How Religion Perverts the Gospel and the Lordship of Jesus Christ

genuineoriginal

If you thinks works will get you to heaven you are sorely mistaken.
If you got that from what I said, then you are sorely mistaken.

But, you also showed that you misunderstood Paul's writing, and that puts you in a special group of people.

2 Peter 3:14-16
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you got that from what I said, then you are sorely mistaken.

But, you also showed that you misunderstood Paul's writing, and that puts you in a special group of people.

2 Peter 3:14-16
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.​

I am satisfied with my relationship with Jesus and the Father. I know that I do not have to work for my salvation and that my salvation was paid for at the cross. Have a nice evening.

genuineoriginal

I am satisfied with my relationship with Jesus and the Father.
It appears you misunderstand that relationship.
I know that I do not have to work for my salvation and that my salvation was paid for at the cross.
No, you do not have to work for your salvation, but you are a slave that was bought at a high price and are obligated to work for your master who bought you with His blood.
If you refuse, then you have nothing to complain about if you are cast into outer darkness.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am satisfied with my relationship with Jesus and the Father. I know that I do not have to work for my salvation and that my salvation was paid for at the cross. Have a nice evening.

The purpose of salvation is not for retirement, it is for service to God and his Son. You will be rewarded according to your works. Jesus said so.

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)​

Robert Pate

Banned
Being justified by His blood and being saved from wrath are two separate events.
You won't be saved from wrath without first being justified by His blood, but being justified by His blood will not automatically ensure that you will be saved from wrath.

What kind of a salvation is that? You have no assurance of your salvation.

All that have been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus are "in Christ" Colossians 3:3.

They are eternally saved and are not under any condemnation, Romans 8:1.

OCTOBER23

-------------
YEAH, BUT YOU FIRST HAVE TO BE WALKING AND DOING WHAT CHRIST

SAID TO DO guy.

Robert Pate

Banned
-------------
YEAH, BUT YOU FIRST HAVE TO BE WALKING AND DOING WHAT CHRIST

SAID TO DO guy.

All who are "In Christ" and are true believers, not counterfeits, will walk in the Spirit.

beloved57

Being justified by His blood and being saved from wrath are two separate events.
You won't be saved from wrath without first being justified by His blood, but being justified by His blood will not automatically ensure that you will be saved from wrath.

You have a strange religion , it is not found in the scripture !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The purpose of salvation is not for retirement, it is for service to God and his Son. You will be rewarded according to your works. Jesus said so.

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)​

:duh: You didn't read Ephesians 2:10.

False Prophet

Look at how religionists on this board pervert the Gospel. One of them displayed pictures of Martin Luther, John Knox, Jonathan Edwards, and a host of others as prophets of God. They are pictures of men! They give glory to men, and not to the Lord Jesus Christ.
9 And you are receiving the goal of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

10 The prophets searched carefully and tried to learn about this salvation. They prophesied about the grace that was coming to you. 11 The Spirit of Christ was in the prophets, telling in advance about the sufferings of Christ and about the glory that would follow those sufferings. The prophets tried to learn about what the Spirit was showing them, when those things would happen, and what the world would be like at that time. 12 It was shown them that their service was not for themselves but for you,
1 peter 1

They come out and tell you that the Word of God was for yesterday. Is not Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever? All the prophets from Samuel onward have prophesied about these days. The message of salvation and the judgment of the last days was not for them but for you!

genuineoriginal

What kind of a salvation is that? You have no assurance of your salvation.
How much fear and trembling do you use to work out your own salvation?

Philippians 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.​

Oh, right, none at all.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Look at how religionists on this board pervert the Gospel. One of them displayed pictures of Martin Luther, John Knox, Jonathan Edwards, and a host of others as prophets of God. They are pictures of men! They give glory to men, and not to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Look how "Other"s on this board pervert the Gospel. One of them displays a picture of Clark Kent for his own self as a prophet of God. This is a picture of a fictional alien humanoid. This gives glory to fantasy, and not to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you see how silly that sounds? I hope so.

Proverbs 26:5

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
How much fear and trembling do you use to work out your own salvation?

Philippians 2:12
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.​

Oh, right, none at all.

What Paul meant was... Know how you are saved.

Know and understand the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Robert Pate

Banned
Look how "Other"s on this board pervert the Gospel. One of them displays a picture of Clark Kent for his own self as a prophet of God. This is a picture of a fictional alien humanoid. This gives glory to fantasy, and not to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you see how silly that sounds? I hope so.

Proverbs 26:5

AMR

It appears that you hold men's persons in admiration. Who are all of those guys on the bottom of your heading?