Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
True, but it didn't quite answer the question. I asked if there was a Good Samaritan Law™ in the Bible.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean are we required to do all we can to save her and that we'll suffer some kind of consequence if we don't?

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
You can't imagine yourself defending your family?
I was saying that the situation is so mind-blowing that sitting calmly in my room, I have no idea how I would react. I suppose it would vary from situation to situation.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
I believe you missed my point. You are telling us that we should do something that cannot be done.

It's quite possible. if everyone outside of the hospital rushed the building with water, she would get some.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
I was saying that the situation is so mind-blowing that sitting calmly in my room, I have no idea how I would react. I suppose it would vary from situation to situation.

Just making that clear. :)

Mr. 5020

Poly said:
I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you mean are we required to do all we can to save her and that we'll suffer some kind of consequence if we don't?
There's quite a few questions coming my way. I'm trying to answer them all. When I clicked 'Reply' on this post, by the time it went to the Reply screen, there were 2 more posts directed at me.

I'm asking if it would be sinful, I guess.

Mr. 5020

Wamba the Fool said:
A feeding tube would be used.
So, the people outside (and some like-minded doctors), would rush through and insert the feeding tube, for what purpose? Police would be called to the scene, and the feeding tube would be removed again.

ShadowMaid

Mr. 5020 said:
So, the people outside (and some like-minded doctors), would rush through and insert the feeding tube, for what purpose? Police would be called to the scene, and the feeding tube would be removed again.

So it's the right thing to just give up, yes?

BTW, this is just a yes or no question.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:

The purpose would be to get her water. Although we may be stopped, we would have to try. What is the point of doing it if it will be taken right back out? It would be the right thing to do.

Mr. 5020

Wamba the Fool said:
The purpose would be to get her water. Although we may be stopped, we would have to try. What is the point of doing it if it will be taken right back out? It would be the right thing to do.
So, where is the line drawn? If we must break laws to "love our neighbor," should we start shooting judges, abortionists, and (hopefully) Hillary Clinton. You would make her nearly starve to death, and then make her go through the whole process again. That just sounds like torture.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
So, where is the line drawn? If we must break laws to "love our neighbor," should we start shooting judges, abortionists, and (hopefully) Hillary Clinton. You would make her nearly starve to death, and then make her go through the whole process again. That just sounds like torture.

I realize this is fellowship week, and I don't want to seem overly unfellowship-like but, so we should just let her starve and not do anything?

And, no we are not going to break love you neighbor... we are loving out neighbor by standing up for Terri.

Mr. 5020

Wamba the Fool said:
I realize this is fellowship week, and I don't want to seem overly unfellowship-like but, so we should just let her starve and not do anything?
What should we do? Your suggestions are at best, unrealistic; at worst, torture. Many people are doing the only things they can do: pray (if they believe in such a thing), protest, and I have sent countless e-mails and made 2 phone calls to Jeb Bush's office.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
There's quite a few questions coming my way. I'm trying to answer them all. When I clicked 'Reply' on this post, by the time it went to the Reply screen, there were 2 more posts directed at me.

I'm asking if it would be sinful, I guess.

To refuse somebody water who is in desperate need of it to save his/her life would be wrong if it's within our power to get it to them. We've already seen that those who are attempting to get her water at this point are having no success and it wouldn't be a sin if one didn't try. But it's so understanding to see somebody so moved, thinking "I'm going to get water to her if it kills me". Sometimes we want the right thing done so bad we can't see anything else but wanting desperately to accomplish it.

I have to be honest and say that Wamba's suggestion of a huge group bombarding has entered my mind as well. I don't have the resources to get down there but if I knew for sure that there was going to be a massive take over and that the outcome was that she would be very likely to get the nourishment to save her life, I would be awfully tempted to find a way. I'm sure there's a lot of sincere wishful thinking going on right now with a lot of people.

Mr. 5020

ShadowMaid said:
So you're trying to find out where the line is drawn, right?
Exactly, though Wamba had a good answer. But why just execution? Is that the only thing we shouldn't take into our hands?