Hello all, new here.

J.M.

Hi guys, my name is James. Im new here. Ive only been studying theology for a few months now, but Im hoping to learn a lot from here. Ive been reading a lot of threads and there is a ton of great info here! Ive recently been reading and studying books by NT Wright and David Bentley Hart. Hope all of you are well!:)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi guys, my name is James. Im new here. Ive only been studying theology for a few months now, but Im hoping to learn a lot from here. Ive been reading a lot of threads and there is a ton of great info here! Ive recently been reading and studying books by NT Wright and David Bentley Hart. Hope all of you are well!:)

Hi James! :wave2:

J.M.

Thanks guys! Just curious, is there a way to search the forums? I dont see an option for that.

Mocking You

Thanks guys! Just curious, is there a way to search the forums? I dont see an option for that.

Welcome to TOL. Watch out for snakes.

Searching is an option that will be available to you once you have been registered for one week or once you make 25 posts.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Welcome!

What does the "Other" mean in your declared belief label?

AMR

Saint_of_Me

BANNED
Banned
Welcome, Jimmy.

A lot of fundamentalists here. More than any theology forum I have ever been to. I am not sure of your religious preferences or views, but if you ever want an opinion from the Other Side, where the Light Giver reigns, gimme a shout-out. I will be glad to answer any questions.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi guys, my name is James. Im new here. Ive only been studying theology for a few months now, but Im hoping to learn a lot from here.
You'd do better by involving yourself in the theology section at your local library, but this is a lively place and you can find more than a few people worth mulling with on matters theological and other...speaking of "other" I think you'll also find that designation makes more than a few uncomfortable, it lacking the declaration of particular theistic allegiance.

Ive been reading a lot of threads and there is a ton of great info here! Ive recently been reading and studying books by NT Wright and David Bentley Hart. Hope all of you are well!:)
Welcome. :e4e:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcomesmile3.gif

J.M.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! Since I cant search, can anyone recommend a thread that might be based on books/currently reading/recommendations? I didnt want to start a new thread if there is already one.

As for the "other" part goes, I chose that because I am new to Christianity. Well, I was mostly brought up on a secular home, but we did go to church from time to time, and I have distant memories of going to Sunday school. But thats about it - that is why Im saying Im new to it. I lived a large part of my life as a secularist. I believed in God, but I didnt really follow any particular religion. But something odd happened to me about 6 months ago that drew me back to Christ. I dont know how to explain it, but it was some sort of natural force within me I felt to learn more about Christianity.

Anyway, the reason I chose "other" is because Im still learning and I dont want to call myself a Christian until I have a good grasp on everything. Hope that makes sense.

Lon

But something odd happened to me about 6 months ago that drew me back to Christ. I dont know how to explain it, but it was some sort of natural force within me I felt to learn more about Christianity.
The Holy Spirit? He draws men.

Anyway, the reason I chose "other" is because Im still learning and I dont want to call myself a Christian until I have a good grasp on everything. Hope that makes sense.
This is a good site, but it is set up mostly for debate among all kinds of people, denominations, and beliefs. As such, it can get rough because we all come here like you see in the world and on the news, and hash it all out. It is like a clearing house of sentiments, Christian and otherwise. Because of that, the information is just there (here). There are drag outs and verbal brawling, but there is also good discussion as well (some in nooks and crannies). Some forums are better suited to discipleship but perhaps you will meet a few on here that can help direct you and help you grow in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. -Lon

OCTOBER23

Hello James,

WELCOME TO THE DUNGEON

BE AFRAID ,

BE VERY AFRAID AND

GO AWAY BEFORE YOU HAVE TOO MUCH FUN HERE !!