I confess Hofers are not secret offspring of Jimmy Hoffa

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainee

No, and I'm sorry I posted that on the Hall of Fame Thread.
I have gibed them there Hoffers twice in all my life before these last few days but of late I have taken a verbal whaling and even a disassociation
or maybe more than one because of this.

But I would like to go back now to what I first said regarding them - before I ever said anything about Jimmy Hoffa or his secret offspring...

I said the Hall of Famers were being kept together so we could turn them over to the aliens as a peace offering.

Yes. I know. The truth is sometimes worse than the fiction, sometimes not.

Will our beloved comrades be treated well? Studied? Tested? Used as mental sex slaves? Fed or - eaten? Dissected? To most of the the list we so hope not! We hope they will shine as they are, interesting, bright people who make a place better. Most of the time.

I will no longer gibe them. Thanks for forgiving me - those of you who did. But I thought the Hoffa gibe was better than being offered up to aliens - even as necessary as that may be. I see though the Hoffa thing was just a bridge too far for some friendships to cross. My best to you anyways.

rainee

Ok, I admit it - this has nothing to do with the Hall of Famers.

I mean who could travel thousands of light years and still be savages? I'm sure the hoffers will be fine.

But everyone who knows men are control freaks please raise your hand.
Well TH is a bossy bossy bossy bossy bossy man!!

And I will not not not not do what he tells me to!
Do not doubt that.

Every one who knows people here are hard heads please raise your hand.

Well I asked TH to help me with Zoo - in a pm.
(How else could I have done it? Like this???)

So since I asked of him does that give him the right to order me around?

First he orders me off his thread, then he wants me to stop posting about all this publicly but to post privately.

Everyone who knows guys can be such bullies raise your hand.

You all want me to stop making threads? Get TH to understand I can't be bullied
or bossed or blackmailed or well anything.
That is why in real life no one really likes me, after all.

Oh and ps, did he ever tell me he would help with Zoo? No.
It was just that I asked of him - as if that was asking for riches from the devil or something!!

bybee

No, and I'm sorry I posted that on the Hall of Fame Thread.
I have gibed them there Hoffers twice in all my life before these last few days but of late I have taken a verbal whaling and even a disassociation
or maybe more than one because of this.

But I would like to go back now to what I first said regarding them - before I ever said anything about Jimmy Hoffa or his secret offspring...

I said the Hall of Famers were being kept together so we could turn them over to the aliens as a peace offering.

Yes. I know. The truth is sometimes worse than the fiction, sometimes not.

Will our beloved comrades be treated well? Studied? Tested? Used as mental sex slaves? Fed or - eaten? Dissected? To most of the the list we so hope not! We hope they will shine as they are, interesting, bright people who make a place better. Most of the time.

I will no longer gibe them. Thanks for forgiving me - those of you who did. But I thought the Hoffa gibe was better than being offered up to aliens - even as necessary as that may be. I see though the Hoffa thing was just a bridge too far for some friendships to cross. My best to you anyways.

I'll always be your friend Rainee but I think you have gone off sides on this issue.
Of course I have my own issues to deal with! Like what the heck am I going to do now that men can use the ladies bathroom in public places in some cities?
I think I shall load up with mace and have it at the ready should some size 12 clodhoppers happen to park in the stall next to me and try to get acquainted....

Lon

If it is any consolation....Hold on...."Yes Mr. Heretic....I'll have your coffee for you in just a moment"....back to Rainee: Yes, as I was saying if it is any consolation....Hold on..."Yes Mr. Heretic, two lumps"....as I was saying.......hold on again....."maple bar, got it"......as I was saying....wait, what were we talking about? "...and cream, got it."

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another thread about TH? Okay.

If only there were an ignore feature on TOL ...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I saw Billy Joe McAllister and some girl throwin' Jimmy Hoffa off th' Tallahatchie Bridge! :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well TH is a bossy bossy bossy bossy bossy man!!
Seriously, how many threads do you need to talk about one person?

And I will not not not not do what he tells me to!
Act like an honest, essentially decent human being.

Well I asked TH to help me with Zoo - in a pm. So since I asked of him does that give him the right to order me around?
Here's the actual exchange:
It is very wonderful to see the HoF group doing well and good!
Appreciated rainee, but posting here is restricted to Hall of Fame members.

There seems to be a little confusion on the point of late. :idunno: Now that means please, don't post here to apologize for not realizing you weren't meant to post here. :eek:

First he orders me off his thread, then he wants me to stop posting about all this publicly but to post privately.
So no, I didn't do anything like that. Are you a sock puppet or just essentially dishonest? Because this is the second time I've posted what I actually did, which was to thank you, then ask you nicely, please not to note the mistake in the thread.

Later I noted you had no problem with asking me for help privately, but went public with the same sort of mischaracterization you're making in this one, which led to my question about who you actually are and what you're obviously up to.

Everyone who knows guys can be such bullies raise your hand.
I'm getting to know a few who want to be.

You all want me to stop making threads? Get TH to understand I can't be bullied
Please and a note of appreciation is bullying where you live?

or bossed or blackmailed or well anything.
Well, you certainly can't be forced into an honest accounting, so...

That is why in real life no one really likes me, after all.
I don't now, to be sure. You've given me ample reason not to. Before? I thought you had moments but any time you had a nice thing to say about me it seemed to come in a back handed fashion. I was fairly up front with you about that too.

Oh and ps, did he ever tell me he would help with Zoo? No.
Actually you posted in Quixote's threatening to hijack the thread because you and zoo were having a disagreement I didn't know about. Then you PM'd and I told you I wasn't the person to mend that fence, which was true enough. Coincidentally :)rolleyes:) shortly after that you posted in the Hall thread after I waved Eeset off, also nicely. You later admitted you were trying to goad.

So with me you're your own worst enemy. I'm sure a few people will adore you for it, so hang in there.

It was just that I asked of him - as if that was asking for riches from the devil or something!!
Like I said, I see you pretty clearly now.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
why would anyone start a thread for just hall of fame members?

why not start a thread and limit it to just your friends?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
why would anyone start a thread for just hall of fame members?
I posted why in the thread. To paraphrase and/or expound a bit, I thought it would be a good idea to have what would be in essence a group dialogue that could be viewed by anyone, that it would be good for the membership at large to notice the breadth of the membership, that Knight wasn't isolating it to a handful of like minded individuals, that you can exist and thrive here holding very different views.

It was a good idea, but not worth the dust a really small number of malcontents and people holding various personal grudges were determined to make out of it. Not a big deal really. Too bad though.

why not start a thread and limit it to just your friends?
I'd ask you that but I know you don't like to blog. :)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It was a good idea, but not worth the dust a really small number of malcontents and people holding various personal grudges were determined to make out of it. Not a big deal really.

excluding others is never a good idea
and
it is a big deal

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
excluding others is never a good idea
and
it is a big deal
Wasn't really the point and TOL does that all the time, from groups public to groups private, but I wasn't really thinking about that, honestly, and if anyone had said to me, "I see what you're aiming at but not being able to participate bothers me" I'd have been inclined to open it widely anyway.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay, if you just can't live without me, having posted about everywhere you can think of, I'm going to be flattered enough to answer.

It's in the quote, as is Knight's less than absolute response. By way of, I created an interview thread with Q and Knight thinks it shouldn't be open to people who want to post in it. There's a secret thread that only Secret Order members can even see, let alone post in. And groups that have their own private threads.

And the point I made to chrys remains: TOL excludes, publicly and privately, it simply doesn't for the most part.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
three hours sleep and you lose all your resolve re "ignore":darwinsm:
classic!
No, I just noted you posting repeatedly after me and in just about every thread where I am, including Quixote's. And you've failed miserably at any ignore you've tried, so it's a funny brick to throw.

Are you really so small and desperate a person that this sort of point win means something to you?

Remarkable.

Else, there's your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.