Homeschoolers?

Locke

im not attacking

im not attacking

pastorkevin said:
Our children are given a very well-rounded education! Locke, I would suggest you look into homeschooling a little more before attacking it. There are now millions of children around this country who are being homeschooled, so it isn't hard to find resources and information on the subject.

Im not attacking homeschooling, i was questioning it, i wasnt sure about it. I had preconceptions about it which have now changed through reading everyones posts.

It sounds like a good idea, if you have the time, money and oppurtunity to do it.

I come from a school background i have turned out okay coming from the public school system. both types of schooling have pros and cons, and of course it all ends up to personal choice.

PKevman

Yes you are right Locke. It is a thing that you must choose to do. I am glad you have seen the benefits. :)

Locke

pastorkevin said:
Yes you are right Locke. It is a thing that you must choose to do. I am glad you have seen the benefits. :)

i can see the benefits but it wont be what i will do when i have children.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Locke said:
i can see the benefits but it wont be what i will do when i have children.
If you've already made up your mind, then why are you still asking questions?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
Just wondering is homeschooling popular at all in Europe? I have a feeling it's not.
Here's an article I found on homeschooling in Europe. From the article:

Parents throughout Europe are becoming bolder about educating their children at home, even if it means defending their rights in court

* The continent that has adopted a single currency is a long way from unity on home education. Although data remains scarce, support groups in several countries claim that they are receiving increasing numbers of requests from parents looking for alternatives to formal school systems, a movement being matched by legislative attempts to curtail its practice.

And:

Petrie takes the debate one step further, emphasizing that the right to home education should be a principle of democracy. "I think it comes down to a question of how much confidence the state has in the parent's ability to know what is right for their own children. The debate hinges on that."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
pastorkevin said:
How many other homeschoolers are there out there?

:wave:

Imrahil said:
I believe it is generally very restricted or illegal in Europe.

Imrahil, your avatar is amazing! It's like nothing I've ever seen.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
pastorkevin said:
How many other homeschoolers are there out there?

Me! (well, my wife for the vast majority...)

We've been homeschooling for a over a year now. It's been neat so far. My wife loves doing it.