repentance
forgiving
forgiveness
death

then and only then are you saved

Neg repped

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation?

If your mindset is how much you can get away with by being saved, chances are you arent.

For those who have experienced actual salvation, it cannot be lost.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Ephesians 1:13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How much can I get away with and still make it in with you guys?

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

LA

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
1b2zWMY.jpg

:think: waldo cake

oatmeal

How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation? Lying? Lusting? I think this should help to clear up the OSAS misunderstandings. How much can I get away with and still be saved?

Let's start by listing the 33 things that happens to a believer the moment he or she gets saved.
Otherwise known as Positional Truth.

1. Redemption

Romans 5:1 was true, is true and remains true for all those who believe on the name of the lord Jesus Christ.

However, although you do not lose salvation/eternal life as a result of sinning, you do lose out on the goodness of God you could have been receiving if you were faithful to believing God and His words.

I John 3:19-22

In other words, the time you wasted sinning was time you should have spent redeeming the time to do God's will and thus receive from God what His word promises. You miss out on the benefits of believing God.

You have stunted your progress in achieving Ephesians 4:15

Last edited: