ECT Holiness, a gift of God or a commandment?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Thank you.

And I have.

Yep, you think you did.

Huh? How can a person have his house swept clean without first receiving the Holy Spirit?

The unclean spirit is our spirit.
It is unclean because it has only known what can be understood from living in the flesh.
Now he hears about Jesus and believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God.
Then he goes out walking in dry places seeking rest all the while making a fair show of not being at home in the flesh.
But he does not find rest.
So back home he goes to the flesh, ahhhhhhhh it's good to be home in this clean empty house it even smells good here.
But it is not good to be alone, so when he finds them seven women who also like to eat their own bread and swear they wont be any trouble well.........
He takes em home with him.

I'd have to say that at the fullness of these times is when the beginning of the times of refreshing from the presence of the Lord will appear.

I was praying for quickening when it pleased God to begin to reveal his son in me.

It was quite the surprise, as I was sure he was already in me.:)

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

Hebrews 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure;

but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Now that isn't the right answer. You are not a project. The old man is crucified. Dead, gone, buried. Turning over a new leaf is not a part of Holiness in the Body. In him, we are complete.

You think you turned yourself over to him.

:wazzup:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You think you turned yourself over to him.

I don't think that. I trust in his finished work at the cross. I will do nothing on my part. He did all of it already. For that, I received his life, which is eternal and a gift.

Cross Reference

If Jesus did it all then what is this all about?:

". . . . . These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."
Revelation 7:14 (KJV)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Colossians 2

9 For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; 10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

Romans 6

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,

1 Corinthians 6

11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.