ECT How is this even possible given Romans 3:10??

Cross Reference

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:2-4 (KJV)

Last edited:

glorydaz

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:2-4 (KJV)

God has always counted those who trust in Him to be righteous. Paul, in Romans 3:10 is quoting from Psalms that compares the unbelievers (children of men) with "my people" (righteous).

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Psalm 14:1-5
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord. There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

OCTOBER23

Isaiah 26:2–4 (KJV 1900)
2 Open ye the gates, That the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. 3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on thee: Because he trusteth in thee. 4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: For in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

=------------------------------------------------------------=

The Comforter gives you peace of mind and Hope for a better future.

The verse also refers to JESUS/JEHOVAH.

Cross Reference

"If you seek Me , you will find me, IF, you search for me with all your heart! " Jer. 29:13 KJV.

But there is none righteous, no, not one!!

OMT: I don't believe this "seeking and finding" as prescribed, is not affected one bit but merely intensified when one is born again with the reward as well being Isa. 26:3 KJV only intensified.

Last edited:

glorydaz

"If you seek Me , you will find me, IF, you search for me with all your heart! " Jer. 29:13 KJV.

But there is none righteous, no, not one!!

None righteous among unbelievers.....as the Psalms make clear. Paul cites those Psalms for a reason, but no one seems to pay attention to what they say. The "children of men" are unbelievers.....fools who say in their heart there is no God. They do not seek God and are workers of iniquity.

Psalm 14 and Psalm 53....read them. God has always counted righteousness to those who trust Him.

Cross Reference

". . . . . then began men to call upon the name of the Lord." Gen. 4:26 KJV

Trusting is a prerequisite, a requirement and in the case of Gen 4:26, a given.

glorydaz

". . . . . then began men to call upon the name of the Lord." Gen. 4:26 KJV

Trusting is a prerequisite, a requirement and in the case of Gen 4:26, a given.

Showing some men have always sought God. Which is why it's so important to understand what Paul is talking about in Romans 3:10, and not assume, as the Calvinists do, that Paul is talking about man's inability to seek God. His quoting of the Psalm is strictly pertaining to the ungodly...the workers of iniquity.

Romans 3:10-12
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.​

oatmeal

Who can stand before God and declare that they don't need God's righteousness?

Who can declare, "I have no need of God"

Who?

Cross Reference

Showing some men have always sought God. Which is why it's so important to understand what Paul is talking about in Romans 3:10, and not assume, as the Calvinists do, that Paul is talking about man's inability to seek God. His quoting of the Psalm is strictly pertaining to the ungodly...the workers of iniquity.

Romans 3:10-12
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.​

I know all that and have been saying so for years on this forum. Where have you been except to argue against me on the occasions when Rom.3:10 was used in the topic in some way or other? You offered nothing then and do so now perhaps because you have found some "fresh" correction in the matter re man's salvation?

Cross Reference

Is God's supernatural work in the heart predicated on man's choosing of it? in other words, which came first - God's work or man's trust?
Why don't you answer that, if you are a Christian, that is? If not, what's missing, His work [provision] or your trust? Perhaps you aren't that interested to care?

popsthebuilder

How does one hope without faith?
Hope and Faith are not synonymous really. They are closely related but one is hoping, searching, being open to the possibility of salvation, perhaps out of desperation, and the other is the knowledge of that possibility of salvation, and as such not merely hope of the possibility, but adherence in one's life that actually reflects such.

I don't really care to talk about myself, but for the sake of example;

I was atheist for over twenty years, not knowing or believing in GOD. I was to a point where I felt powerless to change certain things in my life at that time. This eventual understanding that I myself didn't seem capable of a particular change left a hole in me as I considered myself quite capable of most anything with regards to endurance or pain previously. With much internal strife, and the observance of the actual need in my self for help that I couldn't give, I gained a small portion of hope, not Faith. Eventually that hope lead me to salvation by way of Christ under GOD.

Faith, for me personally, came after hope and initial salvation. Just my experience though. Not saying that there is any order to it per say.

Respectfully,
Peace

All praise and thanks is to our Lord and GOD.

Cross Reference

Hope and Faith are not synonymous really. They are closely related but one is hoping, searching, being open to the possibility of salvation, perhaps out of desperation, and the other is the knowledge of that possibility of salvation, and as such not merely hope of the possibility, but adherence in one's life that actually reflects such.

I don't really care to talk about myself, but for the sake of example;

I was atheist for over twenty years, not knowing or believing in GOD. I was to a point where I felt powerless to change certain things in my life at that time. This eventual understanding that I myself didn't seem capable of a particular change left a hole in me as I considered myself quite capable of most anything with regards to endurance or pain previously. With much internal strife, and the observance of the actual need in my self for help that I couldn't give, I gained a small portion of hope, not Faith. Eventually that hope lead me to salvation by way of Christ under GOD.

Faith, for me personally, came after hope and initial salvation. Just my experience though. Not saying that there is any order to it per say.

Respectfully,
Peace

All praise and thanks is to our Lord and GOD.

Thanks for that. However, couldn't you say faith kept you hoping . .which is my point?