How Calvinism does away with God's Judgment

Robert Pate

Banned
If God has already decided who will be lost and who will be saved then why would there be a judgment?

Why would God judge people that have ALREADY been condemned to hell?

God is a God of judgment. All that are not found to be "IN CHRIST" will be condemned, Paul wrote, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them WHICH ARE IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" Romans 8:1. If you find yourself in hell it will not be because you were predestinated, it will be because you didn't have faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Calvinism is an attempt to do away with the Gospel and the judgment of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
The word "judgment" and "judgments" appears in the Bible about 428 times. A good part of the Bible is about God judging someone or something. It is no wonder that Calvinist would like to do away with the judgment. They declare that God has already decided who will be saved and who will be lost, no judgment needed. Paul said, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:10. I am afraid that Calvinist are going to be chasing John Calvin all over hell for leading them astray.

ttruscott

If God has already decided who will be lost and who will be saved then why would there be a judgment?

Why would God judge people that have ALREADY been condemned to hell?
Their condemnation was their sentence, already given as per Jn 3:18.
Their judgement refers to the fulfillment of their condemnation in their lives, ie, their banishment to the outer darkness.

The parable of the weeds teaches us that the judgment has been postponed so the sins of the elect good seed do not cause them to be pulled up with the weeds. Only when the sinful but good seed are mature in holiness will the judgment be fulfilled.

2 Timothy 2:14
Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

Robert Pate

Banned
Their condemnation was their sentence, already given as per Jn 3:18.
Their judgement refers to the fulfillment of their condemnation in their lives, ie, their banishment to the outer darkness.

The parable of the weeds teaches us that the judgment has been postponed so the sins of the elect good seed do not cause them to be pulled up with the weeds. Only when the sinful but good seed are mature in holiness will the judgment be fulfilled.

2 Timothy 2:14
Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
Anyway that you slice it. If God predestinates people to heaven or to hell then God is unjust. You didn't answer my question, Why would God judge people that have already been predestinated to hell?

ttruscott

Anyway that you slice it. If God predestinates people to heaven or to hell then God is unjust. You didn't answer my question, Why would God judge people that have already been predestinated to hell?
Of course I answered...judgement is the fulfilment of the predestination! No judgement and predestination fails and HE is revealed as a charlatan.

And HIS predestination of people to heaven or hell is NOT UNJUST IF HIS reason for predestination is based upon where they put their faith, in HIM as their GOD and Saviour or against HIM as a liar and a false god...

HE merely predestined us according to the FATE we chose when we heard the proclamation of HIS deity and the gospel, Col 1:23.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And HIS predestination of people to heaven or hell is NOT UNJUST IF HIS reason for predestination is based upon where they put their faith,

... As per His predestining them to do so, according to your system.

Your system has them putting their faith wherever he has predestined them to put it. Which is exactly the problem.

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course I answered...judgement is the fulfilment of the predestination! No judgement and predestination fails and HE is revealed as a charlatan.

And HIS predestination of people to heaven or hell is NOT UNJUST IF HIS reason for predestination is based upon where they put their faith, in HIM as their GOD and Saviour or against HIM as a liar and a false god...

HE merely predestined us according to the FATE we chose when we heard the proclamation of HIS deity and the gospel, Col 1:23.
Absolute hogwash.

According to Calvinism, God predestinated some to heaven and some to hell before the foundation of the world. No judgment was involved.

ttruscott

Absolute hogwash.

According to Calvinism, God predestinated some to heaven and some to hell before the foundation of the world. No judgment was involved.
As you might have noticed over the last 5 years or so, I am most decidedly NOT a Calvinist.

ttruscott

... As per His predestining them to do so, according to your system.

Your system has them putting their faith wherever he has predestined them to put it. Which is exactly the problem.
How interesting that no matter how I write it, there are those who replay or reframe it back to me as saying just the opposite of what I wrote. Always, sigh.

PCE theology puts everyone's choice of the FATE they wanted as the REASON FOR, THE PRECURSOR to HIS predestination of our lIVES to fulfill our choice. CHOICE first, then PREDESTINATION. And yes, this implies our existence and our choice was before the foundation of the world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How interesting that no matter how I write it, there are those who replay or reframe it back to me as saying just the opposite of what I wrote. Always, sigh.

PCE theology puts everyone's choice of the FATE they wanted as the REASON FOR, THE PRECURSOR to HIS predestination of our lIVES to fulfill our choice. CHOICE first, then PREDESTINATION. And yes, this implies our existence and our choice was before the foundation of the world.