How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, All Religions

Sonnet

Calvinists believes Jesus saves all his people. Look it up. Evidence are there.

Which entails never preaching the words 'Christ died for our sins' to the unsaved. Paul did - see 1 Corinthians 15:11 where 'this' refers to the gospel (vv3b-5).

Your theology opposes the very Gospel it purports to define.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I don't think so.

"He was pleased out of the common mass of sinners to adopt "SOME CERTAIN PERSONS" as a peculiar people to himself". Canons of Dort, First head: Article #10.
Election is the unchangeable purpose of God, whereby, before the foundation of the world, He has out of mere grace, according to the sovereign good pleasure of His own will, chosen from the whole human race, which had fallen through their own fault from the primitive state of rectitude into sin and destruction, a certain number of persons to redemption in Christ, whom He from eternity appointed the Mediator and Head of the elect and the foundation of salvation. This elect number, though by nature neither better nor more deserving than others, but with them involved in one common misery, God has decreed to give to Christ to be saved by Him, and effectually to call and draw them to His communion by His Word and Spirit; to bestow upon them true faith, justification, and sanctification; and having powerfully preserved them in the fellowship of His son, finally to glorify them for the demonstration of His mercy, and for the praise of the riches of His glorious grace; as it is written "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." (Eph 1:4-6). And elsewhere: "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." (Rom 8:30).

Canons of Dort (1.7)

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Which entails never preaching the words 'Christ died for our sins' to the unsaved. Paul did - see 1 Corinthians 15:11 where 'this' refers to the gospel (vv3b-5).

Your theology opposes the very Gospel it purports to define.
Scripture speaks of God as having chosen for salvation a great number of our fallen race and having sent Christ into the world to save them (JOHN 6:37-40, 10:27-29, 11:51-52; Rom. 8:28-39; Eph. 1:3-14; 1 Pet. 1:20). Christ is regularly said to have died for particular groups or persons, with the clear implication that his death secured their salvation (JOHN 10:15-18,27-29; Rom. 5:8-10, 8:32; Gal. 2:20, 3:13-14, 4:4-5; 1 John 4:9-10; Rev. 1:4-6, 5:9-10). -J. I. Packer

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Scripture speaks of God as having chosen for salvation a great number of our fallen race and having sent Christ into the world to save them (JOHN 6:37-40, 10:27-29, 11:51-52; Rom. 8:28-39; Eph. 1:3-14; 1 Pet. 1:20). Christ is regularly said to have died for particular groups or persons, with the clear implication that his death secured their salvation (JOHN 10:15-18,27-29; Rom. 5:8-10, 8:32; Gal. 2:20, 3:13-14, 4:4-5; 1 John 4:9-10; Rev. 1:4-6, 5:9-10). -J. I. Packer

While you were buzzing about you got into some bad pollen called Calvinism. The cure for your condition is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, It is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
While you were buzzing about you got into some bad pollen called Calvinism. The cure for your condition is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, It is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16.
You said I didn't believe in jesus when I do but you will always say that cause you will always believe in your own lies as all the evidence points to it in plain view for everyone to confirm, repeatedly. So repeat away. Have fun

Robert Pate

Banned
You said I didn't believe in jesus when I do but you will always say that cause you will always believe in your own lies as all the evidence points to it in plain view for everyone to confirm, repeatedly. So repeat away. Have fun

If you believed in Jesus you would not need Calvinism.

It isn't Calvinism plus the Gospel. it is the Gospel plus NOTHING.

Epoisses

You believe in a weak, false Jesus who can't save to the uttermost.

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Neither one was a contradiction, so how do you figure 'another' :rolleyes:

That was not the point at all. You completely just went over the whole thing with drivel.

Until you all pick up a capacity to follow along with what is stated, I don't really feel a point in speaking with you all- the only thing being done is you and others simply trying to 'shoot nukes' at every individual thing stated instead of acknowledging the broad point at hand.

Broad point ?