ECT How is Paul's message different?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why did Paul call it his Gospel?

In the King James, Paul uses the phrase "my gospel" three times.

Paul also used the phrase "my Lord" two times.

Funny, how you won't find a Dispy claiming Paul had a different Lord than Peter, but you will find the Dispies claiming Paul had a different gospel than Peter.

And, Paul used the phrase "our gospel" three times, which is exactly how many times he used the phrase "my gospel".

Right Divider

Body part
Christ Jesus was the first to preach the mystery kept secret since the foundation of the world, not Paul:

(Matt 13:35 KJV) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.
PET VERSE #6

Tellalie never EVER attempts to show us that these two refer to the SAME "mysteries".

• What were these "THINGS"?
  • When were they revealed?
  • To whom were they revealed?
  • How do we know that these are the SAME "THINGS" that Paul says that God revealed to him?
It's so easy to throw these statements out with NO validation that they actually means what Tellalie claims that they do.

Danoh

Its obvious from the above, not that Jamie, Tet, and Inter are up to no good, rather, that this Mystery kept secret until Paul is "hid from them" by the same means as when the Lord would relate to the Twelve one thing or another about those things that belong to their peace, it "was hid from them" for their having been "slow of heart to believe" - it was hid from them by their own slowness of heart to believe...

I'm glad to see you three are not willfully up to no good. That it is just how you are approaching things that has you blind to the obvious.

At the same time; your result is the same - evil to be spoken of and warned against.

For you are actually opposining your own selves against your selves by your foolish and unlearned questions. I would wish that on no one.

2Tim 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can see that you can't answer those questions. Thanks for proving my point.

I can very easily answer your questions.

The problem with you Dispies is that most of you think there was one "the mystery".

There were many mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world.

For example: Both Jesus and Paul spoke of the mystery of iniquity

Jesus gave the parable of the weeds (wheat and tares)

The parable described the time period from 30AD to 70AD. The harvest occurred in 70AD.

Probably in the late 50's or early 60's, the Apostle Paul said the following:

(2 Thess 2:7 KJV) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The mystery of iniquity is described by Paul in 2 Thess 2:7, and when taken in it's full context (2 Thess 2:1-12) it is the same mystery Jesus gave in the parable of the weeds.

That's just one example.

So, the mystery of iniquity that Paul speaks of in 2 Thess 2 was not given to Paul first. It had already been given by Christ Jesus many years earlier.

All Paul did was elaborate on that particular mystery.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet another verse by Paul that has Paul telling us that it wasn't him who first was given the mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world:

(Eph 3:5 KJV) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Notice Paul doesn't say "now revealed unto me, and only me" by the Spirit.

Paul makes it clear that the mysteries were revealed to apostles and prophets.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(1 Cor 4:1) This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed.

Once again, Paul makes it clear that the mysteries were not revealed to just him, nor were they given to him first.

Danoh

Yet another verse by Paul that has Paul telling us that it wasn't him who first was given the mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world:

(Eph 3:5 KJV) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

You're like Peter in his attempt to thwart the Lord's determined will to see Calvary through

Peter, in the resulting ignorance the slowness of his heart to believe had resulted in, had also believed he was doing good.

Wheat-tares/mystery of iniquity one and the same thought?

Until you get Darby out of your eye as what you think you are reading in the posts of some, The Mystery will remain hid from you by your very own hand - Darby has nothing to do with any of this. He was just one more man who had sought to better understand what you have continued to make yourself oblivious to.

That's pretty screwed up; to so dislike someone who had merely attempted to understand some things you are not even aware of the existence of yet, by your own hand.

But, have at it. The man is long since dead, is no longer pestered by such as you, and you are only damaging your own testimony before those principalities and powers said to be observing all this play out "by the church."

Right Divider

Body part
I can very easily answer your questions.
And yet..... you chose to use the old "answer a question with a question" rhetorical trick.

The problem with you Dispies is that most of you think there was one "the mystery".
Once AGAIN, you bash that straw-man of yours. I, for one, do NOT believe that there "was one 'the mystery'".

There were many mysteries hidden since the foundation of the world.
Yes, but when and to whom were each one revealed?

For example: Both Jesus and Paul spoke of the mystery of iniquity

Jesus gave the parable of the weeds (wheat and tares)

The parable described the time period from 30AD to 70AD. The harvest occurred in 70AD.
Once again Tellalie makes this assertion without any evidence. Tiring.....

Probably in the late 50's or early 60's, the Apostle Paul said the following:

(2 Thess 2:7 KJV) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The mystery of iniquity is described by Paul in 2 Thess 2:7, and when taken in it's full context (2 Thess 2:1-12) it is the same mystery Jesus gave in the parable of the weeds.
Nonsense. Why? Because you say so?

Who is the HE in 2 Thess?

That's just one example.

So, the mystery of iniquity that Paul speaks of in 2 Thess 2 was not given to Paul first. It had already been given by Christ Jesus many years earlier.

All Paul did was elaborate on that particular mystery.
I guess that you are assuming that this is the case for all "the mysteries" as well.

Right Divider

Body part

And, of course, Tellalie has the list of apostles referred to here.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're like Peter in his attempt to thwart the Lord's determined will to see Calvary through

Peter, in the resulting ignorance the slowness of his heart to believe had resulted in, had also believed he was doing good.

Wheat-tares/mystery of iniquity one and the same thought?

Until you get Darby out of your eye as what you think you are reading in the posts of some, The Mystery will remain hid from you by your very own hand - Darby has nothing to do with any of this. He was just one more man who had sought to better understand what you have continued to make yourself oblivious to.

That's pretty screwed up; to so dislike someone who had merely attempted to understand some things you are not even aware of the existence of yet, by your own hand.

But, have at it. The man is long since dead, is no longer pestered by such as you, and you are only damaging your own testimony before those principalities and powers said to be observing all this play out "by the church."

Um......nothing you posted even comes close to addressing Eph 3:5

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I did NO such thing.

Yes you did

You're such liar that you just can't stop lying.

You asked: "but when and to whom were each one revealed?"

On one hand you claim the mysteries were given to Paul and no one else, then you asked when and to whom each mystery was revealed.

I tried to help you out. I suggested you, or another Darby Follower make a list of all the mysteries in the NT.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes you did
Your redundant repeating yourself over and over and over does not make it true.

You asked: "but when and to whom were each one revealed?"

On one hand you claim the mysteries were given to Paul and no one else, then you asked when and to whom each mystery was revealed.

I tried to help you out. I suggested you, or another Darby Follower make a list of all the mysteries in the NT.
I guess that you're just to dense to understand there is more than ONE mystery and SOME of those mysteries were revealed FIRST to Paul.

Interplanner

Your redundant repeating yourself over and over and over does not make it true.

I guess that you're just to dense to understand there is more than ONE mystery and SOME of those mysteries were revealed FIRST to Paul.

The mystery of the change of believers to immortality (I Cor 15) and the mystery of Israel's hardness are the minority topic. In the majority about the mystery is that the believers from the nations are included in the Christian community through the Gospel. This is what Rom 16, Eph 1, 3, Col 1, 2, 4 are about. Judaism thought it was going to happen through the Law. They replaced the promise with the Law, Gal 3:17. The Christian message is that all believers, regardless of type, access the messianic fellowship only through the Gospel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I'm the one who has made it clear that there were more than one mystery.

I have asked you to show us the mysteries, so that we can see which mysteries you claim were first revealed to Paul.

So, please list which mysteries you think were first revealed to Paul and no one else before Paul?

Danoh

Um......nothing you posted even comes close to addressing Eph 3:5

That's a good self-portrait.

Now - stand in front of your glass darkly and repeat it until the Lord returns...

O when the Romans...
The Roman army.
O when the Romans come marchin in...
O Lord is that you in their number,
That Tet's delusion sees you in.

In 70AD..
In 70AD!
Missed A 9D...
Missed A 9D!

Mud in your eye..
Tet-te-le-stai.