How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

God's Truth

Is this what you are trying to say?

1 John 1:8-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Trying to say?

God's Truth

Is this what you are trying to say?

1 John 1:8-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

What I am trying to say?

Is that your way of saying you agree with me?

lifeisgood

The Gentiles were without God in the world because they didn't do the works of the law.

The works of the law are the purification works.

Romans 2:14 - Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is no such scripture that says that.

The only thing that counts for anything in the Bible is faith.

Works and obedience count for NOTHING.

God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him.

You will have to find that out in the judgment, "But Lord, Lord, didn't I...?" Matthew 7:21-23.

God's Truth

Works and obedience count for NOTHING.

You say the opposite of what God says:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind.

God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him.
That is bizarre.

We are to offer our bodies as living sacrifices.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.
You will have to find that out in the judgment, "But Lord, Lord, didn't I...?" Matthew 7:21-23.

Read that scripture more carefully...they didn't repent of their sins.

God's Truth

This is what Pate said, stop trying to twist your way out of error that you posted.

And you think this scripture says that all we have to do is have faith and not obey?

Galatians 3:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Nowhere does that scripture say not to obey.

The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.
James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.
Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known.

glorydaz

You say the opposite of what God says:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts.

Well, by all means lets not consider the context. This is the way God's UNtruth misleads and perverts God's word. "Keeping God's commands is what matters" refers to these particular rules Paul lays out concerning husbands and wives. He gives his personal opinion by permission, but not from the Lord, and others from the Lord.

1 Cor. 7:6-12 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. 7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. 8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not,​

Paul uses the same example in all three of these verses. Note Faith, new creature, and then these commands. Through faith we become new creatures which leads us to follow the Lord's will for us in our lives. This is not a list of rules as the workers put themselves under. It's why we have liberty in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

God's Truth

Well, by all means lets not consider the context. This is the way God's UNtruth misleads and perverts God's word. "Keeping God's commands is what matters" refers to these particular rules Paul lays out concerning husbands and wives. He gives his personal opinion by permission, but not from the Lord, and others from the Lord.

1 Cor. 7:6-12 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. 7 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. 8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not,​

Paul uses the same example in all three of these verses. Note Faith, new creature, and then these commands. Through faith we become new creatures which leads us to follow the Lord's will for us in our lives. This is not a list of rules as the workers put themselves under. It's why we have liberty in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

You will never be on the side of the truth until you preach obedience.

Anyone preaching against it is preaching against the Word.

Jesus tells us what to do, his words are life.

To say Jesus says no more do but believe---it is to silence the Lord and Creator.

lifeisgood

You will never be on the side of the truth until you preach obedience.

Anyone preaching against it is preaching against the Word.

Jesus tells us what to do, his words are life.

To say Jesus says no more do but believe---it is to silence the Lord and Creator.

YOU, gt, NEITHER do NOR OBEY Jesus EXACTLY, even though you BOAST of it.

Being that you are 'I'm better than all of you' one, and YOU OBEY Jesus EXACTLY, have you started YOUR ministry in Jerusalem EXACTLY AS JESUS COMMANDED? I can't use Jesus command to 'sell everything and give to the poor' because you have already confessed that that COMMAND of Jesus is not for you, but THEN you BOAST that YOU, gt, OBEY, Jesus, EXACTLY ----which you, gt, DON'T (not because you don't want to but because YOU CAN'T obey Him exactly because what He says was not for you, for example, start preaching from Jerusalem, etc.).

But, you, gt, boast that you do obey Jesus exactly and then when questioned, you confess that you don't.

And, please, do not come back with 'Well, well, well, that's NOT WHAT JESUS MEANT.' You, gt, are a DISobedient servant boasting that YOU OBEY your master EXACTLY and then when asked sheepishly say, "Well, Jesus did not mean what He said.' And yes, if you want, I can get some of your quotes about your NON-obedience.

lifeisgood

Spoiler

Spoiler

gt's motto is 'I, gt, DISREGARD CONTEXT and pick and choose whatever I, gt, want and make it fit my false doctrine.'

God's Truth

YOU, gt, NEITHER do NOR OBEY Jesus EXACTLY, even though you BOAST of it.
It is not hard to do, it is easy, it is plainly written.
Follow Jesus' instructions.
Being that you are 'I'm better than all of you' one, and YOU OBEY Jesus EXACTLY, have you started YOUR ministry in Jerusalem EXACTLY AS JESUS COMMANDED?

I am telling everyone to do what Jesus says because it can be done and I want others to have the same experience like I have.

I can't use Jesus command to 'sell everything and give to the poor' because you have already confessed that that COMMAND of Jesus is not for you, but THEN you BOAST that YOU, gt, OBEY, Jesus, EXACTLY ----which you, gt, DON'T (not because you don't want to but because YOU CAN'T obey Him exactly because what He says was not for you, for example, start preaching from Jerusalem, etc.).

Jesus made a Last Will and Testament/Covenant. He doesn't say that all have to give everything away. I have told you that many times. You think you are so clever telling untruths about what I have said.

But, you, gt, boast that you do obey Jesus exactly and then when questioned, you confess that you don't.
If you don't obey exactly, then you are doing things from your own imagination and not from God.
And, please, do not come back with 'Well, well, well, that's NOT WHAT JESUS MEANT.' You, gt, are a DISobedient servant boasting that YOU OBEY your master EXACTLY and then when asked sheepishly say, "Well, Jesus did not mean what He said.' And yes, if you want, I can get some of your quotes about your NON-obedience.

It is a shame that you have to accuse me to defend your false doctrines.

Tell me, is there ANYTHING that you do that Jesus says to do?

God's Truth

gt's motto is 'I, gt, DISREGARD CONTEXT and pick and choose whatever I, gt, want and make it fit my false doctrine.'

That is another technique you use to try to disprove what Jesus says...out of context? Really? No. Jesus' words are true no matter what you throw at it.