How I KNOW it is God's will to heal all who desire it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I did not say that.

Yes, when they existed. The point of the signs and wonders were for unbelievers (1 Cor 14:22), not believers - specifically, the unbelieving Jews Paul always went to first (1 Cor 1:22). Not one of you practice the "gifts" you think you possess as Paul instructed. Not one of you go out speaking tongues to non-English speaking unbelievers or lay hands on them while preaching Christ. You keep it all 'in house.' On that point alone you are in violation of Scripture.

The completed revelation of the mystery is what Paul was talking about. That arrived before he died, coinciding with the end of the miracles and the final setting aside of Israel.

Signs and wonders are for those who believe. When Paul was preaching he perceived a certain man had FAITH to be healed and he told him to stand up.

Tongues are for sign to the Jews, for the church they are given for edification. That is why interpretation is given to the gentile church but we do not see interpretation given to the Jewish church.

We see no evidence that Paul ever preached in tongues to foreigners, his counsel is that it is better in the assembly to speak five words in language that people understood than to speak in tongues except when interpretation is given.

If you do not minister yourself in the gift of the Holy Ghost by what power then do you minister...human wisdom?

What was Paul's completed revelation?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I love you brother but if you think that's yours to claim, you be sure to claim it next time your health goes south. Let us know if God sends someone to lay hands and raise you up whole without you darkening the door of a doctor's office.

Do you believe it?

1 Peter 2:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

By the way, did you notice that Peter uses the past tense, done deal. It's part of the atonement.

Isaiah 53:3-5 King James Version (KJV)

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hiya, Totten. :)

I totally agree with you that Jesus never turned anyone away who came to Him for healing. He healed them all.

I do take issue with the idea of "desire it", however. Seems to me that God does not respond to want or need, but instead responds only to faith. Maybe it's just me, but 'desire it' sounds like wanting.

God bless.

Thanks....OK but I am assuming the desiring one is presenting themselves to Christ for healing.

Healing is part of salvation, no Jew would have understood salvation in any other way. To be saved means to be made every whit whole. Delivered from evil.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sorry, that's a cop out. That's shows no faith in the gifts you say He still gives.

No this thread I about healing specifically, not about the gifts.

Himself bare our sins
Himself bare our sicknesses and carried our diseases.

Healing was bought and paid for at the cross.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And please keep in mind, Tot...soon after I was saved, God gave me the only miraculous, instantaneous healing I've experienced (so far, anyway). So I am not an absolute cessationist. I just believe from the biblical pattern of evidence and timing between Acts and Paul's letters that God no longer uses human healers because the sign gifts were withdrawn upon Israel's fall.

I do not believe in human healers any more than I believe in human saviours, You were healed at the cross.

I do believe in laying hands on the sick...but the healing comes from God.

Lon

In 2 Kings 20, Hezekiah's life was prolonged, but it was no a permanent solution. If all it requires if faith, we'd see Christians living to at least 120. That, and no matter the faith, none of the disciples survived axes.

It is COMPLETELY within the will and mercies of God, where one is healed or not. According to this world, I am an alien.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In 2 Kings 20, Hezekiah's life was prolonged, but it was no a permanent solution. If all it requires if faith, we'd see Christians living to at least 120. That, and no matter the faith, none of the disciples survived axes.

It is COMPLETELY within the will and mercies of God, where one is healed or not. According to this world, I am an alien.

Hez was dying by reason of a boil the boil was healed. You mean Christians would fare as well under the magnificently more glorious gospel of grace as the Jews did under the fading ministration of the law.

We are speaking about sickness and disease not the persecutions of men. We do not look to escape the cross.

Salvation as well as healing is COMPLETELY within the will and mercies of God, not all are saved, all who come to Christ are saved.

You are saying God is a chance deal, finicky. God is not finicky He works according to eternal counsels.

You have to show a single instance of somebody who came to Christ [who IS the will of God] for healing but who was sent away.

Healed them ALL . He saves ALL who come to Him for salvation "Himself bare our sins"
His will is to heal ALL who come to Him for healing "Himself bare our sickness"

Nobody questions, nobody throws an apopolectic fit, or like Naaman go into a rage when you say Christ will save ALL who come to Him in faith. "Himself bare our sins" that settles it.

But when you speak about healing 1,000 voices of doubt, anger and disbelief are raised against it.

....perhaps that is why people believe one half of the gospel but not the other half.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
There is only one question to answer and that is what is God's will? God's will and God's word are one. If you know what God's will is regarding any matter you can have faith, if you do not know God's will concerning any matter you can hope but you cannot have faith.

Faith is certainty, faith is KNOWING.

One day a leper kneeled before Jesus and said "Lord if it be Thy will Thou canst make me clean"

Jesus touched him and said "I will be thou clean"

Beside the written word of God which is God's will we have another testimony to God's will, in fact the written word is given to bear witness to this testimony of God's will for man.

Jesus Christ our Lord IS the perfect revelation of God's will for mankind,
all who will come to Him, there never will, this side of glory, be a greater revelation of God and God's will for man than the Lord Jesus Christ.

He said "I have not come to Mine own will but I have come to do the will of Him who sent Me and this is His will that I should lose nothing of all that He has given to Me but that I will raise it up at the last day."

Whatever things that Christ did, you can be CERTAIN that is God's will. There is simply no record of Him ever not healing anybody who came believing, He never ever said "go thy way for God is not willing to heal you/He wants to teach you/purify you/glorify Himself in this sickness"

He healed everyone.

Don't need to even read it (so I wont). You're theological studies are stunted and you seek the sensational as a motive of faith.

Right Divider

Body part
No this thread I about healing specifically, not about the gifts.

Himself bare our sins
Himself bare our sicknesses and carried our diseases.

Healing was bought and paid for at the cross.
You are very confused about the scripture and fail put everything in its proper place.

When the kingdom of heaven comes to earth, there will be healing for everyone (just like there was in Acts 5:16 where they healed EVERYONE).

During this currently dispensation, Gods grace is sufficient for a believer (just like God told Paul).

If you don't rightly divide the Word of Truth, you'll make a confused mess of the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.