ECT How much can I get away with?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Only those who do the will of the Father, persevering to the end, will be saved. One must lose their life to save it. Faith without works is dead.

And, you're "DEAD" wrong! That, comes from the book of James! And,
James wasn't referring to the gentiles, the Body of Christ or a "true"
child of God today! You're preaching falsely! Paul's Gospel is what is
for today! Posters ought to be reading/studying, Paul's writings.
(Romans through Philemon) The 'whole' Bible is for us (The Gentiles)
however, the whole Bible is not all 'about' us! The Bible MUST be rightly
divided in order to be understood correctly!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why are you concerned of my walk? I don't have to justify my walk to anyone but Jesus.

I am spreading Jesus' messages, not mine.

I am only a messenger.

You ONLY trust in "Matthew, and Mark" and ignore the rest of the Bible!
You, in my opinion are lost! You hate The Apostle Paul and therefore,
cannot be a 'True Believer' because, Paul's Gospel is the only true
Gospel for today! Unless you abide by Paul's Gospel you will stand
before God and be judged according to your "works" and will go into
eternal damnation! You have 'rejected' the salvation message, thus
far!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, Open Theism is a damned heresy because it rejects God and God's sovereignty.

What do you mean? It seems like Calvinists see God as week. He is not free to change the future. Maybe I misunderstand you. Or maybe you misunderstand what God says about himself in the Bible.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Only a natural man of the flesh would even ask that question. :)

Nope. :)
Baby believers too! And carnal believers.

I disagree.

"Baby believers" are freshly delivered from the world....they have the simple faith of a child. Their thought is NOT how much sin they can get away with, but are rejoicing in how much sin has been forgiven them.

"Carnal believers" are still under the law...thus not believers at all. They aren't dead to sin, therefore they are still striving to enter into the rest by their own efforts.

Those are nice observations. However the scriptures indicate clearly otherwise. For example Peter says to desire the milk of the word...
Men don't desire because God's grace is irresistable? :rolleyes: They resist God's grace every day (Jn 3:19). After enough of that God withdraws from them (Ge 6:3, Ro 1:28-32). They will not believe the truth or yield to God's law so they will rightfully and poetically believe a lie (2 Thess 2:9-12).

Men have the seed of sin in them (Ps 51:5). They must be born again (1 Pe 1:23). Sometimes it takes time for the sinner's sin to come to full fruition (Jas 1:15) but it comes out (1 Co 6:9-11).

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us (1 Jn 2:19).

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame (Heb 6:4–6).

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot (Heb 10:28-29).

See:

The Potter and the Clay J Vernon McGee

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Heb 10:26-27
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
(NKJ)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
His point is to show the absurdity of any doctrine that teaches that man can sin his way out of salvation.

It comes down to men's desires (Ps 1:1-3). If they desire what the devil desires, they are his (Jn 8:44); If they desire what God desires, they are his (1 Jn 5:18).

Do you love God and hate evil? Do you love his people? Ps 26:5, 1 Jn 3:14.

Levolor

The time to reach spiritual adulthood is 3-5 years. If the new believer does not mature he becomes a carnal believer and had to be re-taught the first principles if the faith - soteriological truth.
In my observation

Let me understand this... you are saying that in order to be mature you must learn the doctrine of salvation within three to five years?

Also, is there a point in the list you provided that indicates maturity?

Thanks.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Even asking the question, how much can I get away with, reveals a heart centered on itself and not on a God. A heart that loves God is not looking for ways to avoid God's morals.

Some people get stuck in temptations and struggle with them. While your observation is correct it does not disqualify or delete the fact that everyone at some point asks this question whether he is living like a Pharisee and asks it from a judgmental heart towards his fellow man or if he is a publican who beats his chest in shame. The answer is there is nothing that can separate him from the love of God not even himself.

Are you giving yoursself an excuse to sin? :Shimei: Ro 6:15. Is there something you are trying to "get away with"? Your sin can be uncovered by God (1 Kin. 21:17–26) or by man (Josh. 9:3–22). You may be sure that your sin will find you out (Ga 6:7, Nu 32:23, 2 Co 5:10, Mt 10:26).
367b35ec45accddaa2dca589ec3e6cf1.gif

"Sin will take you farther than you ever expected to go; it will keep you longer than you ever intended to stay, and it will cost you more than you ever expected to pay." ~ Deeper Still Event Series

oatmeal

No. A warning.

A warning regarding what?

That you are good at mocking and persecuting Christians?

That is par for the course for believers in this age of grace.

Acts 2:13

Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

Acts 17:32

And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

Mock on!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
And, you're "DEAD" wrong! That, comes from the book of James! And,
James wasn't referring to the gentiles, the Body of Christ or a "true"
child of God today! You're preaching falsely! Paul's Gospel is what is
for today! Posters ought to be reading/studying, Paul's writings.
(Romans through Philemon) The 'whole' Bible is for us (The Gentiles)
however, the whole Bible is not all 'about' us! The Bible MUST be rightly
divided in order to be understood correctly!

Grosnick getting worked up.

Truster

How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation? Lying? Lusting? I think this should help to clear up the OSAS misunderstandings. How much can I get away with and still be saved?

Let's start by listing the 33 things that happens to a believer the moment he or she gets saved.
Otherwise known as Positional Truth.

1. Redemption

The question is not how much sin can you get away with. The question should be ''do you enjoy any sin'? if the answer is yes then your profession is in vain.

The best way to get around this of course is to deny that certain areas of your life are sinful. That your 'mildly' sinful transactions will be winked at (overlooked) by the Almighty. Acts 17:30
Or you can attempt to ignore your conscience by getting drunk, taking drugs or applying liberal quantities of Bible study and worship.

Or you can, by careful study, familiarise yourself with the doctrine of sin and in so doing, ''know your enemy'' and if grace is granted you will hate your enemy instead of asking can I fraternise with him?

Truster

PS and having done that pray:

Search me, O Elohim, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

....and keep praying.

oatmeal

The question is not how much sin can you get away with. The question should be ''do you enjoy any sin'? if the answer is yes then your profession is in vain.

The best way to get around this of course is to deny that certain areas of your life are sinful. That your 'mildly' sinful transactions will be winked at (overlooked) by the Almighty. Acts 17:30
Or you can attempt to ignore your conscience by getting drunk, taking drugs or applying liberal quantities of Bible study and worship.

Or you can, by careful study, familiarise yourself with the doctrine of sin and in so doing, ''know your enemy'' and if grace is granted you will hate your enemy instead of asking can I fraternise with him?

Actually, that was the question

You might want to read his OP again.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation? Lying? Lusting? I think this should help to clear up the OSAS misunderstandings. How much can I get away with and still be saved?

Let's start by listing the 33 things that happens to a believer the moment he or she gets saved.
Otherwise known as Positional Truth.

1. Redemption

what can you get away with?
what a question
you are already off track
what happens after you get saved?
you are not saved
and
this is what must happen before you are

redemption
repentance
forgiving
forgiveness
death

then and only then are you saved

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Or you can learn the bible way...you are dead to sin, victory [as with everything else] comes by the revelation of God's word.

Sin loses all it's power, the power of sin is the temptation to do something wrong, against the law, in the dark, forbidden...but we are children of the day, everything is out, everything is done in clear view.

Whatchu messing about with all that for? walk upright, walk in the Spirit and do not fulfil the desires of the flesh.

...of course you think Paul was writing Ro.7. about his Christian walk so that is your comfort....if Paul served God with his mind but Satan with his flesh as apostle [do you really think so?] then that is your license to sin.

Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ he was delivered from such a body of death...and so will you.

Truster

Out come all the nominal trusters who have never experienced the regeneration and are walking in the flesh.