ECT Holiness, a gift of God or a commandment?

Cross Reference

In Christ we are sinless.

Old things are passing away; behold, all things are become new.

My old man is sinful; my new man is sinless.

Ok. I understand. So how does one "keep" his sinless state? I am assuming a sinless state of being is one upon whom there is no condemnation. Would that be correct?

When we move on I want to discuss this next with you: "Old things are passing away; behold, all things are become new."

theophilus

Ok. I understand. So how does one "keep" his sinless state? I am assuming a sinless state of being is one upon whom there is no condemnation. Would that be correct?

There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..Rom. 8:1.

When we move on I want to discuss this next with you: "Old things are passing away; behold, all things are become new."

OK. Go.

Truster

Holy adjective = spiritually whole. Set apart unto Elohim.

Holy noun = that which has been hallowed - set apart unto Elohim. Most translations of the Bible interchange holy with saints, which is wrong.

No man can make himself whole.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gal. 2:20

The flesh is decreasing and the holy is increasing.

Now that isn't the right answer. You are not a project. The old man is crucified. Dead, gone, buried. Turning over a new leaf is not a part of Holiness in the Body. In him, we are complete.

Gal. 2:20

The flesh is decreasing and the holy is increasing.

Yes, and holiness is both a gift and a commandment. The believer is clothed in the righteousness of Christ by grace through faith (Galatians 3:27), and also admonished to walk in the light (1 John 1:7) and grow (Ephesians 4:15). So, we have His holiness attributed to us, have become sons of God, and are to also attain to, be conformed to, His likeness:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

theophilus

I asked for the verse following Rom 8:1. Post them both together for a clear understanding.

I cannot stop at 2...:)

Rom. 8~ There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Cross Reference

I cannot stop at 2...:)

Rom. 8~ There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Everything following is incidental to walking after the Spirit. Try to see that. Concentrate on the walking after part.

Cross Reference

Yes, and holiness is both a gift and a commandment. The believer is clothed in the righteousness of Christ by grace through faith (Galatians 3:27), and also admonished to walk in the light (1 John 1:7) and grow (Ephesians 4:15). So, we have His holiness attributed to us, *have become sons of God, and are to also attain to, be conformed to, His likeness:

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

*Are becoming sons of God. It a process purposed for newly born again children of God to enter into.

*Are becoming sons of God. It a process purposed for newly born again children of God to enter into.

Disagree. One is born again a son of God by the Holy Spirit. We are (present tense) the sons of God (1 John 3:1-2), Hebrews 12 clear the believer is a child of God, as opposed to a bastard. That one is a baby or small boy does not make that child any less a son of their father, actually, that boy a son the minute the child is born. Also, you cannot earn the absolute holiness of Christ God demands, except by grace, through faith in His blood, are acceptable as He is acceptable and declared righteous as a gift of God, work your entire life you would still fall short on your own steam, period. You can't make yourself a son! You are or are not a child of the family of God, not a fraction of a son or not. This is positional sanctification.

Cross Reference

Disagree. One is born again a son of God by the Holy Spirit. We are (present tense) the sons of God (1 John 3:1-2), Hebrews 12 clear the believer is a child of God, as opposed to a bastard. That one is a baby or small boy does not make that child any less a son of their father, actually, that boy a son the minute the child is born. Also, you cannot earn the absolute holiness of Christ God demands, except by grace, through faith in His blood, are acceptable as He is acceptable and declared righteous as a gift of God, work your entire life you would still fall short on your own steam, period. You can't make yourself a son! You are or are not a child of the family of God, not a fraction of a son or not. This is positional sanctification.

Read it to understand it is a process of becoming one who knows the ways of His Father; something a baby is given to learn.

John 1:12 (KJV)