HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosixx

Then, the Lord said that Israel shall be a Kingdom of priests and a holy nation." (Exod. 19:6) That's the main item of the collective Messiah

The body of Christ is just that.
1 Pt. 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

xfrodobagginsx

Where in scripture do we see this instructed or an example of it?

Why not do what Jesus instructed to be saved?
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Here is the prayer let's compare it with the scriptures:

"1)Dear LORD JESUS, I believe that YOU died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. 2)I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, take me to heaven when I die. 3) I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

Let's do check the scriptures.

1) Ro 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus...

The prayer does this

2) and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,

The prayer does this if from the heart

3) you shall be saved.

The prayer does this

2) For with the heart one believes unto righteousness

If you say the prayer from your heart this will happen

and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

The prayer does this. You pray with your mouth.

Ro 10:13 For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

The prayer does this

xfrodobagginsx

hi frodo. great posts. pretty soon you'll be ready for the big time ! MAD, Jesus Is God, Paul, and other hotly debated threads. i read all the Tolkein books in 7th grade, 82. way before the movies. Bilbo is my favorite. and Gandalf. look forward to seeing you ! God Bless ! ! !

Thanks buddy, but my purpose here is simply to give the Gospel.

xfrodobagginsx

It means that I believe in the collective concept of the Messiah. It means that the Messiah cannot be an individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we supposed to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36) Then we have Prophet Habakkuk 3:13 which says, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord. Then, the Lord said that Israel shall be a Kingdom of priests and a holy nation." (Exod. 19:6) That's the main item of the collective Messiah

Would you like the Scriptures in the Old Testament that point to Jesus Christ as the Messiah?

Ben Masada

How to get to heaven when you die

How to get to heaven when you die

So then you don't believe the scriptures when they declare Jesus Christ THE Messiah, THE Christ, THE Son of the Living God, THE Redeemer? Jesus Christ can be found all through the OT and it only points to one person, Jesus Christ alone.

First of all, you are referring to the NT and, when Jesus was around, all the time he referred to the Scriptures, he meant the Tanach. The NT he never even dreamed would ever rise.

Jesus was not the Messiah because the individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we to expect a different Messiah in every generation? I don't think so. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:35-37) By the way, Prophet Habakkuk in 3:13 says: "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His anointed one." That's what the Messiah is, the anointed one of the Lord.

Jesus could neither be the son of God as an individual but as part of the People of Israel whom HaShem called His son. "Israel is My son. So, let My son go that he may serve Me." (Exod. 4:23,24)

Regarding your claim that Jesus is found throughout the Tanach, let's make a deal, you read any thing that you think refers to Jesus; if I fail to tell you what the text refers to, I'll consider becoming a Christian just as you are. If you accept the deal, you must consider the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism. Fair enough?

Ben Masada

The body of Christ is just that.
1 Pt. 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

So, why apply Replacement Theology by saying that Christianity is already what Israel is supposed to be?

Ben Masada

Would you like the Scriptures in the Old Testament that point to Jesus Christ as the Messiah?

There is nothing I would like more. Show me as many as you think point to Jesus as the Messiah and, if I fail to show you with evidential quotes whom the texts point to, I'll pay you homage for your wisdom. Now, go ahead because I am all ears.

Ben Masada

Given that information, what reason do you have to believe that it's unBiblical to pray for Salvation?

First of all, salvation from what? If it is from universal catastrophes, you don't have to because it is free. You may take it for granted. As long as there is a Minyan of ten Jews on earth, you are saved from universal catastrophes. Evidence? Read Genesis 18:22-32. If it is for personal salvation, neither do you need to pray for. All you have to do is to keep the laws: God's Law, the law of the land, and the law of cause and effect.

xfrodobagginsx

Salvation from our sins (Crimes against God):

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(KJV)

You must place your faith in Jesus Christ to recieve salvation. It's not because of good works:

Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If we could do good deeds to go to heaven, then Jesus Christ wouldn't have had to die on the cross:

Ga 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
(KJV)

The Bible says that we must believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and that He rose from the dead and place our faith in Him for salvation:

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ben Masada

Salvation from our sins (Crimes against God):

No one can commit a crime against God. Who are we to offend the Creator of the universe? The only salvation from our sins is either not to commit them or repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.(KJV)

Neither is the wage of sin death nor is the gift of God eternal life. One dies because he has been born and eternal life is an attribute that could not be shared with man. (Gen. 3:22,23)

You must place your faith in Jesus Christ to recieve salvation. It's not because of good works:

It depends on what salvation you are talking about. Universal salvation is free but for personal salvation we must obey the Law.

Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

If we live by the Law, we are already justified; no further judgment. Now, Faith without the Law is as dead as a body without the breath of life. (James 2:26)

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

If you read the greatest Psalm 119, you will be persuaded that the Law was given by the grace of God so that we could live in society and not in a jungle of disorder.

If we could do good deeds to go to heaven, then Jesus Christ wouldn't have had to die on the cross:

And the Prophets of the Lord would be vindicated in their words that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30; Ezek. 18:20)

Ga 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

So, Jesus died in vain because righteousness does come by the Law.

The Bible says that we must believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and that He rose from the dead and place our faith in Him for salvation:

Now, I can see why we "must" believe by faith, probably because Jesus did not die on the cross and most definitely he did not resurrect. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; II Sam. 14:14)

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

That would be too easy to be saved. Jesus was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism and the Jewish Tanach does not endorse bodily resurrection. (Isa. 26:14; II Sam. 12:23; II Sam. 14:14)

Ben Masada

satanislord.webs.com

Satan does not exist as a real being. Satan is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Satan could be applied to any human being who gives vent to all his evil inclinations. Otherwise, but in the case of an allegory or parable or during a dream.

truthjourney

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?
Yes.
About five or six years ago, on Thanksgiving Day, I was having chest pains. I was more upset that something like that was happening on that day instead of being concerned about chest pains. My daughter and son had already arrived and we had planned to have a good day together.
So I tried to ignore the chest pains and didn't tell anyone that I was having them. Then suddenly it got worse. I began to feel dizzy and weak. I sat on the bed for a few minutes but ended up having to basically fall over into the bed. My daughter came into the room asking if I was okay. I told her yes that I just needed to rest a few minutes. Along with the chest pains, my heart was fluttering and then it began to race. My daughter wanted to call 911 and I told her that I didn't want to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital. She called them anyway.
Shorty after the paramedics arrived and they were asking me questions...Suddenly, I could barely hear what they were saying. But my senses were sharp in a different way. Everything in the room seemed to be disappearing and I could no longer feel my body. This incredible feeling of joy, love and peace swept over me. It actually felt like I was being cradled by God and being lifted away somewhere else. I became excited and curious and could almost see something ahead of me...then I heard the paramedic yelling something. They put me on the gurney and I was trying to say, no, stop. I was so disappointed as more and more I was back to that feeling of pain and being aware of hearing everything they were saying and seeing everything around me. ...I spent four days in the hospital with blood pressure problems.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the satan figure.............

the satan figure.............

Satan does not exist as a real being. Satan is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Satan could be applied to any human being who gives vent to all his evil inclinations. Otherwise, but in the case of an allegory or parable or during a dream.

See my dissertations on the 'Lucifer' issue, how that tradition has identified 'Lucifer' with 'satan' or 'the devil' on this page here. As far as the OT goes, I'm sure some Jews believe that 'satan' or 'hasatan' in their scriptures is an actual 'angel' or 'servant' of YHWH, who serves as an 'attorney' or 'judge' of sorts, but is always subservient to 'God', having to ask permission for doing anything. If you assume he's not a 'real being' this puts your 'scripture' in question as being merely figurative or mythical. I'm aware that 'satan' is also considered by some as an impersonal principle or 'adversary' as well, or as you've proposed,...a 'symbol' for one's own lower carnal nature or evil inclination. Everything is open to 'interpretation'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.