Hell and A Lack of Mercy

Jimmy West

As I follow the threads of this forum and read the comments and responses, I have realized that many in the church lack what I call a God-level mercy. When you can talk about someone going to Hell, without being the slightest bit concerned about it, it indicates to me that you do not understand, or choose to ignore the tragedy of anyone spending eternity in Hell. It is not something you should talk about with any degree of joy or humor in it. It is a tragedy and if there is not some degree of sadness in your voice then you are lacking in mercy. So, what I am going to talk about here is mercy and Hell.

When something is so unpleasant, so ugly, so terrible or so painful, people have a tendency to avoid the subject. They do not want to hear about it, see it, learn about it or discuss it. That coupled with the fact that scripture is somewhat lacking and what there is, is somewhat vague, is why so many Christians do not have a grasp of the true nature of Hell…what it is really like. I am going to lead you through a scenario of what it is like for someone who dies and is taken to hell. I am not going to go into detail as to how I know this, except to say that it is personal revelational knowledge. My hope is that by sharing this with you, you may be a little more serious and concerned when the subject of someone going to Hell comes up.

He dies. Three demons grab him and drag and carry him down through the Earth. . He ends up in a huge cavern, kind of lying on the side of a hill. He seems to be embedded in it and unable to move. He looks down at himself and think that he is OK. Suddenly flesh starts to fall off of his bones. It falls off in clumps and the next time he looks, there are thousands of worms crawling through his bones. Fear, sadness and regret grip his soul as he realizes that he is in Hell for eternity. Off in the distance he can hear screaming that never seems to stop. Later, three demons come and grab him and start carrying him off. They take him to a large cavern that is filled with pits in the ground as far as you can see. These pits are six feet in diameter and four feet below the top is a miniature lake of molten lava. Each pit has lost soul in it trying to get out. He notices that the flesh will burn off and then grow back and burn off again. Blood curdling screams are everywhere. As they pass each pit, some of the lost cry out for mercy. He hear one say: “Jesus, save me!” They finally reach an empty pit. He is thinking: “Oh no, please, no!” The demons throw him into the empty pit. The intense pain is of a magnitude that he is sure that he will pass out. But he doesn’t. The pain subsides briefly as the flesh grows back on his bones. It then starts to burn off again along with more pain that the last time. This cycle will never stop. It will last until eternity. There will be no early outs, no paroles, no pardons.. FOREEVER..

Now picture this as being you. Suppose that years ago you were not blessed and did not make the decision to accept Jesus. Suppose everyone assumed you were saved and you had an untimely death. Think of yourself crying out for mercy. Think about that friend of yours who could have told you but put it off because there was always tomorrow. Think about your wife or husband who decided that you would eventually find your own way.

Now think about this person as being your friend, or your wife or husband. Let’s say that he or she had a second chance at life and was spared the horror of Hell. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? Do you have that Godly mercy that will lead you to take action?

Next time you talk or think about someone going to Hell will you handle it differently? What will you do about it? What if they died tomorrow?

red77

Jimmy West said:
As I follow the threads of this forum and read the comments and responses, I have realized that many in the church lack what I call a God-level mercy. When you can talk about someone going to Hell, without being the slightest bit concerned about it, it indicates to me that you do not understand, or choose to ignore the tragedy of anyone spending eternity in Hell. It is not something you should talk about with any degree of joy or humor in it. It is a tragedy and if there is not some degree of sadness in your voice then you are lacking in mercy. So, what I am going to talk about here is mercy and Hell.

When something is so unpleasant, so ugly, so terrible or so painful, people have a tendency to avoid the subject. They do not want to hear about it, see it, learn about it or discuss it. That coupled with the fact that scripture is somewhat lacking and what there is, is somewhat vague, is why so many Christians do not have a grasp of the true nature of Hell…what it is really like. I am going to lead you through a scenario of what it is like for someone who dies and is taken to hell. I am not going to go into detail as to how I know this, except to say that it is personal revelational knowledge. My hope is that by sharing this with you, you may be a little more serious and concerned when the subject of someone going to Hell comes up.

He dies. Three demons grab him and drag and carry him down through the Earth. . He ends up in a huge cavern, kind of lying on the side of a hill. He seems to be embedded in it and unable to move. He looks down at himself and think that he is OK. Suddenly flesh starts to fall off of his bones. It falls off in clumps and the next time he looks, there are thousands of worms crawling through his bones. Fear, sadness and regret grip his soul as he realizes that he is in Hell for eternity. Off in the distance he can hear screaming that never seems to stop. Later, three demons come and grab him and start carrying him off. They take him to a large cavern that is filled with pits in the ground as far as you can see. These pits are six feet in diameter and four feet below the top is a miniature lake of molten lava. Each pit has lost soul in it trying to get out. He notices that the flesh will burn off and then grow back and burn off again. Blood curdling screams are everywhere. As they pass each pit, some of the lost cry out for mercy. He hear one say: “Jesus, save me!” They finally reach an empty pit. He is thinking: “Oh no, please, no!” The demons throw him into the empty pit. The intense pain is of a magnitude that he is sure that he will pass out. But he doesn’t. The pain subsides briefly as the flesh grows back on his bones. It then starts to burn off again along with more pain that the last time. This cycle will never stop. It will last until eternity. There will be no early outs, no paroles, no pardons.. FOREEVER..

Now picture this as being you. Suppose that years ago you were not blessed and did not make the decision to accept Jesus. Suppose everyone assumed you were saved and you had an untimely death. Think of yourself crying out for mercy. Think about that friend of yours who could have told you but put it off because there was always tomorrow. Think about your wife or husband who decided that you would eventually find your own way.

Now think about this person as being your friend, or your wife or husband. Let’s say that he or she had a second chance at life and was spared the horror of Hell. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? Do you have that Godly mercy that will lead you to take action?

Next time you talk or think about someone going to Hell will you handle it differently? What will you do about it? What if they died tomorrow?

I think your thread title sums it about up, you talk about 'Godly' mercy that doesnt seem to exist in your scenario....anything but....

Jimmy West

Evee said:
I just read a post today by you where you said God told you no hell, so which is it?
He is closing Hell. I posted this because those in the discussion concerning Hell and the lost seem to be making a game over a very serious issue. The church, in General, lacks empathy and sympathy when they speak of somebody going to Hell. This post is not about hell, but instead, is about the lack of empathy, sympathy and most of all, mercy.

Evee

Jimmy West said:
He is closing Hell. I posted this because those in the discussion concerning Hell and the lost seem to be making a game over a very serious issue. The church, in General, lacks empathy and sympathy when they speak of somebody going to Hell. This post is not about hell, but instead, is about the lack of empathy, sympathy and most of all, mercy.
Well ok if you say so.
Wonder why he told you that?
I believe there will be seperation from God, I have no idea what seperation will be and for how long...I know God is a good God and hell for no purpose just isn't so.

Hal_Jordan

Evee said:
Well ok if you say so.
Wonder why he told you that?
I believe there will be separation from God, I have no idea what separation will be and for how long...I know God is a good God and hell for no purpose just isn't so.
Well said. The very idea of Hell (a place of eternal punishment) is the opposite of everything good and merciful. What if the concept of Hell did not exist? Would as many people even bother with Christianity?
I would hope so, otherwise we have a lot of people with highly questionable motives.

OlDove

Hal_Jordan said:
Well said. The very idea of Hell (a place of eternal punishment) is the opposite of everything good and merciful. What if the concept of Hell did not exist? Would as many people even bother with Christianity?
I would hope so, otherwise we have a lot of people with highly questionable motives.
sounds like how some feel here on earth.
eternal torment.

Kimberlyann

Jimmy West said:

Talk about scare tactics, does anyone really think God is this sadistic?

genuineoriginal

Jimmy West said:
This is not the hell from the Bible, this is the Greek myth of Tartarus.
Demons do not rule hell.

Hal_Jordan

genuineoriginal said:
This is not the hell from the Bible, this is the Greek myth of Tartarus.
Demons do not rule hell.

Good call, I thought that description looked familiar. It does raise an interesting question, though: what percentage of Christians made their decision based on the fear of arriving in such a place?
Not to derail this thread, but it does not make any sense to me. Wouldn't God, who has the ability to read our hearts and motives know that those that are afraid of being tortured forever are believing just to avoid it?
That's sad and disturbing.....

Gerald

Resident Fiend
[fiendish]

Mercy is for chumps, pansies, nancy-boys and little girly-men!

[/fiendish]
:devil:

Hal_Jordan

Kimberlyann said:
Talk about scare tactics, does anyone really think God is this sadistic?
Well.....yes. In fact, the Christians that try to convert me start off by trying to destroy Evolution (which is irrelevant since while I do have faith it is not based in science), the accuracy of the bible and other such tactics, they always get around to how I will be deep fried if I don't believe.
They are using fear and descriptions such as the OP in order to sway those that do NOT know. The believers don't "know" either, they are only going by what they believe. Since the people that they are trying to convert are honest enough to admit that they do not know, the believers (for the most part) claim some sort of knowledge of the afterlife and they use that to try and scare us into believing.

It's quite childish and silly.
One can summarize the hell tactic thusly:
"Believe in my God or you'll get it!!!"

Wah. :cry:

Kimberlyann

Hal_Jordan said:
Well.....yes. In fact, the Christians that try to convert me start off by trying to destroy Evolution (which is irrelevant since while I do have faith it is not based in science), the accuracy of the bible and other such tactics, they always get around to how I will be deep fried if I don't believe.
They are using fear and descriptions such as the OP in order to sway those that do NOT know. The believers don't "know" either, they are only going by what they believe. Since the people that they are trying to convert are honest enough to admit that they do not know, the believers (for the most part) claim some sort of knowledge of the afterlife and they use that to try and scare us into believing.

It's quite childish and silly.
One can summarize the hell tactic thusly:
"Believe in my God or you'll get it!!!"

Wah. :cry:

Exactly!

Believe wrong and get deep fried. That seems to be the gospel of the Christian Church.

Funny thing is, I always thought the gospel was good news that appeared to all men. Apparently I was wrong, its only good news for the lucky few that happen to believe right.

red77

Kimberlyann said:
Exactly!

Believe wrong and get deep fried. That seems to be the gospel of the Christian Church.

Funny thing is, I always thought the gospel was good news that appeared to all men. Apparently I was wrong, its only good news for the lucky few that happen to believe right.

:thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If there is no hell there is no such thing as mercy.

After all.... mercy is getting relief from punishment, if their is no punishment there can be no relief from something that doesn't exist.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Kimberlyann said:
Exactly!

Making good choices has nothing to do with luck.

God draws all men to Himself. The ones that reject Him do so on their own freewill.