HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Omnipresence................

Omnipresence................

The holiness of God is traumatic to unholy people...R.C. Sproul

I guess that depends on how you look at it,....seems like Jesus revealed a loving Heavenly Father, not a vindictive Deity who eternally condemns souls to eternal hell-fire with no hope of salvation. That's not love.

If 'God' is love, then his actions, divine directives and government will be redemptive/restorative/reforming in nature, seeing that His will is for the salvation, progress and perfection of all beings. Consider the infinity of love. Consider what Love's will and nature IS. Love cannot act contrary to its very will or nature.

As far as 'holiness' goes -

God is not so 'holy' that he is entirely 'other', since his love includes the indwelling of his own spirit-presence in all sentient beings, so that he's involved in his own offspring intimately, as well as being the dynamic life-principle motivating all beings to evolve and fulfill their purpose for being. 'God' holds his own unique/special place as being 'God', but nothing exists separate or apart from his presence which upholds/sustains and governs all.

God is One.

God is All.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
My late father used to say "When we die it will be the most awesome journey we will ever take or else it will be absolutely nothing."

That has always sounded wise to me.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The holiness of God is traumatic to unholy people...R.C. Sproul
It is traumatic to us all.

Both believers and unbelievers will both use the same human exclamation when confronted by the divine:

"WOW !!!"

As humans, we have in our own DNA a recognition of what is holy and sacred. The Christians usually take that understanding literally while others see it in metaphorical terms.

Poetic and metaphorical language is what humans use to describe absolute truth. It's the only way we have to do so.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I just think that when we see unbelievers who hate God, it makes sense because that's what the Bible says would happen.
Unfortunately, the Bible was written by inspired human beings. It did not come out of holy whole cloth from God. There are too many translations, versions, interpretations, contradictions and discrepancies to assert that it is the "Word" of God.

The Holy and the Sacred--the Divine--can only be received from finite human beings. And nothing that is finite can ever fully grasp the infinite.

The only way anyone can described the holy, the sacred, the divine or the infinite is to use the language of myth and metaphor. It can't be described "as it is."

Last edited:

Ben Masada

My late father used to say "When we die it will be the most awesome journey we will ever take or else it will be absolutely nothing."

That has always sounded wise to me.

A journey from one's house to the cemetery. A journey wherefrom one will never return. A journey whereto even if one is conscious he will reject to return if consulted.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
After working with death and the dying for years, I now know that to love life is to love death, for death is a part of life.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
A Spiritualist view of life.............

A Spiritualist view of life.............

A journey from one's house to the cemetery.

Hi Ben,

If you can refute/disprove 'scientific' evidence (which means the methods of proof can be repeatedly tested/proven) for the Afterlife, as shared freely in Victor Zammit's book "What happens when we die?" (seeing that you have to first research the 'evidence' provided in the free book),...this would be interesting to see. Would you be open-minded enough to consider what is provided as evidence, objectively?

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Eternal progression....in any realm............

Eternal progression....in any realm............

A journey whereto even if one is conscious he will reject to return if consulted.

Concerning an Afterlife, or the continuation of conscious-existence after shedding the material body, souls may 're-incarnate' (re-embody to experience life again in a material world) or souls may continue on in eternal progression in the spirit-world, graduating from sphere to sphere until they ultimately reunite with God. So, even apart from a 'reincarnation-cycle' model, eternal progression of the soul in the spirit-worlds is tenable, because the motive of creation is evolution.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
There is more than you think.....

There is more than you think.....

Every death without Christ is horrible.

As aikido said below ;)

Death is but a translation from the flesh to the spirit world, - 'death' can also be metaphorically or figuratively defined as we see elsewhere. As long as a soul is able to afford itself repentance, reformation, learning, progress....every 'transition' can be seen as positive, as long as such opportunity exists.

Life takes care of every soul and its life-path, since all movements are governed by universal laws, a primary one being cause/effect, sequence/consequence (karma). Such is the 'law of compensation'. The grant of free will also conditions or modifies one's experience.

KingdomRose

Unfortunately, the Bible was written by inspired human beings. It did not come out of holy whole cloth from God. There are too many translations, versions, interpretations, contradictions and discrepancies to assert that it is the "Word" of God.

The Holy and the Sacred--the Divine--can only be received from finite human beings. And nothing that is finite can ever fully grasp the infinite.

The only way anyone can described the holy, the sacred, the divine or the infinite is to use the language of myth and metaphor. It can't be described "as it is."

"The only way anyone can describe the holy...is to use the language of MYTH & METAPHOR"? I don't argue with "metaphor," but "MYTH"? That doesn't make any sense. The things God is telling us from the Bible are not myths. They are real, and many things are told straightforwardly. Many things are also presented in metaphor, such as the parable of the Rich Man & Lazarus (Luke 16), the destruction of the wicked in Gehenna (translated erroneously as "Hell"), and the so-called destruction of the earth in 2Peter.

KingdomRose

Also....Why does anyone want to go to heaven? I don't see the sense. We were made to live on earth---a physical place, doing physical things. God did not create the planet for nothing, but "formed it to be inhabited." (Isaiah 45:18) Genesis tells us that humans were made to have a close relationship with God and to fill the earth with righteous people and also to take care of the earth and its occupants.(Genesis 1:26,28; 2:15) His plans never fail. Adam dropped the ball, but we will have the opportunity to pick up where he left off. That is what God wanted from the beginning.

xfrodobagginsx

Christians were not made for this earth. The Church was made to be with Christ who is now in heaven. Christians will be given a Spiritual Body and will rule and reign with Christ when He comes back to this earth. The Jews will inherit the earth.

iouae

Every death without Christ is horrible.

I often hear believers speak of their longing to "go home" - meaning die.

I think every death, with or without Christ is horrible, and I do not wish on myself to "Go home". I want to hang around here for as long as my quality of life is good.

Death is the enemy of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.