How Religion Perverts the Nature and Character of God

Robert Pate

Banned
All religions have one thing in common, they all pervert the nature and the character of God. It is not possible to be saved if you believe that God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrighteous tyrant. It is not possible for you to be saved if you do not believe that God is Holy, righteous and perfect in all that he does.

Salvation all ways has been and always will be by faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ. We who are saved believe that God and his Son Jesus Christ are perfect in word and in deed. We believe the scriptures when the scripture says... "God so loved the world (humanity) that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever that believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. We embrace these kind of scriptures because they reveal God's great love for fallen humanity.

Religion on the other hand will either pervert these scriptures or try to make them of no effect. Satan hates the simplicity of the Gospel. The fact that... Whosoever that does nothing more than believe on Jesus to be saved is an offense to the religious. They want us to believe that God requires, works, predestination, baptism, etc and without these things you are lost. They are perverters of the nature and the character of God and are enemies of the cross.

PureX

"How Religion Perverts the Nature and Character of God"

Religion cannot pervert the nature or character of God. It can only pervert our IDEA OF GOD'S NATURE AND CHARACTER. And it can only do that when we're too naive to understand the difference between an immutable, inexplicable God, and our idea of God.

auyl

I think you're not looking at it properly. Yes, charismatic people have used religion to push their own agendas, I'm not naïve enough to deny that. However, Jesus himself commands us to observe baptism and communion. No respectable church says that these are required for salvation but they are sacraments that the Lord Jesus told us to observe. I disagree with any institution which requires you to believe certain doctrines that are not the basic faith requirements that you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. Some sacraments in certain church structures are not commanded by anyone in the Bible but baptism and communion are. Again, it doesn't mean you'll be condemned if you don't observe them, but it says something about your faith and character if you don't.

musterion

Jesus himself commands us to observe baptism and communion...Again, it doesn't mean you'll be condemned if you don't observe them, but it says something about your faith and character if you don't.

What does it say?

Truster

The words religion and religious did not appear in the original manuscripts. An etymological study of the English term religion shows it is from a Latin word religo, which means to bind up. Religion binds people in rules, regulations or ritualistic traditions of devotion.
The English word religion is mistranslated 5 times in the NT and religious 2 times.

Robert Pate

Banned
"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

The only thing that God requires for the salvation of the ungodly is faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Works, predestination, baptism, etc, are not an indication of faith, but can be an indication of the absence of faith.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The only thing that God requires for the salvation of the ungodly is faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Doesn't God require Christians to be religious in the sense that the word is defined in the NT?

Robert Pate

Banned
Doesn't God require Christians to be religious in the sense that the word is defined in the NT?

My definition of religion.

RELIGION: Man's preoccupation with his own spirituallity.

The only thing that God accepts for the salvation of the fallen sinner is faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

God does not accept the works or obedience of religious sinners.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The NKJV uses the word devout instead of religious.

The NASB uses God-fearing.

The NIV uses devout.

So I have to ask why do you see devout and God-fearing as wrong?

egyptianmuslim

Religion cannot pervert the nature or character of God. It can only pervert our IDEA OF GOD'S NATURE AND CHARACTER. And it can only do that when we're too naive to understand the difference between an immutable, inexplicable God, and our idea of God.

God is above our knowledge, nothing like Him

Robert Pate

Banned
Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes... (Acts 13:43 KJV)​

You didn't finish the scripture.

...persuaded them to continue in the grace of God...

To continue in the grace of God is to continue in the Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
The NKJV uses the word devout instead of religious.

The NASB uses God-fearing.

The NIV uses devout.

So I have to ask why do you see devout and God-fearing as wrong?

It is not wrong.

There is a Christian life to be lived, it is lived out of love for God and gratitude for what Christ has done for us.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My definition of religion.

RELIGION: Man's preoccupation with his own spirituallity.

The only thing that God accepts for the salvation of the fallen sinner is faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

God does not accept the works or obedience of religious sinners.

What I put in bold is true, however, you take it to mean all religion, and the instruction of ministers as somehow perverted. This is not true!

Robert Pate

Banned
What I put in bold is true, however, you take it to mean all religion, and the instruction of ministers as somehow perverted. This is not true!

The ministers that I know of that embrace the Gospel as their only means of salvation, do not belong to an organized church, nor are they associated with a denomination.

They are not religious.

Truster

God is above our knowledge, nothing like Him

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am Yah Veh which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith Yah Veh.

I glory in the fact I know my Creator and I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see Elohim: