord knows them that are His ! The words are His denotes they belong to Him, He possesses them. One of the ways He possesses them is by Redemption, He purchased them as His Own by His Blood, so Paul writes to the Corinthians 1 Cor 6:20

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s. Jesus made them by His Blood His Own private property.

Therefore it can be concluded that those Jesus spake to in Matt 7:23 saying :

He could not have bought them with the price of His Blood, so He could not have died for them !!

Absolutely correct!

So consequently, they are not of the Election of Grace, Christ's Sheep that He gave His life for John 10:11,15.

But they are the non-elect lost goats, cursed from everlasting Mat. 25:41, the seed of the devil Mat. 13:38-39 which Christ never knew, neither loved, nor did He buy them with His Blood.

~~~~~

beloved57

Absolutely correct!

So consequently, they are not of the Election of Grace, Christ's Sheep that He gave His life for John 10:11,15.

But they are the non-elect lost goats, cursed from everlasting Mat. 25:41, the seed of the devil Mat. 13:38-39 which Christ never knew, neither loved, nor did He buy them with His Blood.

~~~~~

Amen Sister Nanja,

Also those Jesus spoke to in Matt 7:23

Ye that work iniquity cant be applied to them Christ died for because Christ already was bruised for their iniquities Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

And therefore God cannot and will not charge them again with iniquity Ps 32:2

Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Those in Matt 7:23 had been iniquity imputed to them, So they could not be the ones in Isa 53:5 or God is guilty of double jeopardy justice !

Nanja

Amen Sister Nanja,

Also those Jesus spoke to in Matt 7:23

Ye that work iniquity cant be applied to them Christ died for because Christ already was bruised for their iniquities Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

And therefore God cannot and will not charge them again with iniquity Ps 32:2

Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Those in Matt 7:23 had been iniquity imputed to them, So they could not be the ones in Isa 53:5 or God is guilty of double jeopardy justice !

Exactly, My Brother!

Christ Knows every single soul He purchased with His Own Blood, which completely satisfied God's Law and Justice on their behalf forever. So any sins they committed in the past in their Federal Head Adam, and all the ones they shall commit in time, can never be charged to them, because they were imputed to their Surety Heb 7:22; Rom. 4:8 and Covenant Head from everlasting:

Heb. 8:12
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Is. 53:11
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Unlike those in Mat. 7:23, These Christ did Know Intimately (ginosko)!

They are the many whose iniquities He bear; each Member of His Body, His Bride, Chosen In Union with Him before the foundation of the World Eph. 1:4!

~~~~~

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent (Ac 17:30, emphasis mine).

If men aren't going to be saved, why ask them to repent? :banana: