hi from scotland

Krsto

Howdy. My ancestors hale from the tribe of Gordon. I don't know if you would find that impressive or not since I don't know what Scots think of Gordons.

I was just reading about Laphroaig. I'm going to have to try it some time.

DarkAsylum

Which way are you voting in the Scottish referendum?
Am unsure weather i want Scotland to be independent.
The SNP have said they will abolish the bed room tax
me and my husband has to pay for our spare room its fifty pounds a month we do have it but that could have gone on food or gas
some people who are psychically disabled and who cant sleep next to there partner because of complication due to there disability have to pay for the spare room as well even though that room is used
I understand why they made the rules but they should have thought about disabled people more .
I think Scotland would do well independent we get a lot of tourist and there is money coming into the country but we would have to make new deals with other countries and who we are ailed with
There would need to have its own army and its own defenses
There are lots of pros and cons
I need to really think about it before i vote

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcome-4.gif

illusionray

Am unsure weather i want Scotland to be independent.
The SNP have said they will abolish the bed room tax
me and my husband has to pay for our spare room its fifty pounds a month we do have it but that could have gone on food or gas
some people who are psychically disabled and who cant sleep next to there partner because of complication due to there disability have to pay for the spare room as well even though that room is used
I understand why they made the rules but they should have thought about disabled people more .
I think Scotland would do well independent we get a lot of tourist and there is money coming into the country but we would have to make new deals with other countries and who we are ailed with
There would need to have its own army and its own defenses
There are lots of pros and cons
I need to really think about it before i vote
I really like Scotland, I hope it flourishes. The only way that's going to happen though is if you guys stay in the union. One thing you won't hear from the separatists is that the Bank of England will still control the currency and there's nothing an independent Scotland can do about that. The BoE will set its own interest rates and print money without taking into account the situation inside Scotland, that would be a disaster. Essentially the Scottish economy will still be run from England, so "independence" will not really be independence at all. Just a tip my friend.

John Mortimer

I really like Scotland, I hope it flourishes. The only way that's going to happen though is if you guys stay in the union. One thing you won't hear from the separatists is that the Bank of England will still control the currency and there's nothing an independent Scotland can do about that. The BoE will set its own interest rates and print money without taking into account the situation inside Scotland, that would be a disaster. Essentially the Scottish economy will still be run from England, so "independence" will not really be independence at all. Just a tip my friend.

An independent Scotland would have the Euro.

John Mortimer

That's even worse. I don't think I need to comment on the Euro haha

Well - I'm sure in years to come you will enjoy your closeted existence as little england with your pounds and monarchs and you can let Scotland and Wales get on with being proper 21st century European nations. :)

Take care, now...be well. :wave:

daniluvstim

Hi dark ! are you familiar with allistair begg? I believe that he is a Scottish although I could be wrong .... He is a preacher who I very much enjoy listening to (podcasts)

Blessings

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
That's even worse. I don't think I need to comment on the Euro haha

Yes, you'd do well to keep your mouth shut about things that you're ignorant about.

I just spent 2 months in Germany, hop across the channel and see how horribly the union is doing compared to us. *snort*

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
Well , am married with no kids just cats
i dont work because i have mental health problems ( i have OCD , depression and i hear and see things that arent there ) i am on medication for it all but with the hearing things i may always hear things that arent there
I like walking and being online am also vegetarian

You'll fit in well.

Truster

Hi DA,

I used to have a farm outside New Deer, Banff and Bachan. And I've walk the West Highland Way so we may have met….

Welcome and enjoy, h.