Hello!

Porissocri

Hi, my name is João Roberto, I'm 43 years old and I live in Assis, São Paulo, Brazil. My username means "therefore I believed".

I'm an LDS. I was baptized on July 15, 1992. Before, I was a Baptist. I'm divorced.

I have a friend who's also on the board. His name is Christiano. After he also got divorced, I came to live in his house. He didn't want to be alone in his house. (We're not gay, we're just friends. LOL)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Blessings in spiritus..............

Blessings in spiritus..............

~*~*~

Welcome to TOL :)

I remember Christiano started a thread on 'Spiritism' (of the Allan Kardec tradition),...and I and a spiritist friend from the UK were adding to the dialogue,....we even begun some commentary on 'The Spirit's Book'. Unfortunately, it was an older thread that got purged in one of the server upgrades, as they periodically 'trim' older threads to free up space. Some good and interesting stuff. I know the Spiritism movement has roots and is pretty active in Brazil.

On that note, I would say that Mormonism does have a spiritualist philosophy agreeing with the concept of 'eternal progression' of spirit-souls, although its teaching on 'reincarnation' is not so pronounced as it is in Spiritism.

Explore Spiritism

Perhaps a new thread on the subject is forthcoming, since many might be surprised to know the high moral and ethical teachings of Spiritism, which is not necessarily the 'spiritism' the Bible warns against, which is further complicated by how one defines the term. Questions were put forth to spirits of a higher order of goodness/purity, and thus a body of consistent philosophical teachings and ethics came forth.

See you on the forum :thumb:

pj

way 2 go

Hi, my name is João Roberto, I'm 43 years old and I live in Assis, São Paulo, Brazil. My username means "therefore I believed".

I'm an LDS. I was baptized on July 15, 1992. Before, I was a Baptist. I'm divorced.

so you were a Baptist Christian and had it right
now you are a mormon (cultist) and have it wrong .

:think:
you should fit right in :chuckle:

welcome to TOL \ TRUTHSMACK