Huge UFO news!

Arthur Brain

@Arthur Brain This may interest you given that it happened in your part of the world:

A well respected man and deservedly so:

As much as I don't tend to get involved in 'UFO' threads so much, I'm not so arrogant as to exclude the possibility of there being life elsewhere in this vast cosmos of ours even if I'm sceptical of a lot of so called footage of such. However, I have seen some that gives pause for thought. Weirdly enough I watched "District 9" last night where alien life actually visits earth and is treat like garbage. The metaphor is obvious but well made.

Thunder's Muse

Fascinating! I understand that Australia (or at least parts of it) is a hotspot for UFO activity/sightings. If it's not too difficult, can you describe your sightings?
Well I have a vague memory from when I was young but memories can be distorted from that age.

The next time, I was about 17 and on a camp with our youth group. One night, a friend and I were laying on the oval looking at the stars, when I saw a what I thought was a shooting star. I was just about to say 'oh look, a shooting star' when it suddenly stopped moving and remained in place. I remember thinkng how weird it was when it suddenly flew off in the opposite direction.

Really just things like that. I once saw a weird shape following a plane as it flew over head. Just things that make you think 'what the heck is that?'

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
As I'd said, C.S. Lewis had ruminated about another Garden of Eden and them not falling to temptation.
If you are interested in reading along those lines, I highly recommend "The Secret of the Saucers" by Orfeo M. Angelucci, published in 1955. I just finished it myself and highly appreciated it. It's short enough to be read in 1 or 2 sittings (2 for me). The book is freely available for reading online at the other end of this link: https://sacred-texts.com/ufo/sos/index.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
That is one of the funniest things that I've seen in a long time.
You're welcome.
This would have been better posted in the "comedy break" thread.
You don't understand the significance of what you saw in that video: You saw Bill Nelson, the chief of NASA, being interviewed by Larry Sabato, professor of Politics at the University of Virginia. You heard the chief of NASA say that incredibly advanced objects are flying in our airspace--far in advance of anything in our inventory--and we don't know what they are or who is in them. Then you heard Professor Sabato say that these objects are being piloted by "perhaps more likely some extraterrestrial intelligent beings."

Stop laughing and let that sink in for a minute.

Last edited: