hmmmm... Walker or Bush? who would I choose?

rainee

I'm not surprised you don't understand. You probably don't remember President Clinton's attack on the Second Amendment. That cost me some money. President Obama is also preventing non-automatic WWII era rifles from being "imported" back to the country that made them for South Korea. But I don't expect understanding from you or even a civil conversation. :sigh:

My mom said to ask them if there is any other part of the Constitution they don't like.

Caledvwlch

My mom said to ask them if there is any other part of the Constitution they don't like.

I didn't say I dislike the 2nd amendment. I just think that the idea that it is constantly in danger of being assaulted or repealed is not consistent with the evidence.

zoo22

I think I might organize a huge memorial rally to mourn all of the guns that commie-Obammie took away. Also I'm going to organize a huge memorial rally for all of the soda and cheese-food that his wide load Muslim wife took away. Nazis.

republicanchick

That's cool and everything, but none of those passages are Jesus quotes. Especially Isaiah.

I just have a hard time picturing the Jesus we see in the Gospels having the conniving, backstabbing, underhanded personality necessary for the daily grind of politics.

It's a compliment, not a dig.

dumb.. to say everyone in politics is corrupt and unchristian

just another way of making yourself look good..

hey, it doesn't work... needless to say

___

I didn't say I dislike the 2nd amendment. I just think that the idea that it is constantly in danger of being assaulted or repealed is not consistent with the evidence.
Obama and Holder dislike the 2nd Amendment and have done everything they can to restrict legal gun ownership. They are also racist as evidenced by their actions and inactions.

Clinton and Reno disliked the 2nd Amendment and killed Randy Weaver's family on false federal charges. Then we have the raid on the Branch Davidian Compound on more trumped up charges. I could go on but I got to go to work.

republicanchick

Obama and Holder dislike the 2nd Amendment and have done everything they can to restrict legal gun ownership. They are also racist as evidenced by their actions and inactions.

Clinton and Reno disliked the 2nd Amendment and killed Randy Weaver's family on false federal charges. Then we have the raid on the Branch Davidian Compound on more trumped up charges. I could go on but I got to go to work.

do you have a real job... or do you work for Congress... with people who say such things as We have to pass the bill to see what's in it...

arg.... :shocked::shocked:

+

Not with that attitude.

I'm totally down for civil conversation though if you change your mind. I do remember the ban from the Clinton era. I also know that it expired, and no comparable legislation has even stood a passing chance of being passed. There are fewer freedoms in this country that are more secure than your right to buy and own guns.

You can't say the same thing about quite a few of the other 9 amendments in the Bill of Rights.
Sorry about the attitude. I have medical issues.

Abortion and Gun Rights are hot button issues with me. If you want to discuss some of the other Amendments, that's fine. I believe in the freedom of speech, and I didn't mean to stiffle yours. Arguing Abortion or Gun Rights will be a fruitless discussion though.

Caledvwlch

Sorry about the attitude. I have medical issues.

Abortion and Gun Rights are hot button issues with me. If you want to discuss some of the other Amendments, that's fine. I believe in the freedom of speech, and I didn't mean to stiffle yours. Arguing Abortion or Gun Rights will be a fruitless discussion though.

Fair enough, and my "not with that attitude" was a little tongue-in-cheek. I know well enough not be be offended by a poster's tone or my perception of their tone.

What I'm wondering about, aside from a clever marketing campaign by gun manufacturers, is why do gun enthusiasts seem perpetually convinced that faceless liberal hordes are just one workplace shooting away from mass weapons confiscation? We know this idea to be demonstrably false. The facts do not bear it out. In reality, there seems to be no limit to the number of gun deaths that our society will tolerate. In other words, it just seems to me that you have nothing to worry about.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
why do gun enthusiasts seem perpetually convinced that faceless liberal hordes are just one workplace shooting away from mass weapons confiscation?

They aren't. But they drew a line in the sand at shall not be infringed and beat back all attempts at disarming by incrementalism.

Sitamun

I am not anti second amendment. However, I do think we can look at it and perhaps change some things, given how things have changed when the amendment was written. When it was written the United States had no standing army and it took 30 seconds to reload after firing one shot. My father is a firearm owner and collector and has been his entire adult life. That being said, he is also no longer a member of the NRA and hasn't been since the 1990's. He's not against some basic common sense changed and think the NRA are now a bunch of crazies with way too much power hence he's no longer a member.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reading your posts is like opening a fortune cookie. It's almost English, but not quite.

They were invented and come from California. According to Modern Marvels on the History Channel.

Speaking of which....some seasame kitten chicken sounds good.

Fair enough, and my "not with that attitude" was a little tongue-in-cheek. I know well enough not be be offended by a poster's tone or my perception of their tone.

What I'm wondering about, aside from a clever marketing campaign by gun manufacturers, is why do gun enthusiasts seem perpetually convinced that faceless liberal hordes are just one workplace shooting away from mass weapons confiscation? We know this idea to be demonstrably false. The facts do not bear it out. In reality, there seems to be no limit to the number of gun deaths that our society will tolerate. In other words, it just seems to me that you have nothing to worry about.
I can only speak for myself and my wife. We saw what happened when the Clinton-Gore team was in office. Whole classes of guns were arbitrarily classified as "assault weapons". That's a liberal lie. Those guns were nothing more than rifles with a militarish look to them. They functioned as rifles. The magazine ban was downright idiotic. Limiting pistols to 10 rds. So I either had to buy 15-40 rd mags at a higher price, or I could just buy more ten round mags. If it takes you more than 2 seconds to change to a fresh mag you need practice.

This was all gamesmanship to placate the liberal base of the Democratic party. What happened then? The Democrats lost the House. Obama and Holder have been limited to lies like the coverup of Fast and Furious. The Democrats now lost the Senate and the Republicans have a bigger majority in the House. They haven't helped themselves or the future of the Democratic party with their racist and anti-Semitic policies and rants. I will never apologize for being pro-Israel. I don't know if I could support anyone running for office who is not.

Last edited:

Caledvwlch

I can only speak for myself and my wife. We saw what happened when the Clinton-Gore team was in office. Whole classes of guns were arbitrarily classified as "assault weapons". That's a liberal lie. Those guns were nothing more than rifles with a militarish look to them. They functioned as rifles. The magazine ban was downright idiotic. Limiting pistols to 10 rds. So I either had to by 15-40 rd mags at a higher price, or I could just buy more ten round mags. If it takes you more than 2 seconds to change to a fresh mag you need practice.

This was all gamesmanship to placate the liberal base of the Democratic party. What happened then? The Democrats lost the House. Obama and Holder have been limited to lies like the coverup of Fast and Furious. The Democrats now lost the Senate and the Republicans have a bigger majority in the House. They haven't help themselves or the future of the Democratic party with their racist and anti-Semitic policies and rants. I will never apologize for being pro-Israel. I don't know if I could support anyone running for office who is not.

How'd this get to Israel?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The AWB was a way to make gun traders more money. So ask yourself where Clinton's priorities are.

Speaking of which Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold violated a large amount of gun control laws (17) in the process, as well as murder. Thank God their murder count was low as they are not as good at making explosive devices as McVeigh and Nichols who learned from muslims.

How'd this get to Israel?
I just threw that in because you call yourself a Left Winger. Unless you're referring to Hockey, I assume you must be pleased with the "progress" President Obama has made in all phases of his presidency. Or, where do you disagree with him? The floor is yours.