• I love it!!! :up:

Votes: 56 69.1%
  • It's OK.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I liked the old verion better. :down:

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

Aimiel

It seems to work better, but it is too bright, I'm wearin' shades now, when I surf TOL... :cool:

Nomad

New features are good, but I preferred the old ones. What irks me is the size that a short post will take up because of the big size of the stuff to the left...and I liked the pretty icons. But perhaps that's just me

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The new features are great!

One thing I'm not crazy about is the italicized fonts in quote boxes. Italics look good on Macs, but look horrible on Windows machines. I mean, I only get stuck using Windows now and then, but poor SOTK has to look at those jagged fonts all the time! ;)

I do like that the font in quote boxes is full-sized.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I think you did a great job Knight. Probably shouldn't even post here yet, as I'm still discovering new features. (found a cool one in the "search" today)

"I like sharp color contrast", could be my only complaint, but no problem, I've come to like the "TOL LITE (expanded)" setting.

Minerva

I love it...the only thing I can say, is that it would be cool if the users could all suggest new things next time. It is great though, change is always welcome! Great job!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

One thing I'm not crazy about is the italicized fonts in quote boxes. Italics look good on Macs, but look horrible on Windows machines. I mean, I only get stuck using Windows now and then, but poor SOTK has to look at those jagged fonts all the time! ;)

I think I can fix that. :)

SOTK

I haven't actually noticed that, Turbo. In Win XP, all you have to do is select the "ClearType" tab in Display Properties to smooth things out. I guess the inexperienced user wouldn't know that. ;)

I am currently using Vista, where ClearType is selected automatically. :up:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The one thing that was anoying the snot out of me, got fixed brfore I even said anything about it. The signature line was, at first, right up near the body of the message, and I was getting it confused with the post! Thanks for fixing that! Also it seems that The Reputation list is gone while the rep system remains in tact. This keeps it in place for comments but puts less focus on it. :up:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think you did a great job Knight. Probably shouldn't even post here yet, as I'm still discovering new features. (found a cool one in the "search" today)

"I like sharp color contrast", could be my only complaint, but no problem, I've come to like the "TOL LITE (expanded)" setting.

It's kind of like getting a new car. You end up finding new stuff even 6 months down the road. :D

I just noticed the bigger selection of more commonly used smilies at the bottom of the reply box.

I thought the brightness would bother me but I'm getting used to it.

The one thing that was anoying the snot out of me, got fixed brfore I even said anything about it. The signature line was, at first, right up near the body of the message, and I was getting it confused with the post!

I was glad to see this change as well. :up:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Awsome awsome awsome!

(...about the only thing I would swap would be "grape" for "blueberry" :D )

GuySmiley

I love it!

Here's my only criticism: I really liked in the AoS forum the ability to choose a couple different color schemes. Maybe I'm weird (well, theres no maybe about it) but I really get sick of the same colors if I stare at them for hours, like I do on TOL!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I love it!

Here's my only criticism: I really liked in the AoS forum the ability to choose a couple different color schemes. Maybe I'm weird (well, theres no maybe about it) but I really get sick of the same colors if I stare at them for hours, like I do on TOL!
There are three (actually four) different style choices on TOL.

SUTG

The new color shecme is growing onme. It looks better now that you've siwthced the logo to black and added the black bar along the top. I also really dig your new avatar. Who is that? :chuckle:

I'm not too sure about what the new features are. Is there a thread on that?

My only complaint is that you've removed the ability to do alot of things in signatures.

All in all, great job! :cheers:

Did you do most of the coding yourself?

Oh yeah, and evolution is true.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The new color shecme is growing onme. It looks better now that you've siwthced the logo to black and added the black bar along the top. I also really dig your new avatar. Who is that? :chuckle:
It's me.... :duh: Can't you tell by the size of my brain?

I'm not too sure about what the new features are. Is there a thread on that?
There are a few.

My only complaint is that you've removed the ability to do alot of things in signatures.
We now have the ability to limit sigs which is a good thing. They can get out of control. In reality you can do more with your sig but you have to be a subscriber. :D

Did you do most of the coding yourself?
I'm just a hacker. I take what has already been coded and tweak it to suit my needs (all legally of course).

This particular upgrade was rather difficult because we were two MAJOR versions behind. We pretty much had to start from scratch.

Oh yeah, and evolution is true.
Evolution IS true, who doesn't believe in evolution? :idunno: