Homophobia

Truster

If your hatred of sin has led you to hate the sinner - then you yourself are sinning, for hate is the antithesis of Christianity.

Love God, and love your fellowman - these are the Great Commandments from which all others derive. Hate is the opposite of love - it is evil.

Don't give me that nonsense about hate the sin and love the sinner for crying out loud. According to your perversion of the truth sin was destroyed in the flood, but all the sinners survived.

csuguy

Don't give me that nonsense about hate the sin and love the sinner for crying out loud. According to your perversion of the truth sin was destroyed in the flood, but all the sinners survived.

I never said anything like that. What I said was despite the sin, you are to love the sinner. That is God's example: and indeed the whole basis of our faith. For while we were sinners, God so loved the world that he sent his one and only son to die for us that we might be redeemed and reconciled to him. If God hated sinners as you do - he surely never would desire to save us, let alone send his son to die for us.

That we love someone doesn't mean that they are free to do whatever they want however - it doesn't excuse the sin. There needs to be repentance from the sinner so that they can be forgiven.

Truster

I never said anything like that. What I said was despite the sin, you are to love the sinner. That is God's example: and indeed the whole basis of our faith. For while we were sinners, God so loved the world that he sent his one and only son to die for us that we might be redeemed and reconciled to him. If God hated sinners as you do - he surely never would desire to save us, let alone send his son to die for us.

That we love someone doesn't mean that they are free to do whatever they want however - it doesn't excuse the sin. There needs to be repentance from the sinner so that they can be forgiven.

People do not repent in order to be forgiven. Sinners repent, because they have been justified.

csuguy

People do not repent in order to be forgiven. Sinners repent, because they have been justified.

Uh... that would be false. People repent to be forgiven.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Truster

Uh... that would be false. People repent to be forgiven.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Go forward to verse 41 and you'll discover that it was ''those that with pleasure received his word were baptised''.

I'm putting you on ignore because my soul cannot bare the perversity of your false teachings.

csuguy

Go forward to verse 41 and you'll discover that it was ''those that with pleasure received his word were baptised''.

I'm putting you on ignore because my soul cannot bare the perversity of your false teachings.

:plain:

Huckleberry

I never gave any approval for homosexuality: I said it is no worse than any other sin. Your hate is blinding you.

I disagree. I believe it is indeed among the worst sins, but considering a little leaven leaventh the whole lump it's almost neither here nor there.

I don't get why this is so hard for people to wrap their head around though. Everyone seems to either think it's the worse possible sin and to be a homosexual practically makes one the spawn of satan...or it's fine and dandy, not a big deal at all, nothing to make a fuss over.

It's a horrible, destructive thing taken on its own. It's right up there with murder in the Mosaic law. It's just plain wicked and very much so. Yet, at the same time, sin is sin. Weighing one against the other is almost pointless. Without Christ we would all be damned, whatever our particular, individual sins. Why is this so hard to keep in perspective? :idunno: