ECT How much can I get away with?

andyc

How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation? Lying? Lusting? I think this should help to clear up the OSAS misunderstandings. How much can I get away with and still be saved?

Let's start by listing the 33 things that happens to a believer the moment he or she gets saved.
Otherwise known as Positional Truth.

1. Redemption

You are starting this thread without really understanding how the word "sin" is translated from Greek. If we understand that there is the act of sin, and the rebellious nature of sin that seeks to justify the sinful lifestyle/nature, we need to know what is meant by "how much sin?"

How many vile sinful acts must a person commit before they're rejected? Scripture doesn't say.
The reason why, is because sin is not imputed to those who believe, otherwise righteousness cannot be of faith. The ultimate sin which condemns a person to hell, is unbelief in the heart. A person must reject Christ from their heart.

The Hebrews writer tells us that it is possible to be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin, and this is what is significant. The problem is not so much the sin act that a sincere believer has committed, but rather how they deal with the conviction. The deceitfulness of sin listens to a source presenting a justification clause like.....Sin doesn't matter because Jesus suffered for it all anyway, or, scriptures that seem to condemn particular sins are misinterpreted etc.
Once people start to justify what scripture condemns, they have hardened their heart. If faith in Christ comes from the heart, it is important for the heart not to become callous by continually rebelling, otherwise ...............

Hebrews 3:12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God

So it is not an act of sin that leads to departure, it's simply to no longer believe from the heart. This condition of apostasy is not reversible, and such a person would have no desire to return.
It is not talking about someone who has experienced tragedy, and out of bitterness blames God, and for a while feels let down. To feel this way, it shows that such a person is still in faith, but is hurting.

genuineoriginal

The cake is a lie.

The_cake_is_a_lie.jpg

OCTOBER23

GOD HAS BILLIONS OF ANGELS WATCHING YOU PERSONALLY ALL DAY LONG.

--YOU ARE THEIR SOAP OPERA - "AS THE WORLD TURNS":):luigi::peach::p

Hebrews 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight:

but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him

with whom we have to do.

glorydaz

You are starting this thread without really understanding how the word "sin" is translated from Greek. If we understand that there is the act of sin, and the rebellious nature of sin that seeks to justify the sinful lifestyle/nature, we need to know what is meant by "how much sin?"

How many vile sinful acts must a person commit before they're rejected? Scripture doesn't say.
The reason why, is because sin is not imputed to those who believe, otherwise righteousness cannot be of faith. The ultimate sin which condemns a person to hell, is unbelief in the heart. A person must reject Christ from their heart.

The Hebrews writer tells us that it is possible to be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin, and this is what is significant. The problem is not so much the sin act that a sincere believer has committed, but rather how they deal with the conviction. The deceitfulness of sin listens to a source presenting a justification clause like.....Sin doesn't matter because Jesus suffered for it all anyway, or, scriptures that seem to condemn particular sins are misinterpreted etc.
Once people start to justify what scripture condemns, they have hardened their heart. If faith in Christ comes from the heart, it is important for the heart not to become callous by continually rebelling, otherwise ...............

Hebrews 3:12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God

So it is not an act of sin that leads to departure, it's simply to no longer believe from the heart. This condition of apostasy is not reversible, and such a person would have no desire to return.
It is not talking about someone who has experienced tragedy, and out of bitterness blames God, and for a while feels let down. To feel this way, it shows that such a person is still in faith, but is hurting.

That's a good post, Andy, except for the part in yellow....which is addressed here.

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How much can I get away with?

I don't think there is anything we can get away with, for whatever it is we may feel good and do the happy dance but in the Book of Acts we read --

Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked (winked at KJV 1611), but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
Acts 17:31
because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.

glorydaz

How much can I get away with?

I don't think there is anything we can get away with, for whatever it is we may feel good and do the happy dance but in the Book of Acts we read --

Acts 17:30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked (winked at KJV 1611), but now commands all men everywhere to repent,
Acts 17:31
because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.

Welcome back, Psalmist. It's good to see you.

I do the happy dance because I DID change my mind (repent) about God and believed unto righteousness. Now I am safe within the shelter of His Arms. :)

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome back, Psalmist. It's good to see you.

I do the happy dance because I DID change my mind (repent) about God and believed unto righteousness. Now I am safe within the shelter of His Arms. :)
Amen and Amen!

Thanks...Back for just a bit for now.

Safe In The Arms Of Jesus

Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast,
There by His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.
Hark! ’tis the voice of angels, borne in a song to me.
Over the fields of glory, over the jasper sea.

Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast
There by His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.

Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations, sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow, free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials, only a few more tears!

Jesus, my heart’s dear refuge, Jesus has died for me;
Firm on the Rock of Ages, ever my trust shall be.
Here let me wait with patience, wait till the night is over;
Wait till I see the morning break on the golden shore.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Watching You

All along on the road to the soul’s true abode,
There’s an Eye watching you;
Ev’ry step that you take this great Eye is awake,
There’s an Eye watching you.

As you make life’s great flight, keep the pathway of right,
God will warn not to go in the path of the foe,

Fix your mind on the goal, that sweet home of the soul,
Never turn from the way to the kingdom of day,

Watching you, watching you,
Mind the course that you pursue;
Yes, watching you, yes, watching you,
For there’s an all-seeing Eye watching you.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How much sin can I get away with before I lose my salvation? Lying? Lusting? I think this should help to clear up the OSAS misunderstandings. How much can I get away with and still be saved?

QUOTE]

This is such a great place

Sent from my iPhone using TOL