I hate funerals and ...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's the phony and expensive 'hubbub' that funerals have become that I dislike. I understand that the loved-ones of the person who has died often need that ritual of finality to help them accept and grieve their loss. But in the old days we'd do it quickly, and at home, and at little trouble and expense to the family.

That's how we should be doing it, still.

I agree with you there, but laws about it now make that nearly impossible, now they wont even let you have your loved one buried on your own land if thats your wish and make embalming mandatory in most states.

fzappa13

Ive never been to a funeral home that was trying to pass for a church, have you?

I'm probably not the one to ask because I studiously avoid both but ... yes, In my brief experience with both they seemed to have a great deal in common in their attempts to offer solace to those inclined to be concerned about mankind's long home with similar results.

fzappa13

I agree with you there, but laws about it now make that nearly impossible, now they wont even let you have your loved one buried on your own land if thats your wish and make embalming mandatory in most states.

Yes ... and that's likely why our two local people planters were a little put out with my father robbing them of their pound of flesh, as it were.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Cremation is the way I want to be dealt with. My Mother was cremated, my
Father had a "Military Funeral." He was in the Marines during WW2.

I'm not crazy about funerals; the coffin, the flowers, the music! Actually,
I think a 'memorial service' without the body (unless the departed have
been cremated) is preferable!

Last edited: