Hell and A Lack of Mercy

meshak

BANNED
Banned
:noid:

If 'simplicity' implies 'naivety',...then I'd trade that with intelligence. Ignorance helps no one.

The Bible says God is love.

He does not torture non-believers, giving them eternal life in lake of fire.

They will not have eternal life in lake of fire. They will perish.

This is simple concept and biblical.

Arthur Brain

And its very merciful to protect those who honor Gods way from those who refuse it. Take a look at this world and what sin has caused.

A selfish, short sighted and callous way of looking at it. Why the need for the suffering of other people in some 'hell' in order to prevent your 'paradise' from being subverted? Annihilation would make more sense as no threat could be imposed at all, not that I'm sure why you think non believers in this lifetime would be especially interested in ruining your after life anyway...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
A selfish, short sighted and callous way of looking at it. Why the need for the suffering of other people in some 'hell' in order to prevent your 'paradise' from being subverted? Annihilation would make more sense as no threat could be imposed at all, not that I'm sure why you think non believers in this lifetime would be especially interested in ruining your after life anyway...

You make perfect sense, brother.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Im guessing it was a non believer vs a believer who murdered my son.

Sin ruins lives.

Arthur Brain

Im guessing it was a non believer vs a believer who murdered my son.

Sin ruins lives.

I think you already know my sentiments wher it comes to those who murdered your son. You should do by now or at least I would hope so considering past exchanges.

It's not an either/or on the topic though. Most non believers wish no harm as most believers do also.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think you already know my sentiments wher it comes to those who murdered your son. You should do by now or at least I would hope so considering past exchanges.

It's not an either/or on the topic though. Most non believers wish no harm as most believers do also.

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one

Im pretty sure someone shooting into cars on the freeway wished harm on others.

Would he be alive if there was sin in the world?

Arthur Brain

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one

Im pretty sure someone shooting into cars on the freeway wished harm on others.

Would he be alive if there was sin in the world?

I'm sure as well, just as I'm sure that the guy who raped someone very close to me intended nothing but harm, but I can't extend that to black and whites in terms of belief/unbelief.

With your last then I'd need you to clarify what you mean a bit more.

Example: Does a drunk driver who didn't follow what was right, wish harm on those they killed?

In most cases I would say not although that doesn't excuse the reckless act.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
With your last then I'd need you to clarify what you mean a bit more.

Sin is a transgression of the laws of God. Laws designed to protect, not harm or limit your fun.

In most cases I would say not although that doesn't excuse the reckless act.

Then you get the point. Even though there was no intent to harm, harm happened because of a choice to sin.

There is no such thing as sin that doesnt hurt anyone.

Arthur Brain

Sin is a transgression of the laws of God. Laws designed to protect, not harm or limit your fun.

Then you get the point. Even though there was no intent to harm, harm happened because of a choice to sin.

There is no such thing as sin that doesnt hurt anyone.

Then that would apply to your own if not as extreme as the taking of life right? I'll freely admit I've hurt people in my life and have recriminations over it to some degree each day no less. I fail to see where this applies to the earlier whereby a hell of suffering of some sort is necessary to protect anyone in 'Heaven' however.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then that would apply to your own if not as extreme as the taking of life right?
Yes, my choice of sins have hurt people too, im not innocent, no one is, i just recognize that my ways arent His, and have received His grace. In other words, i offer my will for His instead. Hell is for those who refuse His will over them. Because even their not intended sins, hurt others and there will be NO sin in heaven or in the new creation.

Life is a testament to why His way is best.

I'll freely admit I've hurt people in my life and have recriminations over it to some degree each day no less. I fail to see where this applies to the earlier whereby a hell of suffering of some sort is necessary to protect anyone in 'Heaven' however.

You can keep engaging me all day on this issue, and pretending weve never discussed my view, i believe that suffering is self inflicted. I do not believe there will be a single person in hell, who doesnt clearly know why they are there and why they deserve it.

Arthur Brain

Yes, my choice of sins have hurt people too, im not innocent, no one is, i just recognize that my ways arent His, and have received His grace. In other words, i offer my will for His instead. Hell is for those who refuse His will over them. Because even their not intended sins, hurt others and there will be NO sin in heaven or in the new creation.

Life is a testament to why His way is best.

Then kudos to you for finding the narrow path that escapes eternal suffering while everyone who doesn't is willingly entering into it, despite the nonsense that actually amounts to. You may as well take credit because you're more than willing to pass judgment on anyone and everyone who doesn't believe the same as you in this life and reduce it to 'choice', no matter who they are.

Nobody is even saying that there'd be hurt in any new creation either.

You can keep engaging me all day on this issue, and pretending weve never discussed my view, i believe that suffering is self inflicted. I do not believe there will be a single person in hell, who doesnt clearly know why they are there and why they deserve it.

Why would I pretend we've never discussed it? I'm not pretending any such thing but rather taking issue with the same callous viewpoint you ascribed to other peoples suffering from the last time around.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then kudos to you for finding the narrow path that escapes eternal suffering while everyone who doesn't is willingly entering into it, despite the nonsense that actually amounts to. You may as well take credit because you're more than willing to pass judgment on anyone and everyone who doesn't believe the same as you in this life and reduce it to 'choice', no matter who they are.

I am not capeable of passing judgment on others, thats His call. I have no power to throw anyone into hell. I actually try my best to help others avoid it.

Why would I pretend we've never discussed it? I'm not pretending any such thing but rather taking issue with the same callous viewpoint you ascribed to other peoples suffering from the last time around.

If One chooses to remain separated from God and that their own way is better, why are you surprised when they are given what they claim to want?

Arthur Brain

I am not capeable of passing judgment on others, thats His call. I have no power to throw anyone into hell. I actually try my best to help others avoid it.

Of course you do and you've shown it consistently as you do with your next ironically. You consider that people who end up in hell have "chosen" to end up there so what's that if not a judgement exactly? You've judged people's behaviour/beliefs or else what? Nobody said you had the right or power to consign people to your notion of hell in order to point out the above.

If One chooses to remain separated from God and that their own way is better, why are you surprised when they are given what they claim to want?

You say you're not capable of passing judgement and yet you reduce all non believing people to this caricature?

Almost unreal.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course you do and you've shown it consistently as you do with your next ironically. You consider that people who end up in hell have "chosen" to end up there so what's that if not a judgement exactly? You've judged people's behaviour/beliefs or else what? Nobody said you had the right or power to consign people to your notion of hell in order to point out the above.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

I do not believe anyone will end up in hell who doesnt know why they ended up there and that think they dont belong there. I truly believe God works enough into each life, that at some point they know the truth and either receive it or reject it, so there is no excuse.

You say you're not capable of passing judgement and yet you reduce all non believing people to this caricature?

Almost unreal.

Reduce all non believing people to rejecting God when they die, yes, He said it, not me and i believe Him, its not my judgment. He knows when He has worked in the lives of non believers and when the light goes on and they either walk in it or shut it off and say they dont want Him.

Hes done enough in my life and has proven His way to me to such an extent that i can believe what He says.

I pray you receive Him, you dont know what day your life will end and you don't have another chance. The day my son died, that morning he announced to the world on his facebook, that it was going to be a wonderful day.

Arthur Brain

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

I do not believe anyone will end up in hell who doesnt know why they ended up there and that think they dont belong there. I truly believe God works enough into each life, that at some point they know the truth and either receive it or reject it, so there is no excuse.

Reduce all non believing people to rejecting God when they die, yes, He said it, not me and i believe Him, its not my judgment. He knows when He has worked in the lives of non believers and when the light goes on and they either walk in it or shut it off and say they dont want Him.

Hes done enough in my life and has proven His way to me to such an extent that i can believe what He says.

Yeh, so the multitude of people who have a flicker of existence on earth and don't believe the same as yourself deserve eternal suffering based on your reading of a verse, and not just that, you need to be protected from them lest they somehow manage to disrupt your Heavenly existence in the after life as you found the 'narrow path' here.

Lovely.

:plain:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yeh, so the multitude of people who have a flicker of existence on earth and don't believe the same as yourself deserve eternal suffering based on your reading of a verse, and not just that, you need to be protected from them lest they somehow manage to disrupt your Heavenly existence in the after life as you found the 'narrow path' here.

Lovely.

:plain:

I deserve it too, its only by His mercy i dont get what i deserve.

Arthur Brain

I pray you receive Him, you dont know what day your life will end and you don't have another chance. The day my son died, that morning he announced to the world on his facebook, that it was going to be a wonderful day.

I would hope you gain understanding for why people balk at your compassionless attitude towards people based simply on belief. Your doctrine is nothing but hopelessness and pain to so so many and I do not believe in a god that would inflict that. That doesn't mean I don't have a belief, just not in your doctrine or similar thanks.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I would hope you gain understanding for why people balk at your compassionless attitude towards people based simply on belief. Your doctrine is nothing but hopelessness and pain to so so many and I do not believe in a god that would inflict that. That doesn't mean I don't have a belief, just not in your doctrine or similar thanks.

I understand you reject it.