How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, All Religions

Epoisses

Grace doesn't apply to the rejects and that proves "all" doesn't mean every mankind like you want it to mean

OK unbeliever let me break it down for you. The atonement was universal but this only exists 'in Christ' and Christ is in heaven. The application of the atonement to the unbelieving heart of man is not universal. Surely you can see that what happened at the cross is different that what happens in an idividual's life?

Epoisses

Nah

He simply took Christian doctrine into the land of solidity and sensibility, away from the fanatical minded who embrace theological mayhem.
You all don't like it because it reveals your intellectual follies and inconsistencies.

'Reform' means to 'improve', you see- you all make a mess of it.

Refute me, intellectual! I bet you can't.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I know you don't want none. Go read a book and pump your brain.

I could and have many of times on this site given insight into Calvinism which, to be frank, you all don't know what to do with. You all run away from it and come back with the nonsense you are spewing now.

Just to put into reality why I stated what I stated in my last post :rotfl:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You're an unbeliever so it's foolishness to your carnal mind.
Silly responses.
In other words, in this topic pate believes in unlimited free will with superpowers above God's powers. He tells God what to do. So do you. Either of you are superman. Superman is a comic character. Its make believe but your superman comic books could have some value. Why don't you stop reading them and sell it to feed the poor.

Nanja

You preach a false gospel of hyper-grace where no faith or repentance is required.

Faith and Repentance are not a work of the flesh a carnal person does to get himself saved, that's not even possible:

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

But Faith, or Repentance, Gr. metanoia, is "a change of mind, change in the inner man"; it's a Blessing from God given in New Birth to those who were Chosen In Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5, the Head of the Body, His Church, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9. So He gives them repentance and acknowledgment of the Truth.

Col. 1:18-19
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

2 Tim. 2:25-26
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

So those who were Chosen In Union with Christ before the foundation shall Believe the Truth because God had Chosen them to that Purpose:

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

~~~~~

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You all run away from it :

Nah. Calvinism isn't that scary. Calvinists simply misinterpret Scripture and change the Character of the true God of the Bible. It's difficult to debate folks that follow "Another Gospel." They just don't interpret Scripture the same way as those who are non-Calvinists. Therefore, there can be no meeting of the minds. It's an exercise in futility.

Epoisses

I could and have many of times on this site given insight into Calvinism which, to be frank, you all don't know what to do with. You all run away from it and come back with the nonsense you are spewing now.

Just to put into reality why I stated what I stated in my last post :rotfl:

Pick a point and let's go.

Epoisses

Silly responses.
In other words, in this topic pate believes in unlimited free will with superpowers above God's powers. He tells God what to do. So do you. Either of you are superman. Superman is a comic character. Its make believe but your superman comic books could have some value. Why don't you stop reading them and sell it to feed the poor.

Absolute sovereignty is a myth and Calvinists are living proof. The omnipotent power of the Almighty can't bring them to faith and repentance. They made skip-wreck of their faith.

Epoisses

Faith and Repentance are not a work of the flesh a carnal person does to get himself saved, that's not even possible:

I never said they were.

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. Rev. 2:2-5

The words of Jesus trump the words of Paul. Jesus was very 'works' oriented.

beloved57

The only one that has been elected is Jesus Christ. God chose him to be the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

God is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34.

If you want to be saved you will have to come to Christ as a repentant sinner and call upon him to save you, Romans 10:13.
False statements not found in the scriptures!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Absolute sovereignty is a myth and Calvinists are living proof. The omnipotent power of the Almighty can't bring them to faith and repentance. They made skip-wreck of their faith.
The Man-Abasing Doctrine of God's Absolute Sovereignty by A. W. Pink

This doctrine of the absolute Sovereignty of God is a great battering-ram against human pride, and in this it is in sharp contrast from the “doctrines of men.” The spirit of our age is essentially that of boasting and glorying in the flesh. The achievements of man, his development and progress, his greatness and self-sufficiency, are the shrine at which the world worships today. But the truth of God’s Sovereignty, with all its corollaries, removes every ground for human boasting and instils the spirit of humility in its stead. It declares that salvation is of the Lord-of the Lord in its origination, in its operation, and in its consummation. It insists that the Lord has to apply as well as supply, that He has to complete as well as begin His saving work in our souls, that He has not only to reclaim but to maintain and sustain us to the end. It teaches that salvation is by grace through faith, and that all our works (before conversion), good as well as evil, count for nothing toward salvation. It tells us we are “born, not of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:13). And all this is most humbling to the heart of man who wants to contribute something to the price of his redemption and do that which will afford ground for boasting and self-satisfaction.

But if this doctrine humbles us it results in praise to God. If, in the light of God’s Sovereignty, we have seen our own worthlessness and helplessness we shall indeed cry with the Psalmist “All my springs are in Thee” (Psa. 87:7). If by nature we were “children of wrath,” and by practice rebels against the Divine government and justly exposed to the “curse” of the Law, and if God was under no obligation to rescue us from the fiery indignation and yet, notwithstanding, He delivered up His well-beloved Son for us all; then how such grace and love will melt our hearts, how the apprehension of it will cause us to say in adoring gratitude “Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory, for Thy mercy, and for Thy truth’s sake” (Psa. 115:1). How readily shall each of us acknowledge “By the grace of God I am what I am!

(from*Chapter 12*of*The Sovereignty of God, Arthur W. Pink)

Robert Pate

Banned
The Man-Abasing Doctrine of God's Absolute Sovereignty by A. W. Pink

This doctrine of the absolute Sovereignty of God is a great battering-ram against human pride, and in this it is in sharp contrast from the “doctrines of men.” The spirit of our age is essentially that of boasting and glorying in the flesh. The achievements of man, his development and progress, his greatness and self-sufficiency, are the shrine at which the world worships today. But the truth of God’s Sovereignty, with all its corollaries, removes every ground for human boasting and instils the spirit of humility in its stead. It declares that salvation is of the Lord-of the Lord in its origination, in its operation, and in its consummation. It insists that the Lord has to apply as well as supply, that He has to complete as well as begin His saving work in our souls, that He has not only to reclaim but to maintain and sustain us to the end. It teaches that salvation is by grace through faith, and that all our works (before conversion), good as well as evil, count for nothing toward salvation. It tells us we are “born, not of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:13). And all this is most humbling to the heart of man who wants to contribute something to the price of his redemption and do that which will afford ground for boasting and self-satisfaction.

But if this doctrine humbles us it results in praise to God. If, in the light of God’s Sovereignty, we have seen our own worthlessness and helplessness we shall indeed cry with the Psalmist “All my springs are in Thee” (Psa. 87:7). If by nature we were “children of wrath,” and by practice rebels against the Divine government and justly exposed to the “curse” of the Law, and if God was under no obligation to rescue us from the fiery indignation and yet, notwithstanding, He delivered up His well-beloved Son for us all; then how such grace and love will melt our hearts, how the apprehension of it will cause us to say in adoring gratitude “Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory, for Thy mercy, and for Thy truth’s sake” (Psa. 115:1). How readily shall each of us acknowledge “By the grace of God I am what I am!

(from*Chapter 12*of*The Sovereignty of God, Arthur W. Pink)

You and Pinky have overlooked one very important fact.

God's sovereignty does not overide his justice, mercy and righteousness. All that God does he does within the bounds of his just, holy, merciful, righteous nature.

Calvinism makes God unjust.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

God's sovereignty does not overide his justice, mercy and righteousness. All that God does he does within the bounds of his just, holy, merciful, righteous nature.

Your post got noted agian and agian and added to the huge database of lies you have already committed. I'm surprised tol has enough storage space to store your lies. You have so many of them.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your post got noted agian and agian and added to the huge database of lies you have already committed. I'm surprised tol has enough storage space to store your lies. You have so many of them.

You apparently think that God is a sinner like you.

Epoisses

It's important to attack Calvinism at their weak points. Absolute sovereignty sounds very plausible to the untrained but there are many things that God either cannot or will not do. Doesn't mean he is not omnipotent he just lets sinners reap what they have sown.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You apparently think that God is a sinner like you.
The butterfly effect of your early lies grew so big and so many, you got numbed and blinded to it. You need to reboot and review all the lies you have been caught red handed and reform yourself like read all of the Bible agian, not just parts of it