Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Would you give me a reference for this question?

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. - Matthew 28:18-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:18-20&version=NKJV

Should Jesus' followers baptise, and is it required for salvation?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. - Matthew 28:18-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:18-20&version=NKJV

Should Jesus' followers baptise, and is it required for salvation?

Jesus' instructions are different individually. If you are convicted to baptize, do it. Or if someone asks you to do it, do it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus' instructions are different individually. If you are convicted to baptize, do it.
So.... You're saying a person should obey Jesus if you feel like it? Or rather, disobey if you don't feel like doing it?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So.... You're saying a person should obey Jesus if you feel like it? Or rather, disobey if you don't feel like doing it?

Is that how you read it? I said if you are convicted. If you are convicted it is from the HS so you better follow it.

Jesus gives us assignment for everyone individually.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already answered you. Of course they should do it. They did it.

Anyone who wants to obey Jesus know should get baptized too, even if you have to do it yourself in your pool.

Just so I understand you correctly, you are saying that it's required for salvation?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Obeying Jesus is required for salvation. His words are life. You must do what the Way says to have life.
So then why did Paul not obey Jesus and baptise his converts?

I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other. - 1 Corinthians 1:14-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:14-16&version=NKJV

Does that mean that Paul was not saved because he did not obey Christ's clear command in Matthew?:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. - Matthew 28:19-20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew28:19-20&version=NKJV

God's Truth

So then why did Paul not obey Jesus and baptise his converts?

Jesus told Paul to preach the gospel.

Paul obeyed and did that, but not until after he was himself water baptized.

In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles? Remember, faith comes from hearing the word, and Jesus sent Paul to preach the gospel. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Paul is going to open their eyes by preaching to them.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27. Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus told Paul to preach the gospel.

Paul obeyed and did that, but not until after he was himself water baptized.
The Bible does not say Paul was baptised, in any way.

Had hands laid upon him, sure, but not baptised, and especially not water baptised.

EDIT!:

It seems I have misspoken. I apologise. Paul may have been baptised with the Holy Spirit, but he was not baptised with water.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] I updated my post to correct myself. Please consider the edit.

God's Truth

Had hands laid upon him, sure, but not baptised, and especially not water baptised.

You are badly mistaken.

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

Paul did what we all are told to do.

God's Truth

EDIT!:

It seems I have misspoken. I apologise. Paul may have been baptised with the Holy Spirit, but he was not baptised with water.

When Paul had his vision restored to him, he was told to get up, be baptized and wash his sins away, calling on the Lord.

When people were baptized with water that was symbolic of having their sins washed away, after they repented.

In addition, people came out of the water after repenting and being baptized, they called upon the name of the Lord.

We are told to believe, and repent, and to call upon the name of the Lord.

Romans 10:13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Acts 22:16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.'

glorydaz

So what's the difference between the law of Moses and the law of God?

The Law of God is that written in stone....and on the conscience of men. Kept inside the Ark.
It points out sin.

The Law of Moses [over 600 rules and regulations) was specifically for the Jews. Kept outside the Ark. It was added because of transgression.

The Law of Moses consisted of rites, ceremonies, and sacrificial offerings for the people of Israel.

Deut. 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. 27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?​

glorydaz

You are badly mistaken.

Paul did what we all are told to do.

Are you surprised a Jew would say that? Paul was a Jew, Himself, and had not yet received the full revelation from our Risen Lord. Water baptism is not to be forbidden, but it never washed away sins, as the Jews practiced their temporary washings.

We are washed by the Spirit not by water.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.​

Status
Not open for further replies.