How I KNOW it is God's will to heal all who desire it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There is only one question to answer and that is what is God's will? God's will and God's word are one. If you know what God's will is regarding any matter you can have faith, if you do not know God's will concerning any matter you can hope but you cannot have faith.

Faith is certainty, faith is KNOWING.

One day a leper kneeled before Jesus and said "Lord if it be Thy will Thou canst make me clean"

Jesus touched him and said "I will be thou clean"

Beside the written word of God which is God's will we have another testimony to God's will, in fact the written word is given to bear witness to this testimony of God's will for man.

Jesus Christ our Lord IS the perfect revelation of God's will for mankind,
all who will come to Him, there never will, this side of glory, be a greater revelation of God and God's will for man than the Lord Jesus Christ.

He said "I have not come to Mine own will but I have come to do the will of Him who sent Me and this is His will that I should lose nothing of all that He has given to Me but that I will raise it up at the last day."

Whatever things that Christ did, you can be CERTAIN that is God's will. There is simply no record of Him ever not healing anybody who came believing, He never ever said "go thy way for God is not willing to heal you/He wants to teach you/purify you/glorify Himself in this sickness"

He healed everyone.

musterion

Paul, through whom great miracles were wrought, left Trophimus sick at Miletus and told Timothy to take a little wine for his oft infirmities.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul, through whom great miracles were wrought, left Trophimus sick at Miletus and told Timothy to take a little wine for his oft infirmities.
Not to mention that Paul also asked for healing for himself (to have his thorn in the flesh removed), but did not receive what he asked for.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes and then there was Timmy's tummy, you always know when talking about healing these two gnats will surface as opposed to the whole overwhelming weight of testimony of healing and deliverance of the NT.

However it does raise points of discussion that are worth dwelling on, for example we have what Paul calls "the perfect will of God" and I am a great admirer of Corrie ten Boom, I am talking about serving the Lord through great stress and sorrow. In Corrie's case you can still say although 3 of her immediate family died at the hands of the Nazis and she herself suffered greatly through serving the Lord...still...God's perfect will for Corrie was that she would be well. Just as Paul could have lived very well and comfortably in preaching the gospel, like Peter and the other apostles, leading a wife around with him....yet he gave all that up in order to bring the blessings of God to the [then] uncivilised world of the heathen.

In her later ministry Corrie not only ministered healing and deliverance she herself received healing.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Not to mention that Paul also asked for healing for himself (to have his thorn in the flesh removed), but did not receive what he asked for.

Not to mention that Paul's thorn in the flesh was an evil spirit sent to buffet him by Satan....that's all the beatings, nakedness and hunger, the shipwrecks etc.

OCTOBER23

----------------------------------------

knowing what?

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

musterion

Yes and then there was Timmy's tummy

That is a disgusting and childishly dismissive way to refer to it. I expected better from you.

you always know when talking about healing these two gnats will surface as opposed to the whole overwhelming weight of testimony of healing and deliverance of the NT.
Gnats? You truly are ate up with the spirit of charismaticism. Those two "gnats" came AFTER every other miracle you refer to CEASED.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
----------------------------------------

knowing what?

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Are you in Christ the Healer, does He dwell in you? I am not questioning that except to say IF you are in Christ, in His body....is He the Healer still?

God has given us the witness...we have the witness in the gospel....He healed them all.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is a disgusting and childishly dismissive way to refer to it. I expected better from you.

Gnats? You truly are ate up with the spirit of charismaticism. Those two "gnats" came AFTER every other miracle you refer to CEASED.

nit picking, gnat picking.

Can you show where Paul said that any of the gifts are ceased and where he exhorted us no longer to earnestly desire them.

Do you have some additional doctrines of the bible?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exodus 15:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Can you show where Paul said that any of the gifts are ceased and where he exhorted us no longer to earnestly desire them.

Do you have some additional doctrines of the bible?

None of the gifts have ceased! If they have i must be shown where it says so.

musterion

He said that rather early in his ministry, when God was still attempting to provoke Jews with miracles no Gentile should have anything to do with... especially right there at church of Corinth with a synagogue right next door.

Until that which is complete came. It has, so the partial is long gone. Let go of the partial. It's for infants.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

Yes we have a much more glorious covenant than the Jews yet they fared better than we do.

musterion

I love you brother but if you think that's yours to claim, you be sure to claim it next time your health goes south. Let us know if God sends someone to lay hands and raise you up whole without you darkening the door of a doctor's office.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
He said that rather early in his ministry, when God was still attempting to provoke Jews with miracles no Gentile should have anything to do with... especially right there at church of Corinth with a synagogue right next door.

Until that which is complete came. It has, so the partial is long gone. Let go of the partial. It's for infants.

So the perfect you say has come, the bible...

The bible earnestly exhorts us to earnestly desire the gifts.

Not that the bible was the perfect Paul was talking about. The church got the bible and more than a thousand years of Roman Catholicism followed.

musterion

So the perfect you say has come, the bible...

I did not say that.

The bible earnestly exhorts us to earnestly desire the gifts.
Yes, when they existed. The point of the signs and wonders were for unbelievers (1 Cor 14:22), not believers - specifically, the unbelieving Jews Paul always went to first (1 Cor 1:22). Not one of you practice the "gifts" you think you possess as Paul instructed. Not one of you go out speaking tongues to non-English speaking unbelievers or lay hands on them while preaching Christ. You keep it all 'in house.' On that point alone you are in violation of Scripture.

Not that the bible was the perfect Paul was talking about. The church got the bible and more than a thousand years of Roman Catholicism followed.
The completed revelation of the mystery is what Paul was talking about. That arrived before he died, coinciding with the end of the miracles and the final setting aside of Israel.

Levolor

There is only one question to answer and that is what is God's will? God's will and God's word are one. If you know what God's will is regarding any matter you can have faith, if you do not know God's will concerning any matter you can hope but you cannot have faith.

One day a leper kneeled before Jesus and said "Lord if it be Thy will Thou canst make me clean"

Jesus touched him and said "I will be thou clean"

Beside the written word of God which is God's will we have another testimony to God's will, in fact the written word is given to bear witness to this testimony of God's will for man.

Jesus Christ our Lord IS the perfect revelation of God's will for mankind,
all who will come to Him, there never will, this side of glory, be a greater revelation of God and God's will for man than the Lord Jesus Christ.

He said "I have not come to Mine own will but I have come to do the will of Him who sent Me and this is His will that I should lose nothing of all that He has given to Me but that I will raise it up at the last day."

Whatever things that Christ did, you can be CERTAIN that is God's will. There is simply no record of Him ever not healing anybody who came believing, He never ever said "go thy way for God is not willing to heal you/He wants to teach you/purify you/glorify Himself in this sickness"

He healed everyone.

Hiya, Totten. :)

I totally agree with you that Jesus never turned anyone away who came to Him for healing. He healed them all.

How I KNOW it is God's will to heal all who desire it

I do take issue with the idea of "desire it", however. Seems to me that God does not respond to want or need, but instead responds only to faith. Maybe it's just me, but 'desire it' sounds like wanting.

God bless.

musterion

And please keep in mind, Tot...soon after I was saved, God gave me the only miraculous, instantaneous healing I've experienced (so far, anyway). So I am not an absolute cessationist. I just believe from the biblical pattern of evidence and timing between Acts and Paul's letters that God no longer uses human healers because the sign gifts were withdrawn upon Israel's fall.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I love you brother but if you think that's yours to claim, you be sure to claim it next time your health goes south. Let us know if God sends someone to lay hands and raise you up whole without you darkening the door of a doctor's office.

Sometimes he sends a doctor ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.