Here comes the judge.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
There is a difference between judging a man's actions and judging a man. A Christian should wisely judge actions. He can not however judge the hearts of men with accuracy, God alone has access to the heart. People can only make assumptions about the state of someone elses heart and salvation or lack of it. Assumptions are sometimes right and often wrong. Yet some on here continue to judge the hearts of men.

Even if you do decide to take on God's role and start judging people (not their actions) . . . judging does not mean name calling, insulting and looking down your nose at people. This seems to be what many so called Christians here think judging means.
[Jesus]Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.[/Jesus]
-Matthew 12:34

[Jesus]A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.[/Jesus]
-Luke 6:45

TheFallenAngel

[jesus]Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.[/jesus]

[jesus]A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.[/jesus]

These scriptures really could work against you. Be careful what you quote.

YahuShuan

There is a difference between judging a man's actions and judging a man. A Christian should wisely judge actions. He can not however judge the hearts of men with accuracy, God alone has access to the heart. People can only make assumptions about the state of someone elses heart and salvation or lack of it. Assumptions are sometimes right and often wrong. Yet some on here continue to judge the hearts of men.

Even if you do decide to take on God's role and start judging people (not their actions) . . . judging does not mean name calling, insulting and looking down your nose at people. This seems to be what many so called Christians here think judging means.

KJVR...Mat 10:11-16 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. And when ye come into a house, salute it. And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city. Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

The Scriptures...Mat 10:11-16 “And into whatever city or village you enter, ask who is worthy in it, and stay there until you leave. And as you enter into a house, greet it. And if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And whoever does not receive you nor hear your words, when you leave that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. Truly, I say to you, it shall be more bearable for the land of Seḏom and Amorah in the day of judgment than for that city! See, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

You seem to be correct, I don't see any name calling or looking down the nose at people...I do see judgment rendered and disciples moving on. No need to hang out and put folks down, they will have enough to deal with when the time has come. And wasting time on those who do not hear keeps the truth from those who would hear it:) I also see that there is a decision to be made by the bearer of the Good News, whether the house be worthy or not...is that "snubbing"? Or is it making a good judgment?

Seems it is up to the disciple to ask, and determine, whether the house is worthy or not. But then again, "disciple" means "taught one", and if they have not been taught to OBEY SCRIPTURE instead of men, then they have no business being a "disciple" for they have yet to be "taught". We determine whether the house is worthy or not, by their reception and response...FRUIT. If they hear and accept the words we bring from above, then they are worthy, if they refuse, they are NOT. Simply deducted.

aharvey

Are there still any Christians that think you shouldn't judge?

Well, yeah, from what I can tell, pretty much all of them think I shouldn't judge. But most of them jealousy claim that right for themselves, and in many cases apparently the nastier the better.

Part of the problem comes from misuse of the word itself. The English word "judge" can mean such different things as evaluate, estimate, or condemn. I don't know what word or words from the original texts have been translated to "judge," but I'm skeptical that the original word had the same range of meanings. But the "judge-mental" crowd uses this to their advantage by denouncing as hypocrites anyone who so much as evaluates as being inappropriate (aha! judging!) nasty insults and personal attacks, er, judging by other Christians. As I've noted before, it's not at all clear to me that the biblical concept of judging equals either forming an opinion or personal-attacking and insulting.

But, again, those folks who most jealously defend their right to condemn you and deny your right to observe them are also most noisily certain that their biblical interpretations are The Only Right One, so whatta ya gonna do?

OMEGA

There are different meanings for Judge.
-----------------------------------------------
Mt 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Lu 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Lu 12:14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
Lu 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

De 1:16 And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.
Pr 31:9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Smaller deserves the TOL award for Poster who BLABS the most but has YET to say ANYTHING THAT MAKES SENSE.

enjoy :rolleyes:

Freelight is off the deep end with concrete shoes himself.

edit: I guess I can't leave letsargue, squeaky, or beloved57 of the alien abduction list.

We are just members of the jury and not the judge

I see your metaphor, and it is not far off at all. I do not pretend to be the rock of offense. We just want to let them know it doesn't have to be this way.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
We are just members of the jury and not the judge
When did God ever support the idea of juries?

Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?
-1 Corinthians 6:2-3

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Only Deity is Omniscient

Only Deity is Omniscient

There is only one True Judge of all, and that is God Alone for only He is All-wise, All-loving, All-just. If one is truly led by the Spirit he is governed by wisdom in all and any judgments, and will be guided in their appropriations. One walking in the Light is centered in integrity and inspired by Love. When any 'human' deems it upon themself to play 'God' or assume and mete out 'judgments' that are not wholly true, distorted, tainted by personal prefrence/ego/bias/ignorance (basically the whole lot of lower carnal misgivings)...he will suffer the karmic backlash of the law of reflectivity, - the same measure of his judgments will judge him. This is why utmost carefulness ought to be had in 'judging' anything or anyone. (both in ones thoughts and words).

paul

Caille

Well, yeah, from what I can tell, pretty much all of them think I shouldn't judge.

LOL - good one!

But the "judge-mental" crowd uses this to their advantage by denouncing as hypocrites anyone who so much as evaluates as being inappropriate (aha! judging!) nasty insults and personal attacks, er, judging by other Christians. As I've noted before, it's not at all clear to me that the biblical concept of judging equals either forming an opinion or personal-attacking and insulting.

You're referring to immature "Christians", of many ages. For an example of what a mature Christian sounds like, read LoveJoy's posts at the beginning of this thread and compare it to the squabbling raucousness of other "Christians" on this board.

Last edited:

TheFallenAngel

When did God ever support the idea of juries?

Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?
-1 Corinthians 6:2-3

Above scripture says "judge the smallest matter", it does not say the smallest individuals. It's about judging actions and things not people.

The above scripture also said that the saints will judge the world. This does not point to judging individuals but judging the condition/state/order of the world.
The world world refers to The underlying qualities which animate the world. - I Cor. 2:12 - the spirit of the world - I Cor. 3:19 - the wisdom of the world - I Cor. 7:31 - the way of the world - Titus 2:12 - the lusts of the world - II Pet. 1:4 - the corruption that is in the world - II Pet. 2:20 -the defilement of the world - I Jn. 2:15 - the things that are in the world

So again - we are not talking about judging individuals - not talking about judging the hearts of men. We are talking about judging things, situations, deeds, sins, actions, morality and order.

:poly:

Quasar1011

We shall judge angels? Righteous angels seemingly need no judge. But fallen angels?

Deuteronomy 19:15
One witness is not enough to convict a man accused of any crime or offense he may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Matthew 18:16
"But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'"

2nd Corinthians 13:1
This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses."

It appears, perhaps, that God will not send any demons to their eternal destiny, without first calling 2 or 3 saints against them as witnesses. You mean that demon that's been bugging me, I get to testify against him at his trial? :banana:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Above scripture says "judge the smallest matter", it does not say the smallest individuals. It's about judging actions and things not people.

The above scripture also said that the saints will judge the world. This does not point to judging individuals but judging the condition/state/order of the world.
The world world refers to The underlying qualities which animate the world. - I Cor. 2:12 - the spirit of the world - I Cor. 3:19 - the wisdom of the world - I Cor. 7:31 - the way of the world - Titus 2:12 - the lusts of the world - II Pet. 1:4 - the corruption that is in the world - II Pet. 2:20 -the defilement of the world - I Jn. 2:15 - the things that are in the world

So again - we are not talking about judging individuals - not talking about judging the hearts of men. We are talking about judging things, situations, deeds, sins, actions, morality and order.

:poly:
If we are worthy to judge the smallest matters we are worthy to judge larger matters. And if we are worthy to judge the largest matters, we are worthy to judge people, and their hearts. We judge their hearts by the words they speak.

[Jesus]Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.[/Jesus]

[Jesus]A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.[/Jesus]