HYPER-CALVINISTS MENTALLY LIVE IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are a few hyper-Calvinist fanatics on TOL. They
earnestly believe that, God creates all sin and debauchery
on planet earth. They also believe that man cannot choose
anything but evil to occupy his mind. They believe man is
in a total state of depravity and has no free will of his own.

They believe that God chose to save a minority of so called
elect before the foundation of the world. They of course,
think that, they're among that special group. They also believe
that God destined the rest for Hell. The rest, according to
them is, those who don't believe in their fanatical belief system.

They don't even have a personal testimony of how they became
a true believer. Ask them sometime: "How and when did
you become a child of God?" They'll not be able to articulate
how or why they know they're saved.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There are a few hyper-Calvinist fanatics on TOL. They
earnestly believe that, God creates all sin and debauchery
on planet earth. They also believe that man cannot choose
anything but evil to occupy his mind. They believe man is
in a total state of depravity and has no free will of his own.

Total Depravity doesn't mean that men are as wicked as they can be, only that there is nothing so good about them alone which can merit salvation.

Which includes, strongly, a free will in choosing God to be saved. The basis is built upon the plain fact that you didn't choose God, He chose you by placing you in a disposition that would you to Him in the first place.

Also
Do you understand the term 'elect'? It's the opposite of you choosing God, Broseph. How you all go right over this is beyond me :rolleyes:

They believe that God chose to save a minority of so called
elect before the foundation of the world. They of course,
think that, they're among that special group. They also believe
that God destined the rest for Hell. The rest, according to
them is, those who don't believe in their fanatical belief system.

Unless you are arguing for Universalism, you aren't making any point there.

They don't even have a personal testimony of how they became
a true believer. Ask them sometime: "How and when did
you become a child of God?" They'll not be able to articulate
how or why they know they're saved.

So basically,
completely made up drivel just to lengthen the OP.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Total Depravity doesn't mean that men are as wicked as they can be, only that there is nothing so good about them alone which can merit salvation.

Which includes, strongly, a free will in choosing God to be saved. The basis is built upon the plain fact that you didn't choose God, He chose you by placing you in a disposition that would you to Him in the first place.

Also
Do you understand the term 'elect'? It's the opposite of you choosing God, Broseph. How you all go right over this is beyond me :rolleyes:

Unless you are arguing for Universalism, you aren't making any point there.

So basically,
completely made up drivel just to lengthen the OP.

Are you a Calvinist or a Hyper-Calvinist. Do you believe that people can be saved aside from being elect? Can they choose?

John 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:13 New King James Version (NKJV)

13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you a Calvinist or a Hyper-Calvinist. Do you believe that people can be saved aside from being elect? Can they choose?
That is actually not a point identifying a Hyper-Calvinist.

I am quite hopeful no one—Calvinist, Arminian, open theist, Romanist, etc.—believes the elect, no matter how one defines the term, will fail to be saved. If a person is saved, that person was one of the elect. If a person is not among the elect Hell is their final destination.

I fully agree with the Scripture passages you have cited, brother. Our point of disagreement likely revolves around the ability possessed by those fallen in Adam that ultimately will believe/call upon the Lord. The Reformed deny any such moral ability is possessed by the unregenerate elect person (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14). Rather our view is not even a miniscule good velleity remains in those fallen in Adam, and that God must quicken (that is, regenerate, Eze. 36:26) the spiritually dead person, such that the person will then possess the ability to believe/call upon the Lord, via the faith so granted them by God and God alone.

Some will label this view of those fallen in Adam as total depravity, but the term tends to send folks off a cliff in misunderstandings. Better to view the position the Reformed advocate of the state of fallen man as total inability.

AMR

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The difference between a Calvinist and a 'hyper-Calvinist' isn't even theological. It's more derogatory than anything else.

The difference is in attitude really- primarily, a hyper Calvinist doesn't see evangelizing as necessary.
And it is often used, mistakenly, toward those who are simply zealous.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is actually not a point identifying a Hyper-Calvinist.

I am quite hopeful no one—Calvinist, Arminian, open theist, Romanist, etc.—believes the elect, no matter how one defines the term, will fail to be saved. If a person is saved, that person was one of the elect. If a person is not among the elect Hell is their final destination. There are no elected persons in Hell.

AMR

Are there elect outside of Calvinism?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are there elect outside of Calvinism?
Of course, as I have so stated often to you and others given the same sort of question. I never tire of stating this time and again, too!

For the record, in general I believe any person who claims to be a Christian that holds to the truths of the Trinity, by faith alone, by grace alone, and by Christ alone, is among the community of saints. These are first order non-negotiable tenets of our faith. Of course, when exploring these aspects in detail, if it becomes obvious that a person has crafted some intellectual idol contrary to what these terms historically have meant to the church militant, I am within my liberty and duty (when so provoked by the Spirit) to question the sandy foundation said person has erected for that which he or she holds dear.

I hope that no one who wears the label, Calvinist or Reformed, would declare someone professing these truths in an initial encounter as being lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent. Unfortunately, you will often find that the those summarily declaring another on his or her merry way to perdition is usually one of the non-Reformed/Calvinist leanings.

AMR

OCTOBER23

HYPER-CALVINISTS MENTALLY LIVE IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE
--------------------------------------------------------------------
There isn't any Parallel Universe because Calvinists are already

Hyper in this Universe.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course, as I have so stated often to you and others given the same sort of question. I never tire of stating this time and again, too!

For the record, in general I believe any person who claims to be a Christian that holds to the truths of the Trinity, by faith alone, by grace alone, and by Christ alone, is among the community of saints. These are first order non-negotiable tenets of our faith. Of course, when exploring these aspects in detail, if it becomes obvious that a person has crafted some intellectual idol contrary to what these terms historically have meant to the church militant, I am within my liberty and duty (when so provoked by the Spirit) to question the sandy foundation said person has erected for that which he or she holds dear.

I hope that no one who wears the label, Calvinist or Reformed, would declare someone professing these truths in an initial encounter as being lost, hell-bound, and sin-bent. Unfortunately, you will often find that the those summarily declaring another on his or her merry way to perdition is usually one of the non-Reformed/Calvinist leanings.

AMR
God bless you AMR. You are a good brother and I never tire of hearing what you have to say.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The empowering thing about Calvinism is that there's a bringing back of the concept, in it's more pure form, that nobody can tell you anything about your salvation.

This is part of the reason why the Reformation was so effective, because it made it easy for people to challenge the 'guilt complex' of Catholicism and the Hell wising from certain evangelical types.

But too many on here don't want to see the beauty of Reformed doctrine, they'd rather sit there and waste away at what is ultimately vain concepts of free will and merit.